Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1028

Thread: Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

   
  1. #31
    Points: 18,759, Level: 86
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Roxanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michaeland
    Posts
    4,853
    Points
    18,759
    Level
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    i like some of her music and her style rocks

  2. #32
    Points: 6,767, Level: 54
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,410
    Points
    6,767
    Level
    54
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by Ágnes View Post
    :P

    wow, that's great!!!! :P

  3. #33
    Points: 8,858, Level: 63
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Points
    8,858
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    3,263
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 923 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    is that a new picture of Madonna, rocking that shirt of when she and Mike attended the Oscars in 1991?

  4. #34
    Points: 58,604, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    9,703
    Points
    58,604
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 861 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydom7 View Post
    is that a new picture of Madonna, rocking that shirt of when she and Mike attended the Oscars in 1991?
    Nah this is a photo from one of the singles from her "Music" album. If you look closely thats really the Aerosmith logo, someone edited that pic onto the shirt.

  5. #35
    Points: 10,892, Level: 69
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hungary - EU
    Posts
    2,131
    Points
    10,892
    Level
    69
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 215 Times in 39 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    Nah this is a photo from one of the singles from her "Music" album. If you look closely thats really the Aerosmith logo, someone edited that pic onto the shirt.
    yeah i made it with photofun



  6. #36
    Points: 10,336, Level: 67
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Guatemala
    Posts
    2,824
    Points
    10,336
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Personally I don't really like her, though some of her music is catchy and just plain fun.

    I can appreciate her ability to use the press at her favour insted of against her though...she's smart and I do think she deserves the Queen of Pop title having been around for so long and with such success, but her as a person I just can't stomach.

  7. #37
    Points: 155, Level: 3
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered100 Experience Points
    xX.Joey.Xx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    32
    Points
    155
    Level
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    I like a lot of her songs, but still think shes overrated because none of her songs have really grabbed me. I just think a lot of them are 'good'. And I dislike a lot of her songs especially Erotica

    But she certainly knows how to reinvent herself and shes an inspiration.

    I like Kylie a lot better. :]
    Last edited by xX.Joey.Xx; 27-03-2008 at 03:15 PM.

    xX - True beauty is not in the face, but in the heart. - Xx

  8. #38
    Points: 1,267, Level: 19
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cork City,Ireland
    Posts
    333
    Points
    1,267
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Madonna

    Just bumping this in light of Madonna's new hits album 'Celebration' which I bought a few days ago & have been playing it none stop ever since.36 remastered tracks plus 2 new tracks.They all sound as fresh today as they did 20 years ago.I highly recommend it.

  9. #39
    Points: 17,336, Level: 83
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,775
    Points
    17,336
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Wayyy overrated

    Just buying the album cause of his real voice on other tracks
    Love Invincible era,sadly there's almost no material about this time, Michael's musical genius was getting even more distinctive with time, he was getting more ingenius, wish he was HERE, to show us, how it all should be.
    MICHAEL JACKSON, ALWAYS IN MY HEART.

  10. #40
    Points: 8,326, Level: 61
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,370
    Points
    8,326
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 127 Times in 89 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    I am loving the new collection even though I've heard all these songs a million times. I never get tired of it though. Same with Mike. It's also nice having them remastered and and all in one place, plus getting some new songs. I'm especially feeling "Revolver". This is really a great journey to take as a Madonna fan be it die hard or casual.

  11. #41
    Points: 1,769, Level: 24
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    325
    Points
    1,769
    Level
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Undisupted Queen of pop

  12. #42
    Achievements:
    1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post



    Where Madonna lacks compared to MJ is the quality of her albums. Although she is a lot more prolofic than Michael (in the last 7 years we've had 2 albums and one confirmed for this year) there are only 2 that I can fully play without skipping any tracks. Michael's are more complete.
    This is laughable.
    So: you are saying that the only thing Michael is better than Madonna is in the music quality? Michael is the greatest entertainer ever. Madonna can't sing, dance, write, arrange, compose, produce like Michael. When it comes to talent, Michael had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE talent in his nose than Madonna in her whole body. Michael invented his own style, created a personna, became a cretaive genius, the most awarded and influential artist ever.

    Michael released 24 studio albums (also with the J5) and has hundreds of unreleased songs, so the prolific story does not correspond to the truth. By the time Michael was 20, he had released more albums than Madonna at 50.

    PS= MICHAEL NEVER HAD A RIVALRY WITH MADONNA. Madge is not on his level. Prince has a rivalry with Michael.
    Last edited by Lol007; 30-09-2009 at 12:03 AM.

  13. #43
    Points: 58,604, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    9,703
    Points
    58,604
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 861 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by Lol007 View Post
    Prince has a rivalry with Michael.
    Prince didn't have a rivalry with Mike. The so-called "rivalry" was press created. Prince & Mike hung out with each other occasionally. OK, now back to the original subject of Madonna, lol.

  14. #44
    Points: 8,326, Level: 61
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,370
    Points
    8,326
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 127 Times in 89 Posts

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by Lol007 View Post
    This is laughable.
    So: you are saying that the only thing Michael is better than Madonna is in the music quality? Michael is the greatest entertainer ever. Madonna can't sing, dance, write, arrange, compose, produce like Michael. When it comes to talent, Michael had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE talent in his nose than Madonna in her whole body. Michael invented his own style, created a personna, became a cretaive genius, the most awarded and influential artist ever.

    Michael released 24 studio albums (also with the J5) and has hundreds of unreleased songs, so the prolific story does not correspond to the truth. By the time Michael was 20, he had released more albums than Madonna at 50.

    PS= MICHAEL NEVER HAD A RIVALRY WITH MADONNA. Madge is not on his level. Prince has a rivalry with Michael.
    Why must someone always start this tired act? Ugh. No one else is saying these things. Why bring up something that doesn't exist? YOU are doing this. No one is challenging MJ or his abilities. No one would be silly enough to try and demean Michael Jackson and his legacy. Why be so defensive when it's not needed? Chill out.

    There are fans of other artists at this board who find a particular artist to be great in their own way. There is no need for every single artist to be compared to MJ, approved by MJ or his fans. There is nothing wrong with appreciating other artists and finding something worthwhile or even genius in what they do.

    If you don't like Madonna, that's totally cool. Don't like her. However, do you have to ruin an entire thread for those who do?

    It's weird how a sub-forum that is supposed to be dedicated to other artists outside the Jackson realm starts to implode if one does what the title suggests. Go figure.

  15. #45
    Points: 1,267, Level: 19
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cork City,Ireland
    Posts
    333
    Points
    1,267
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Madonna

    Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    Why must someone always start this tired act? Ugh. No one else is saying these things. Why bring up something that doesn't exist? YOU are doing this. No one is challenging MJ or his abilities. No one would be silly enough to try and demean Michael Jackson and his legacy. Why be so defensive when it's not needed? Chill out.

    There are fans of other artists at this board who find a particular artist to be great in their own way. There is no need for every single artist to be compared to MJ, approved by MJ or his fans. There is nothing wrong with appreciating other artists and finding something worthwhile or even genius in what they do.

    If you don't like Madonna, that's totally cool. Don't like her. However, do you have to ruin an entire thread for those who do?

    It's weird how a sub-forum that is supposed to be dedicated to other artists outside the Jackson realm starts to implode if one does what the title suggests. Go figure.
    Superb post Jona.I 10000000000000000% agree.Nothing wrong with not liking some one but why take something away from them? Judgemental comments are really annoying & especailly coming from an MJ fan.Do we not already have enough to put up with???!!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •