Thriller 25th Marketing: NRJ Music Awards, Star Academy & Grammy Awards?

Horakhty

Proud Member

promomo4.jpg

????????????????????

ph34r.gif

hi everyone, it's from http://www.mjstreet.net

a fan there - zoub52 - got this Sony BMG pre-order bulletin from a record store in France.

But as for NOW, all projects are pending and remain unconfirmed.

So stay tuned for some more updates soon.

Last edited:
exciting!!!! I hope it means what I think it means:wild:

:wild::wild::wild: I had a feeling about the Grammy awards!!! I hope it's true!"

Last edited:
But as for NOW, all projects are pending and remain unconfirmed.

what are the projects though. after all NRJ is a week and a half or so away?

but....
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2008/01/15/grammy-wga.html?ref=rss

Grammy Awards show threatened by writers' strike
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 | 6:03 PM ET

CBC News

The Grammy Awards, the U.S. music industry's big blowout, are set to become the next casualty of the Hollywood writers' strike.

A spokesman for the Writers Guild of America, representing film and TV writers who have been on strike since Nov. 5, said Tuesday it will likely bar its members from writing for the Grammy telecast.

Grammy organizers haven't asked for a waiver allowing writers to work on the show, but if they did, it is unlikely to be granted, said WGA spokesman Gregg Mitchell.

The announcement comes just days after another awards show, the Golden Globes, second only to the Oscars in glitz, was reduced to a bland news conference because writers were barred from working for the Sunday night telecast.

The Academy Awards face the same dilemma.

The U.S. Recording Academy had no comment on news that it might need to go ahead without writers.

The WGA has not said whether it will picket the event, scheduled for Feb. 10.
Meanwhile, the major U.S. studios are settling in for a long strike.

Beginning last Friday, five American TV networks cancelled dozens of contracts, laying off producers and directors, as well as writers on the picket line.

Trade publication Variety reports more than 75 people have been laid off since Friday at Warner Bros. TV, CBS Paramount Network TV, Universal Media Studios, 20th Century Fox TV and ABC Studios.

Most of the staff affected are writers, producers and directors who are developing ideas or waiting for new projects.

The studios may be ending contracts on the theory that many new shows won't be needed because of a backlog of undeveloped material. They also will save money.
The WGA objected to the layoffs, saying the networks may ultimately miss the talented staff they have let go.

Members of the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers are "alienating the very creative force that has made entertainment one of the most successful businesses in the country," the union said.

The writers are striking to get a deal for compensation for their work when it is broadcast over the internet, cell phones or other electronic media.

Last edited:
Well I'll cross my fingers and toes that MJ appears at these shows and that the Grammys arent cancelled but I wouldnt be surprised if they are.

ET reported a few days ago, that they received word that the GRAMMYS WILL GO ON without writers!

I hope, it`s true.

It would be great if he just come to accept his award:) In a short time to jet to Cannes when it confirmed would be hopeless for me :mello:

^^
quick translation:

According to our exclusive information, Michael Jackson comes to agree to be present next Saturday, on line with the NRJ Music Awards. The negotiations lasted of the weeks between the singer and TF1, NRJ, Sony Music But attention, the ex king the pop one will not sing at the time of this great evening, it will simply come to receive a NRJ Awards of honor. However initially, it was to interpret on line a duet with the Akon singer. But in final Jackson refused. Its presence on the scene of the NRJ Music Awards sticks with the exit of its Thriller album 25 years afterwards.

According to the site jeanmarcmorandini.tele7.fr, Michael Jackson reportedly agreed to be present at the NRJ Music Awards.

Negotiations announced at the "Plan-Media" distributed by Sony appear to have successfully . The fans will see in the coming days any confirmation or denial of this announcement.

http://www.mjlegend.com/news.php

The Article
:

http://jeanmarcmorandini.tele7.fr/article-11791.html

According to our exclusive, Michael Jackson has agreed to be present next Saturday, live NRJ Music Awards.

The negotiations lasted several weeks between the singer and TF1, NRJ, Sony Music

But beware, the former king of pop does not sing during this great event, it will simply receive an honorary NRJ Awards.

Yet as a first step, he had to interpret live a duet with the singer Akon. Ultimately, however, Jackson refused.

His presence on the scene of NRJ Music Awards sticks with the release of his album Thriller 25 years later.

Last edited:
UPDATE

But according to our information, the negotiations have continued.

Finally, the singer has refused to come to Paris, but agreed that a TV team comes and film give him the NRJ Music Awards of Honour. He also said a few words to the camera.

This sequence will be one of the "surprises" of the evening!
http://jeanmarcmorandini.tele7.fr/

Last edited:
Huh? one says he will be there, one says he wont ??

It's just an update.

But according to our information, the negotiations have continued.

Finally, the singer has refused to come to Paris, but agreed that a TV team comes and film give him the NRJ Music Awards of Honour. He also said a few words to the camera.

This sequence will be one of the "surprises" of the evening!
Insiders say that a video was finally registered in the USA.
It will be broadcast during the show.

But there is no confirmation because it should be a surprise.

We'll see... Hope it's true.

Last edited:
and that the Grammys arent cancelled but I wouldnt be surprised if they are.

good News :

Grammy Awards will go ahead

Unlike the Golden Globes, the 50th Annual Grammy Awards will go ahead as planned on 10 February.

Hollywood writers have agreed not to picket the glitzy bash, which will take place at Staples Centre in LA.

'We are pleased with the decision,' Recording Academy President Neil Portnow tells People.com.

'In light of this, we are gratified that the 50th Annual Grammy Awards will focus solely on the great music, artists and charitable work resulting from our show.'

Competitors for The Record Of The Year include Rihanna (Umbrella), Amy Winehouse (Rehab) and Justin Timberlake (What Goes Around… Comes Around).

It's good news for the music industry but there are still fears that the Oscars ceremony – due to air live on 24 February from Hollywood's Kodak Theatre – will be affected by the strike.

The Writers Guild Of America will negotiate with studio heads.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/celeb_article_175495.html?aff=rss

It's just an update.

Insiders say that a video was finally registered in the USA.
It will be broadcast during the show.

But there is no confirmation because it should be a surprise.

We'll see... Hope it's true.

I think it is true:

Fans of the King of Pop can expect a surprise tomorrow (as of Jan 25th) during the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes (France), Sony BMG France has announced.

sources: SonyBMG France / MJDatabank

26/01/2008: MJ has recorded a message

Frederick Pau, director of programs and head of the mark NRJ, confirmed the news in the newspaper Aujourd'hui en France.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

This has had little yet for Jackson - who will be 50 years old on August 29 and is celebrating this year the 25th anniversary of the release of "Thriller" - appearing in person in the large auditorium of the Palais des Festivals in Cannes. Last week's programme seemed finished, with the handing over by Celine Dion for a special prize to his namel and its intent, followed by a family trip to Eurodisney. That's where the case fell apart. Travelling with his 3 children, the artist - who arrived in Las Vegas - held stay a little short and has cancelled. "It was finalized," Frederick Pau regrets, adding that Michael Jackson has recorded a message "to be broadcast tonight."

Sources: Aujourd'hui en France / MJLegend

the awards arent even paris. as those articles claim lol

Back