What is MJ Saying in this MTV performance..

I have always thought he says 'End It' or something like that, if that is what you meant :rolleyes:

Awesome performance by the way, I just WISH I could have been there! :punk:

i also only hear somethin like end it but its hard to tell with these kind of videos i have a better quality here i ll try and figure it our lol :lol:

It's from a Janet Jackson song. He says "Edit".

I have the original broadcasted performance (live, as it happened) and the audio is a bit clearer. It's definitely "Edit" - like you know how he mimes "Get the point? good, let's dance" - the "Edit" thing is from a JJ song. :)

Oh, I just remembered I have the audio version too! :lol:

Yeah you can hear Janet saying 'Edit' very clearly :yes:

Thanks Marni!

Last edited:
Yeah its Janet saying 'Edit' from an interlude on her Rythmn Nation 1814 album. During Dangerous during the same performance it has Janet again saying "Get the point? Good. Lets dance!".

ive always thought janets song 'if' would have been an awesome mj track.its an awesome track really great music.

It says "Edit" Cus he's changing up the song... Yes it's from a Janet song

ive always thought janets song 'if' would have been an awesome mj track.its an awesome track really great music.

Janet has been quoted saying that Michael loves the song 'If' and that she knew MJ would like 'Trust A Try' as it has a similar sound to 'If'.

Yes! Outside of some MJ tracks, if is the best song & video ever recorded. Sexy too!

Yes! Outside of some MJ tracks, if is the best song & video ever recorded. Sexy too!

Goes a little bit off topic, but IF is one of my favorite Janet songs! And video is awesome, just beautiful to watch!

Right, I'm starting an if appreciation thread on the Jackson Forum!

Right, I'm starting an if appreciation thread on the Jackson Forum!

Don't you think it would be better to be Janet appreciation thread (if there isn't one already) as it gives more to talk about ;)

Back