What's your Favorite New Remix/Remake?

WHES

Proud Member
I'm having a difficult time deciding myself. For me, Beat it and Billie Jean are clearly behind the other three, but the other three I have a hard time choosing betwee.

TGIM is a terrific remake that gives the song a more contemporary edge and makes it danceable. I also think Will.I.Am does a great job on vocals. Very very solid producing here.

WBSS is almost a complete remake, but it's really a fantastic one. Whether or not you like Akon, I find his vocals to be smooth and proper to the new beats and melodies. MJ's new verse is killer as well. He also appears in the background throughout the song, including a few harmonizing verses with Akon. A song you can rock to in the car or the club. Great work from Akon, MJ, and Will here.

PYT makes me want to get up and dance more than any other remake. The opening electronic riff is simple, yet powerful. The song itself is refreshing and something that most of the general population has never heard before. It certainly has its similarities to the original PYT, but it also has its clear differences. I can't tell whether or not that's Will.I.Am rapping but, whoever it is, nails it. I also really like the "na na na na na na" parts with Will and the ladies. The percussion and beat to this entire tune is funktastic and, I think, appeals to all generations by keeping some of the natural horns and mixing it in with new-age technology. I think this is his best work on the album and, honestly, one of the best remakes I've ever heard.

My verdict:

1. PYT
2. WBSS
3. TGIM

1. PYT
2. For all time
3. TGIM
4. Wbss
5. Beat it
6. Billie Jean

My list would be 1. For All Time 2. Beat It 3. The Girl Is Mine 4. P.Y.T
Billie Jean and WBSS are good, I think.. but they just aren't my 'cup of tea'.

1. For all time - simply one word: beautiful :wub: That's our Michael :wub:
2. P. Y. T. - amazing, I'm obsessed with song
3. Beat it - cool fake duet with Fergie
4. The girl is mine - great with Will.I.Am's raps
5. Wanna be startin' somethin' - the piano solo in the beginning is not bad, but I don't like Akon's voice
6. Billie Jean - this is the biggest dissapointment for me. That slow beat absolutely ruined one of the best songs in music history IMO.

Mine would be

1. WBSS
2. TGIM
3. For all time
4. P.Y.T.
5. Billie Jean
6. Beat It

altough i havent really listened 2 them often, i''l wait till i have the cd :)

Since i couldn't get TGIM...I'm feeling WBSS at the moment. (gaaah lol)

1. WBSS
2. TGIM
3. Billie Jean
4. Beat it
5 P.Y.T - I really don't like it. I see most people do, so I'll go listen to it some more times. But I've heard it lots of times already, and it's just not me. - so far.

right now...tgim is the best. i haven't heard the rest..i like wbss...i know how mj grows on me, so i know better than to make a snap judgement

For all time
Billie Jean 2008
The girl is mine 2008
WBSS 2008
PYT 2008
Beat it 2008

For All Time, most definitely. Although I also really like the new version of Wanna Be Starting Something.

1. For All Time

and then way way way WAY below that...

2. Billie Jean '08
3. The Girl is Mine '08
4. P.Y.T. '08
5. Wanna Be Startin Something '08
6. Beat It '08

Last edited:
1. For All Time
2. The Girl is Mine '08
3. Billie Jean '08
4. P.Y.T. '08
5. Wanna Be Startin Something '08
6. Beat It '08

only 1 for me :yes: :yes: and that is WBSS :yes: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

1. For All Time
2. The Girl Is Mine
3. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin
4. Billie Jean
5. P.Y.T
6. Beat It

The first three are actually good, the remaining 3 on the lower half is absolutely crap :(

For all time It's beeeeeeeeautiful!:wub::clap:
The Girl is mine good!:rolleyes:
others not bad:cool: I don't pretty much like remix:blush:

Mine in order!

1. FOR ALL TIME!!!! (Absolutely fantastic!)
2. Billie Jean
3. The Girl is Mine
4. Beat It
5. PYT
6. WBSS (LOVE MJ's Vocals, but I hate the fact that Akon dominates the song!)

"the girl is mine 2008" and "for all time" is the reason i am getting Thriller 25...

and those two along ,ake it worth it! i love them. and of course i'm going to be playing some of the others... but there is something about tgim...

i never was crazy one bit about the original tgim... but i LOVE the new version.

Back