What Kind Of Songs Do You Want To Hear On The New Album?

BrOkEn BaRbiE

Proud Member
So yeah, what kind of songs do you want to hear on the new album? Do you want fast dancey songs like Dangerous, Speed Demon, Smooth Criminal or do you want more of songs like Heal The World, Will You Be There, Childhood etc??? :D

I dont want to hear any songs by Will.i.am on the new album if the T25 mixes are anything to go by.

song written by mj. as imo they are his greatest tracks.

I would like to hear an album that shows MJ's versitility.. He always does.. However, MJ usually pics an overall feel to each album.. This time, MAYBE forget that and just show everything.. But from the looks of everything we've picked up it's going to be 'good dance music' with a strong melody.. Which is always good.. I just would like to hear him use it in many types of sounds.. I love when people can hear how different he can be in each song..

I dont want to hear any songs by Will.i.am on the new album if the T25 mixes are anything to go by.

LOL! I agree (or akon for that matter!)

I'd love to see him get back to the "off the wall" and "thriller" style. I know that those cds were in the past, but I really like the 'funkiness' of them! I also looove the jacksons.....

But if he just wants to go out there and give it his best, I'll take anything he puts his heart, time and effort into. I'd actually buy a cd of him singing nursery rhymes!!! I just loove his voice!!! AHHHH! :wub:

I am pretty cool with whatever MJ puts out.:yes: I don't wanna hear songs about 'my childhood sucked! or feel sorry for me type ish!' I think at nearly 50, those type of songs should be left behind.:lol:

I am pretty cool with whatever MJ puts out.:yes: I don't wanna hear songs about 'my childhood sucked! or feel sorry for me type ish!' I think at nearly 50, those type of songs should be left behind.:lol:

Yeah we had enough of that.

Would love a song like TWYMMF or Rock with you.

I want to hear songs sung by MJ with no guest rappers; written by MJ and good songwriters like Rod Temperton; produced by MJ and the only producer that truly understands his music, Quincy Jones and engineered by Bruce Swedien. That would be perfect.

As for what style. Something different. On Invincible Michael really started to try new things. You had the classic pop and R&B stuff. But you also had some light orchestral stuff (Speechless). Some electro kind of stuff (2000 Watts). Some nearly acoustic music stuff (Don't Walk Away). And some worldly music (Whatever Happens). I like those songs because they were adventurous. But with a good producer, good engineer and some songwriting assistance they could've been amazing. With Quincy, Rod and Bruce back together with Michael, they could make the album that Invincible should've been.

I'd like to hear a lot of different material, R&B type of songs, pop songs, gospel; you name it. But first and forthmost I'd like to hear some really catchy tunes, songs you can dance to and which can be played in clubs. Not more that two/three ballads. I liked all the ballads on Invincible, but it became a bit over the top for one album

Additionally, I'd like to see collaborations with contemporary artists like Will.I.Am, 5o Cent etc. I know a lot of people don't like those artists, but what Michael really needs to do, is to appeal to a wide range of people. But with that said, it would be cool to include people on his own age as well. A Quincy collab, perhaps? Or a song with his brothers?

What I'm trying to say, is that I'd like to see a album with as much diverse material as possible. Something like Dangerous, only for 2008 ;)

Lots of upbeat dance tracks would be great like Dangerous where the first 6 tracks on the album are all upbeat tracks.

To be honest I don't care who writes the songs or who he works with. Im happy with the album when there's a little bit of everything. Songs like 'Why You Wanna Trip On Me', 'Threatened' or 'Tabloid Junkie', that has very strong lyrics and beats. Then ballads like 'Human Nature' or 'Speechless', where you can go to world of your own and imagine Michael singing exactly to you while listening. Maybe songs like 'Shout' where you have no idea what he's singing about unless you have the lyrics in front of you :lol: I wouldn't be disappointed if there would be songs like 'Earth Song' or 'Heal The World' when I know how close to Michael's heart those kind of things are. Maybe a new duet with a woman.. Yeah and a couple of dancefloor hits wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'd love the Album to have a Dangerous sound i remeber Will.I.Am saying that the album had an Off The Wall/Dangerous beat to it so who knows

song written by mj. as imo they are his greatest tracks.

Amen! Now there's something I agree wholeheartedly with.

Anything Michael writes, I'm down with that. They can be ballads, up tempo, down tempo, mid tempo, whatever. It's all good when it says written and composed by Michael Jackson.

He's one of the strongest musical composers in modern music history, in my view.

If he wants to sing about his life, then shoot, its not gonna be pretty. Michael's songs have never been goody two shoes, they've always been edgy or sombre, cause that's how his life has been in large part. "OTW" was the lone exception. If he wants to talk about how much his childhood "sucked", then who are we to tell him he can't? He wrote one song about it and people act like that's all he's ever written about, sheesh. He's written maybe 3 or 4 songs about the media, and people act like that's all he's ever written about. In the dozens of songs he's released on each album, that's a pretty low percentage.

Last edited:
I don't agree with him having will.i.am and 50 cent on his record to appeal to a wide audience. He can already do that by himself. And if people are going to need will.i.am on the record to buy it, screw 'em. Go buy will.i.am's album if that's what your interested in. Michael has sold nearly a billion record between himself and the Jackson 5/Jacksons. He doesn't need to sell anymore. From now on it should just be about creating good music that he can be proud of. I'm not saying that he hasn't made music he should be proud of. Beethoven would've been proud to make Off The Wall, Thriller and many other albums Michael has made by himself and with his brothers. But I doubt he'd look back on his career and be proud of collaborating with will.i.am and 50 cent. They can get ripped. Michael's a near-50-year-old music veteran. A living legend. He doesn't need a bunch of kids on his album to put it in the charts or get it played in the clubs. If that's what he needs then it's just not worth it. In MJ's case, because he's already achieved so much and has nothing to lose, it's better to have a #42 album that's good than a #1 album that reeks of will.i.am and 50 bloody cent.

I like his "personal" songs - Like DS, Scream, Basically anything like what was on the History album :) But I agree MJ written songs are defintly the best

I'd love to see him get back to the "off the wall" and "thriller" style. I know that those cds were in the past, but I really like the 'funkiness' of them! I also looove the jacksons.....

But if he just wants to go out there and give it his best, I'll take anything he puts his heart, time and effort into. I'd actually buy a cd of him singing nursery rhymes!!! I just loove his voice!!! AHHHH! :wub:

Oh I agree with you!! I love Michael's voice too!!!! I like "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" the best too!!! Oh now I'm getting excited:lol:

I might be a bit biased, since I really like Will.I.Am's work (doesn't care that much for 50 though..), but I really like the thought of having those artists on the album. Let's face it; the media will be all over Michael if the record doesn't go straight to #1. Including contemporary artists will appeal to a young crowd, which despite downloading and stuff, remains the largest groups of record buyers. Including new and fresh artists will probably just add a new dimension to the record. Having 50 Cent there, doesn't necessarily mean that the outcome will be bad. Just listen to Ayo Technology, which - in my opinion - is a great tune.

Michael doesn't need any collaborators on the new album. It will probably be a masterpiece either way. But this is his comeback album (although in reality; he never left). It has to make a large impact. He cannot only please us - the fans - Michael is a businessman as well. This is his occupation. His live hood. The man has to sell records. I'm not saying that he should try to please each and every one, but appealing to a new crowd - and eventually make new fans - is only a good thing as far as I see it.

:)

Last edited:
I think my favourite album is Bad and Dangeorus - I would love an album like those - they have mainly upbeat dancey tracks with a few tracks like Will You Be There and Man In The Mirror - they are sort of calmer and more relaxed songs but still with an upbeat tune to them - I LOVE them.. ahhhhh.. I'm not keen on Vince! -_- It wasn't Michael IMO...

And I agree with you Elusive! Michael writing his OWN songs... it would be just pure perfection. :)

I don't think he should work with anyone but himself :lol: Do all the sounds with his own voice.. Screw everyone else :lol:

Geez I really hope MJ doesn't pay attention to his fans. Will.i.am, 50 Cent, Timbaland... Give me a break!

Well you haven't heard what it would sound like if Michael would do a song for example with fifty, so how can you say it's a bad decision? Timberlake did a hit song with him, so why Michael couldn't? :huh: Don't judge book by its cover ;)

Well you haven't heard what it would sound like if Michael would do a song for example with fifty, so how can you say it's a bad decision? Timberlake did a hit song with him, so why Michael couldn't? :huh: Don't judge book by its cover ;)

Im judging it by the artists work themselves. What theyve done is nothing different really than what is currently out there and MJ would deffo be carrying them. They're just jumping on the MJ bandwagon to simply say theyve worked with MJ and get the rub from the biggest music act of all time.

Last edited:
Im judging it by the artists work themselves. What theyve done is nothing different really than what is currently out there and MJ would deffo be carrying them. They're just jumping on the MJ bandwagon to simply say theyve worked with MJ and get the rub from the biggest music act of all time.

The last thing you said is just completely bs. You're so keen to judge all the artists who are rumoured to be working with Michael that you forget Michael would be working with them as well! Or do you think they'd drag Michael into a studio and force him to do a song with them so they could just say they've worked with Michael? I don't think so! I can't remember where I saw this, but I remember reading somewhere that Michael actually finds hip-hop/rap (which is nowadays music) quite intresting, but just the music, not dancing. Remember when 'Gangsta' came out? Well Tempamental is a rapper too, but still I haven't heard ANYONE saying the song isn't good!

EDIT: Or maybe it's just me coz I don't want to judge other artists until I've heard the song they've done with Michael :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Timberlake had a hit song with 50 Cent, not a good song. It seems all that matter to MJ fans is that he have a hit at any cost. That's really sad.

Last edited:
I like MJ songs. lol That's what I want.

I'm a fan not because of his genre...or what style he sings. So any style is fine with me.

Timberlake had a hit song with 50 Cent, not a good song. It seems all that matter to MJ fans is that he have a hit at any cost. That's really sad.

Well that's your opinion. I think their song is good, actually it's better than just 'good' ;)

The last thing you said is just completely bs. You're so keen to judge all the artists who are rumoured to be working with Michael that you forget Michael would be working with them as well! Or do you think they'd drag Michael into a studio and force him to do a song with them so they could just say they've worked with Michael? I don't think so! I can't remember where I saw this, but I remember reading somewhere that Michael actually finds hip-hop/rap (which is nowadays music) quite intresting, but just the music, not dancing. Remember when 'Gangsta' came out? Well Tempamental is a rapper too, but still I haven't heard ANYONE saying the song isn't good!

First of all thats your opinion and this is mine so respect that. And second if you listen to T25 mixes, its sounds like they just got there hands on his demos and made there own version of it which totally butchered the song
s IMO!! B) Actually I WAS going to say that 'Gansta' isnt any good. But to support your theory, MJ didnt produce this track and only his vocals were used. But shows that when a producer takes over, its not MJ and sound more like their style. And MJ is as 'Gangsta' as my white aussie grandmother! :lol:

I just feel that with the upbeat tracks of Invincible, Rod Jerkins tried to make it his album featuring MJ and the same seems to be with Will.i.am. MJ doesnt need these "producers" and just do it himself, his style not theres. Take elements of it you like which MJ did with Teddy Riley but Dangerous was different every track. Invincible was past its time before it came out because an artist was picked based on what they had done. Past tense meaning that sound is already out. MJ was always the innovator of music which was followed and not a follower of these MJ wannabes. *cough* Usher, JT *cough*

Last edited:
I don't agree with him having will.i.am and 50 cent on his record to appeal to a wide audience. He can already do that by himself. And if people are going to need will.i.am on the record to buy it, screw 'em. Go buy will.i.am's album if that's what your interested in. Michael has sold nearly a billion record between himself and the Jackson 5/Jacksons. He doesn't need to sell anymore. From now on it should just be about creating good music that he can be proud of. I'm not saying that he hasn't made music he should be proud of. Beethoven would've been proud to make Off The Wall, Thriller and many other albums Michael has made by himself and with his brothers. But I doubt he'd look back on his career and be proud of collaborating with will.i.am and 50 cent. They can get ripped. Michael's a near-50-year-old music veteran. A living legend. He doesn't need a bunch of kids on his album to put it in the charts or get it played in the clubs. If that's what he needs then it's just not worth it. In MJ's case, because he's already achieved so much and has nothing to lose, it's better to have a #42 album that's good than a #1 album that reeks of will.i.am and 50 bloody cent.

:lol:
Ok, you're funny!

I don't think he should work with anyone but himself :lol: Do all the sounds with his own voice.. Screw everyone else :lol:

:lol: :lol:

You're so keen to judge all the artists who are rumoured to be working with Michael that you forget Michael would be working with them as well! Or do you think they'd drag Michael into a studio and force him to do a song with them so they could just say they've worked with Michael?

Well, and working with these guys really doesn't mean the songs are gonna make it to the album anyway... So these artists may write a bunch of songs with Michael, but in the end he decides what tracks will get in the album and which ones will be "thrown away".
So I guess I'll just trust Michael's good sense of what good music is (he hasn't disappointed us so far ;)) and enjoy the album when it comes out!! :yes:

I like MJ songs. lol That's what I want.

I'm a fan not because of his genre...or what style he sings. So any style is fine with me.

Exactly! ;)

Back