WBSS2008 on iTunes US!!

Thanks for the update! :punk:

wbssitunesusea4.jpg

Last edited:
so is it going to be released as cd sigle too? and if yes,does anynone knows the track list? is it another remix too??

Dec 09, 2003???

the release date is wrong.

BTW, when will the WBSS be officially released in the US? from today?

Let the REAL charting begin. I think ythis will chart a lot higher thanTGIM did in uk... a) its better song B) more promotion
C) ITS AKON :punk::punk:

Let the REAL charting begin. I think ythis will chart a lot higher thanTGIM did in uk... a) its better song B) more promotion
C) ITS AKON :punk::punk:

what do u mean than TGIM "did"??
Its only been out a week and there hasnt been a store release yet :lol: and its at #51 on itunes downloads. the charting TGIM is gonna do, hasnt happened yet. Like it was said earlier.. the Visionary singles pretty much ALL entered UK singles charts above 30... there were more expensive and they were nothing people had never heard before.

i give both singles equal chance. they are released with diff features on different markets to different buyers so we shall be able to compare AFTER its happened:)

I gotta agree my money is on WBSS for highest position - however id like to be proved wrong.

^^
TGIM IS NOT for the US market, it will never even enter the POP100 let alone the HOT100
Akon has a great appeal but lately controversy overshadowed him,, "I Still Will" is an example,,

Last edited:
I don't know if I should have started a separate thread or not for this, but WBSS '08 is also on Zune Marketplace for those who have a Zune. I just downloaded it to my Zune. :cool:

Here is the pic of where to find it...(or you can type in Michael's name in the search box and go to his page to find it there)

mjonzune(800x549).jpg

wbss08onzune(800x546).jpg

Last edited:
^^
TGIM IS NOT for the US market, it will never even enter the POP100 let alone the HOT100
Akon has a great appeal but lately controversy overshadowed him,, "I Still Will" is an example,,

Eh i disagree.

Sweet, just bought it. Hope MJ does well in the charts.

will it be a CD single? or just for digital release?

I don't know if I should have started a separate thread or not for this, but WBSS '08 is also on Zune Marketplace for those who have a Zune. I just downloaded it to my Zune. :cool:

Here is the pic of where to find it...(or you can type in Michael's name in the search box and go to his page to find it there)

mjonzune(800x549).jpg

wbss08onzune(800x546).jpg

YEAH!!!
Thank you Diana, I just downloaded it onto my Zune a couple of minutes ago also.
This made my day, lol.

Hollaback.

YEAH!!!
Thank you Diana, I just downloaded it onto my Zune a couple of minutes ago also.
This made my day, lol.

Hollaback.

No problem! :D I was checking every day on Michael's page to see if they had it. It made my day too. :lol:

nice.. does anyone know how well it's doing right now on itunes??

WBSS 2008 is currently at #76 on the "Pop Top Songs" chart on U.S. iTunes... With the original Thriller single at #96. WBSS '08 is featured on the top row of the "New Releases" on the main iTunes store page, which helps.

It basically shows the spins a song is getting from the top 40 radio stations. It also shows how many audience impressions a song has (in millions) -- the more audience impressions it gets the higher it goes on the charts. It shows how many spins it has received this week and last week (and if there's an increase in spins) -- the red triangle next to a song means its spins are increasing.

Just bought it...

I really like the new version. I can understand how some people don't like Akon the person, but I find it hard to dislike the artist. Catchy songs and a good vocalist.

^^

don't rub it in, i just bought it too and I'm just feeling such a dissonance right now :lol:

Why dislike the artist? "Smack that". Enough said.

"Smack that" is a fantastic club song. I think MJ fans need to get over the fact that society has evolved and, in order to be successful, MJ needs to evolve with it. This isn't the 80's, teens and people in their 20s are the main market and they don't have the same tastes as people that age from 25 years ago. I personally don't see why so many people have difficulty appreciating the evolution of music. It seems to be more stubborness than anything, like a "my generation is better than yours" type deal.

Last edited:
^ whoooaa. I've 'gotten over it', I never had anything to 'get over' ...I'm IN that generation. :lol: I was defending Tpain (to an extent) LOL I'm only 20.

And I'm a 20 year old that doesn't like Akon. I like everyone else MJ's working with.

And Smack That is NOT good, it's not a good song, not a good CLUB song, no matter how much i hear it, no matter how u argue it. :lol: (IMO of course lol)

I have no qualms about MJ updating his sound, but he doesn't have to make stupid azz songs like people do now a days. And i faith he won't. cuz he's Michael Jackson. He's a smart guy LOL

Last edited:
I'm not saying you in particular I'm saying in general.

If you want to replace "good" with "marketable" then that's fine. I personally think it was a great song to dance to and I know it was marketable. I know MJ can make great music regardless but, in order to be successful MJ is going to have to adjust. Personally, I'd like to see the man be successful again and end his career on top becuase that's what he deserves. If it means he makes a CD that isn't aimed towards his dedicated fanbase I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact, it's the smart thing to do.

Back