Country Music

MJDisneyDork

Proud Member
just out of curiousity...i want to know how many people here like country music... now understand that when i say country i MEAN COUNTRY!!.....the stuff that's been on the radio the past 10 years isn't COUNTRY it's a bunch of peole that like to sound the same.

now that being said does anybody like country? i LOVE The country music from the 80s and 90s....but even that, to some people, is stilll NOT considered country...is there anyone who likes even OLDER country (i'm not the biggest fan of it but i'm okay with it)

anyway..some of my favorites are George Strait, alan jackson, dwight yoakam, the judds, REBA MCENTIRE (one of my heroes :p) Kenny Chesney (especially back in the day) Clay walker (back in the day) trace adkins, tracy lawrence, ahh there's too many to name!! lol.

I'd be interested to know because most people today only seem to like todays "country" music.

It's my dream to go to nashville and bring back the country that was. (i'm bringin country back!!) lol

Re: country music

Im so glad you made this thread! ^_^
YES! I LOVE Country Music! I think that Country lyrics (beyond any other genre) always speak to the heart of people. I wouldve loved to have lived back when you could only listen to the 'Grand Ole Opry' on the radio. Thats the kind of simplicity i wouldve loved.
My favorites are, obviously, Trace Adkins *check siggy* lol, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Ronnie Milsap and Craig Morgan.
But beyond my favorites how great were legends like Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams Jr., Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, Kenny Rogers, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, and Johnny Cash? :)
I think in many ways theres Country music....then theres everything else. :yes:

Last edited:

Yup! Yup!

You know, i must say that it COMPLETELY threw me off guard when you said you liked trace adkins... i never would have guessed that one :p

But goood. it's nice to know somebody else loves the old stuff (Patsy Cline...ahhh..i bet they play her music in heaven!! lol)

Yup! Yup!

You know, i must say that it COMPLETELY threw me off guard when you said you liked trace adkins... i never would have guessed that one :p

But goood. it's nice to know somebody else loves the old stuff (Patsy Cline...ahhh..i bet they play her music in heaven!! lol)

Hahahaha! Yeah its so shocking that i like him isnt it? I dont make it obvious or anything right? lol
Yeah she was amazing! Love the song "Walkin After Midnight" :cool:

Billy Ray Cyrus, Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain & Billy Gilman are as much as "country" I get. My father loved it, mother loved it.. I just never really got into it much

I love country music, in fact I usually listen to the country radio on my laptop while working etc (when I am not listening to MJ of course!:p). I like the old fashioned country stars like Dolly Parton, Tim, and the new ones Shania, Carrie, Martina (I love her song 'Anyway'! So inspiring).

The thing I love about country music the most is the lyrics! Man....they crack me up! :lmao: I sometimes hear stuff like, 'I slept with his girl, now he hates me!' etc You just can't beat the lyrics! These people are in the closet comedians! But I also love the honesty in most of the songs, that's what make them so good/relateable etc no gimmicks just good'ol fashion honesty.

me only like dolly parton.

pms blues
hard candy christmas
i will always love you -her version sounds sadder

shes awesome, im waiting for her new album to come out!

Last edited:

I love country music. No so much modern country music (like Garth Brooks and Shania Twain) but old country music (like Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton).

My favourite country song ever is definitely Folsom Prison Blues.

I like Dolly Parton & Randy Travis. The Oak Ridge Boys, Kenny Rogers, and Patsy Cline are cool too. Yeah and Ray Stevens songs are funny. I used to watch Hee Haw and Barbara Mandrell and The Mandrell Sisters Show (with the Kroft Puppets, lol.)

I've always liked country music (both new and old). I like the sound of an accoustic guitar. My favorite country singer would definately be Martina McBride (in fact, I would probably label her my second favorite singer next to MJ).

Randy Travis ~ Diggin' Up Bones

Freddy Fender - Wasted Days And Wasted Nights

Lionel Richie feat. Alabama ~ Deep River Woman

Charlie Pride ~ Kiss An Angel Good Morning

i dig Charlie Pride, Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, Charlie Daniels band, vince gill, alan jackson, reba mcentire, barbara mandrill, wyonna judd, the judds, eddie rabbitt,Mac davis, mickey gilley, Hank Williams Sr and JR, Kenny Roger, Dolly Parton, emolou harris, amongest others. great thread

hehe. woow. i haven't been on in sooo long!! there is so much catchin up to do :D. it's nice to see though, that there are some country music fans in here and not only fans of NEW country but of the older stuff too :D!! ... however..there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of talk about the middle era of country..which is my personal favorite lol....

George strait, kenny chesney, alan jackson, dwight yokam, clay walker, tracy lawrence, mark chesnutt, tracy bird..oh my gosh...there are so many i love :D. and while were posting videos lol..this one is soooo hickish...and cheap lol..but i love it!!

Rock My World ~Brooks and Dunn

Links to videos that wouldn't allow embedding due to copywrite:

Watermelon crawl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XEbnmpK3Cg

Lookin for a Party Crowd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boqlncdhvFo

Brother Jukebox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8bCv6tTK4

The Cowboy Rides Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH85YIUToqs&feature=related

well that's enough to keep everyone busy :D hehe

I think i have to be in a certain kind of mood to enjoy that type of country music lol. Seriously though, it depends on the song itself

the Dixie Chicks are the only Country group I really listen to. Now this is just my opinion, and I don’t want to offend any Country fans, but I don't like to hear songs continuously about beer and rednecks. I'm not saying all Country artists sing about those subjects, but it is a majority of it now days. the Dixie Chicks are the only group who stray away from such subjects in their songs. They have one or two drinking songs, that’s about it. I adore Natalie Maines' voice. :)

Although, lately, I’ve been listening on and off to the trio Lady Antebellum. They’re pretty good. I love their song “I Run to You”. I also do not mind some of Loretta Lynn’s music, she has a beautiful voice. Not only that, she’s a sweetheart. Patsy Cline is lovely too.

This thread is good, it's given me some names to check out :) I like the dolly parton, patsy cline and kd lang country. The lyrics are often so hilarious.

the Dixie Chicks are the only Country group I really listen to. Now this is just my opinion, and I don’t want to offend any Country fans, but I don't like to hear songs continuously about beer and rednecks. I'm not saying all Country artists sing about those subjects, but it is a majority of it now days. the Dixie Chicks are the only group who stray away from such subjects in their songs. They have one or two drinking songs, that’s about it. I adore Natalie Maines' voice. :)

Although, lately, I’ve been listening on and off to the trio Lady Antebellum. They’re pretty good. I love their song “I Run to You”. I also do not mind some of Loretta Lynn’s music, she has a beautiful voice. Not only that, she’s a sweetheart. Patsy Cline is lovely too.

I love them too!
I've been listening to them ever since I saw 'An evening with the Dixie Chicks', because my dad bought it a few years ago. And I was sold... I never even liked that kind of music before that time.

Their songs have helped me get through hard times.. It's like their lyrics are like therapy or something. These women, are so good live.

other singers I truly love, are the Eagles. It's more like Rock-Country, right?
I love their music, the sounds of the guitars, the lyrics they have. Just awesome!

There are a bunch of other artists I really love..
but it's more like I know the songs, and not the names of the artist haha.
Stupid, I know.

other singers I truly love, are the Eagles. It's more like Rock-Country, right?
I love their music, the sounds of the guitars, the lyrics they have. Just awesome!
The group never really liked being called "country rock". Many of their songs aren't country based at all, especially the later stuff.

I personally hate country music with a passion. Because it just makes me think back to the early 90s. How I was like forced to learn how to do some country line dances to country music. Thank god I don't remeber how to do them now. Plus all county singers sounds the same to me. Thats another reason why I hate it. But I will admit there are only 2 country songs that I do love. They are:

The Hurt by Johnny Cash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clq01TXQR0s

Seminol Wind by John Anderson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGoBQIhyFFM

I am listening to Seminol Wind now and I just love this song so much.

Back