How to get the Japanese version of Thriller 25 (with "Got The Hots)

tdude418

Proud Member
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=CD&strict=&word=Thriller

This is an English language website that sells Japanese media. It's a really cool website, especially if you love Japanese culture and animé.

The first option is ¥3,400 (¥=yen). This is roughly $31.54 according to the website. This option has the 20-page booklet. The DVD and CD are the same except the CD has "Got The Hots." The DVD is region 2 PAL, and the advertisement says, "digitally remastered."

The second option is ¥4,200. This is roughly $38.96 according to the website. This option has the 48-page booklet. The DVD is the same.

For those who have DVD-ROMs on their computers, get Windows Media Player for PCs and VLC for Macintoshes (Macs ROCK!). You will be guaranteed to play the region 2 dvd.

The MINIMUM shipping cost will be $5.00 for those living in the U.S.A. That is the price for me on the East Coast. For signing up on this website, they will give you 300 points (which is ¥300). It will save you about $2.80. You well get additional 160 when it ships.

I pre-ordered mine! Get yours! My ENTIRE order, shipping and the discount included, was $40.82. MJJshop is selling it for £39.99, which is roughly $78.20.

Last edited:
thank you. this site is amazing indeed. i got my bad single (re-released in 1996) which is pretty rare from that site and it came with a courier in a great safe package. they are very professional.

Re: How to get the Japanese version of Thriller 25 (with "Got The Hots")

£39.99?!?!?!?!?

That's like $78.20 for Americans!!!!!!!!! cdjapan is WAAAAY cheaper for us (MY total order, the CD, the discount, and shipping, was $40.82), and for the UK as well.

Last edited:
sigh! I want this song so bad, why can't they put it on the US 1 2! grrr...

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=CD&strict=&word=Thriller

This is an English language website that sells Japanese media. It's a really cool website, especially if you love Japanese culture and animé.

The first option is ¥3,400 (¥=yen). This is roughly $31.54 according to the website. This option has the 20-page booklet. The DVD and CD are the same except the CD has "Got The Hots." The DVD is region 2 PAL, and the advertisement says, "digitally remastered."

The second option is ¥4,200. This is roughly $38.96 according to the website. This option has the 48-page booklet. The DVD is the same.

For those who have DVD-ROMs on their computers, get Windows Media Player for PCs and VLC for Macintoshes (Macs ROCK!). You will be guaranteed to play the region 2 dvd.

The MINIMUM shipping cost will be $5.00 for those living in the U.S.A. That is the price for me on the East Coast. For signing up on this website, they will give you 300 points (which is ¥300). It will save you about $2.80. You well get additional 160 when it ships.

I pre-ordered mine! Get yours! My ENTIRE order, shipping and the discount included, was $40.82. MJJshop is selling it for £39.99, which is roughly $78.20.

Hey :) I ordered mine from that website as well, I ordered the one with the 48 page bookled. Curious!! :p:woohoo:

You must either be a millionaire, or you just like to spend LOTS of money on things you can get cheaper elsewhere ;)

Last edited:
Hey :) I ordered mine from that website as well, I ordered the one with the 48 page bookled. Curious!! :p:woohoo:

You must either be a millionaire, or you just like to spend LOTS of money on things you can get cheaper elsewhere ;)

Hehe maybe not a millionaire but I want to buy 10 singles TGIM and 5 albums everyone diferent with vinyls:)

I love spending my money for Michael's cd:)

May I suggest you guys to order T25 Japanese edition from HMV.co.jp?

Thriller: 25th Anniversary Deluxe Expanded ¥3,969 ($37,11 - £19,98 - €25,42)
Thriller: 25th Anniversary Expanded Edition ¥3,212 ($30,04 - £15,36 - €20,57)
(add shipping costs)

I've already ordered the deluxe expanded edition....$48,00 - £24,70 shipped :cool:

You know I tried that but they were going to charge me ¥1200 to ship it! That would have made my order about about $8 more than from cdjapan. They said my order qualified for free shipping (which indeed would have made my order cheaper) until I gave them my address.

Thanks so much for the links to actual shops! I was wondering how I would ever get it! :woohoo:

Amazon and Barnes and Noble also now carry the Japanese version.
They do? :blink:

Amazon US ?

Ahhh. I found it. $47 and maybe add shipping. I guess I will settle for the Wal-mart special. lol. Its all good. I love For All Time. I will be happy with that. Maybe the other song will be released here later on i-tunes or something.

Last edited:
May I suggest you guys to order T25 Japanese edition from HMV.co.jp?

Thriller: 25th Anniversary Deluxe Expanded ¥3,969 ($37,11 - £19,98 - €25,42)
Thriller: 25th Anniversary Expanded Edition ¥3,212 ($30,04 - £15,36 - €20,57)
(add shipping costs)

I've already ordered the deluxe expanded edition....$48,00 - £24,70 shipped :cool:

I think the prices are pretty much the same as on cdjapan.co.jp , I ordered the Expanded edition from there and it costs me (INCLUDING SHIPPING):
¥ 4,700 / EUR 29,78 / $ 43,00

They are sending it by Airmail.

AMAZON.com
www.amazon.com/Thriller-25th-Anniversary-Dlx-Exp/dp/B00122DUN4/

Barnes&Noble.com
music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?z=y&EAN=4547366036466

I'll wait with ordering as it could be possible that Got The Hots will be available worldwide on one of the upcomming single releases as a b-side

I highly doubt that. Usually these kinds of 'bonus' tracks only show up on Japanese editions. I know that Janet has always had her Japanese albums contain 1 or 2 unreleased bonus tracks, and those were never found anywhere else than on the Japanese versions. And I believe it's the same with Michael.

Last edited:
Yeah, I ordered mine from cdjapan, they seem most reliable. I shouldn't be spending the money, lol. But a good song is priceless, and I'll pay for it. I know the song will be good, its Michael Jackson, lol.

a few negative things about getting the Japanese version..

- waiting for shipping
- cover and booklet in Japanese
- DVD not NTSC comparable

These reasons I'm not sure to order that version. I'm not sure one song that I know I'll get somehow. Buying a single or on iTunes.. Wit u think?

Last edited:
I wish I could get the Japanese version because of "Got the Hots" but I have to rely on my Grandma to order it for me, and she doesn't want to spend that much on her CR card, if I could get it on my own I would in a heartbeat. Those of you that can afford & have the ability to get it, should get it b/c it'll be rare & very awesome to have that song!

Last edited:
Back