Artists/Celebs/People positive comments on MJ

mjscarousal

Proud Member
LOL I was waiting to see when this topic was going to come back up. I notice when it does people post the same ol comments artists or others have said about MJ. I have found a rack of new ones lol so peoples just post some positive things people have said about our man. They don't have to be celebs.

Trina (female rapper)

LAUNCH:
The first single is "Da Baddest *****." I like how you used Michael Jackson's "who's bad?" line from the song "Bad."

TRINA:
I really love Michael Jackson. Everything he's ever done, I was really like all over. So I'm like, one of his biggest fans anyway, so you know, I just kept it in that direction. And when we came up with the track, and heard the "who's bad?"--the whole thing just really put me in the mind of him when I did it.

Bone Crusher(rapper)

I don't understand the logic of that, that makes no sense, but they want to follow some other cat that ain't selling no records. You know what it is, it's because they can't do the Michael Jackson type of music. They can't do the Gnarls Barkley kind of music and they really shouldn't be doing it.

I still remember Anita Baker. I still remember Michael Jackson. I still remember Patti LaBelle. I still remember Duran Duran. I still remember The Police. I don't remember the guy that came out four weeks ago. That's real bad.

Cherish (female r&b group)

Musically, who are your inspirations?
Cherish: I would have to say Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Earth Wind and Fire, a lot of old school cause that?s what we grew up listening to.

ALYSON HANNIGAN from "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"(actress)

Q:
Growing up in Atlanta, who did you admire as a role model?

HANNIGAN:
I had people that on my walls and stuff, but they weren’t exactly—I had a crush on Ricky Schroder, and Michael Jackson, I think. As far as a role model, I don’t know. I don’t really remember like—I liked John Lennon and stuff like that. But as far as a role model, I can’t really.

Cassidy (rapper)

On music he grew up listnening to:

"I grew up listening to all types of music. I was a big Motown fan, loved The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, Jackson 5, Michael Jackson".

Solomon Burke (R&B singer)

Q - How about Michael Jackson?

A - The great thing about Michael Jackson is, he's Michael Jackson. He doesn't imitate anybody. He is a great credit to our race. I love this man for what he's done and what he has become in the years it has taken him to do it. He's still a young man. He's the highest paid entertainer in the world. He has bought publishing companies. His life is secure. I can't see Michael being bankrupt twenty-five years from now. Michael Jackson is not gonna go out and buy two big hotels in Atlantic City and call it Jackson Resorts. He's not gonna do that. He might invest in a hotel that's doing something, but he's going to invest in something that involves people. He understands the secret of longevity is the little person. So, he's trying to keep that image of being young, which eventually I think he'll come out of and realize he just has to be Michael Jackson. He can just sing Michael Jackson now. We love him. We accept him. He's there. He's real. We need him to stay real. We don't need him to zip up his fly or fall down and cry. Just be Michael Jackson. I think he's tryin' so hard to be real and please everybody. He's still the number one hero image when you get down to basics.

A talk with the first family of Reggae Music
Interview with Morgan Heritage & LMS by Norman Darwen at Band on the Wall,Manchester, England

ND: So who would you say your early influences are?

Laza: Yeah, Rakim. Mariam run from Whitney Houston to Lauryn Hill, to Mary J. Blige. Michael Jackson, because Shy-poo, he love Michael Jackson, and then you have Sizzla, Capleton, Supercat too, y' know.

Pop duo "Nemesis"

You're ambitious. I will give you that. And finally, who would you like to meet? If I could bring someone in here, who would it be?

Jacob: Michael Jackson. I love him, I think he's amazing, I mean clearly he's weird and eccentric but I don't mind eccentric people.

I enjoy them. He's an amazing talent, I just like him. I have already met Stevie Wonder and Whitney Houston so I can cross them off the list. I'd like to meet Bill Clinton

M.C. Lyte (female rapper) (1999)

voidsong: What is your favorite song?

MC_Lyte: My favorite song...in general? In life? Anything by Stevie Wonder. Anything by Michael Jackson. I'm a fan of music and there's no way possible I could answer that with one title.

Pink (singer) (2000)

boojie777: If you could open for anyone, who would it be?

launch_pink: Michael Jackson.

Interview with Razorlight (musicians)

Rare FM: Who were your inspirations when you were growing up and was there any one you particularly wanted to be like?

Andy: Michael Jackson, I really liked his music so much so my mum made me a Michael
Jackson glove with sparkly bits I was also really into Elton John - he's a great song writer.

Karl: I'm not particularly a fan of Michael Jackson, but of course as an artist he's phenomenal. I liked Guns and roses, the Police, that sort of thing

Toni Braxton (singer) (1994)
That was the road taken by Ms. Braxton's favorite female performer Whitney Houston who starred in last year's hit, The Body-guard. Her favorite male artist is Michael Jackson.

Geri Halliwell aka "Ginger Spice" (2007) Do the new songs incorporate any new musical influences or changes in direction?
With the ballad, Headlines, that was about the lyrics and the sentiment of it first and foremost. We were trying to make a really classic song that stands alone – a classic Spice Girls song stands alone no matter what timeframe you put it in – and then we put a slightly harder kind of beat on it to bring the song into this millennium, so to speak. The other song, Voodoo, is a tip to the past. I was listening to a lot of old school Michael Jackson, and it was Thriller that inspired Voodoo. Thriller and his Off The Wall album.

a little off topic maybe??lol but, anyway, Wentworth miller, the guy of prison break, loves MJ and his ipod is filled with songs of mj from the 80s. ^_^

A - The great thing about Michael Jackson is, he's Michael Jackson. He doesn't imitate anybody. He is a great credit to our race. I love this man for what he's done and what he has become in the years it has taken him to do it. He's still a young man. He's the highest paid entertainer in the world. He has bought publishing companies. His life is secure. I can't see Michael being bankrupt twenty-five years from now. Michael Jackson is not gonna go out and buy two big hotels in Atlantic City and call it Jackson Resorts. He's not gonna do that. He might invest in a hotel that's doing something, but he's going to invest in something that involves people. He understands the secret of longevity is the little person. So, he's trying to keep that image of being young, which eventually I think he'll come out of and realize he just has to be Michael Jackson. He can just sing Michael Jackson now. We love him. We accept him. He's there. He's real. We need him to stay real. We don't need him to zip up his fly or fall down and cry. Just be Michael Jackson. I think he's tryin' so hard to be real and please everybody. He's still the number one hero image when you get down to basics.

^^this is my favorite comment. :)

^ he is isnt he:woohoo:lol.
i read it from a website somwhere...wait..here>

Wentworth...........
li.gif
Listen to classic music, mostly Tchaikovsky, and any music from the 80's;
li.gif
Get an Ipod and fill it with Ella Fitzgerald, Simon and Garfunkel, '80s-era Michael Jackson, Radiohead, Angie Stone, Eminem, Grunge, etc...

a little off topic maybe??lol but, anyway, Wentworth miller, the guy of prison break, loves MJ and his ipod is filled with songs of mj from the 80s. ^_^
Really? Cool coz I love him!:wub:

^^this is my favorite comment. :)

This is really great quote. When was this said (what year). Ty

Amy Winehouse (2004) -​
"You know how you either grow up in a Michael Jackson house or a Prince house?" says Winehouse, whose accent reveals her north London roots. "For me it was Michael Jackson. I could never decide whether I wanted to be Michael Jackson or marry him. I don't care what people say about him now because he's a f****** genius. That's it - the end! He was robbed of his childhood, which is why he surrounds himself with children. When you're around kids you can be a little kid yourself and pretend that life is magic and you don't have to be one of those sweaty people going to work every day. I completely see what he's doing."

I know this isn't about MJ but I thought this was funny and just had to share,

They were asking Former Academy Award winners what it's like when you get your named called as the winner and this is what Jeremy Irons said:

"I remember kissing Madonna, who was in front of me with Michael Jackson. I very nearly kissed Michael Jackson. I would have kissed anybody really, at that point." :lol:

poor guy was that excited he was just gonna start kissing all the folks around him :rofl: can you imagine Michael's face :rofl:

Kanye West (2007)​
You were only seven when Thriller peaked. Was Michael Jackson on your radar when -- [Stares incredulously] Was Michael Jackson on my radar?! I'm black. Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, and Mike Tyson. Michael Jackson is my favorite artist of all time. Every time I hit the stage, every time I write a song, every time I write a rap, every performance I do, every time I pick out an outfit, I think about Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is synonymous with the greatest that you could possibly do in music.

^^ wow thanks for posting the Kanye quote, I always knew he liked Michael but I never knew how much.

a little off topic maybe??lol but, anyway, Wentworth miller, the guy of prison break, loves MJ and his ipod is filled with songs of mj from the 80s

Ooooo I love that man.

Last edited:
  • Found another quote from Amy Winehouse also from 2004​
CF: Was it in the home, were your family into it?
AW: Not at all no. The one instance I remember of my family going to see a show was when my Aunty Mel and my Aunty Val were going to see Michael Jackson do the Bad tour and I cried and cried, I was like, 'PLEASE can I come, Please!' And I had to be sent to bed because I just cried and cried. I loved Michael Jackson, I wanted to marry him and be him and for six Christmases I wanted that black Bad suit, I wanted it every year for years. I loved Michael Jackson. But no my family weren't particularly musical. My dad would have music on in the car and was always singing. The first memory I have of me singing is my dad sitting in the bath and I'd sit in the bath with him and he'd sing a line of a Beatles song and I'd sing the next line. I must have been about three or four.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/music/2004/04/a...house_int.shtml

I'm glad these stars aren't afraid to say how much they love him and even defend him during difficult times in his life. :)

she is such a beautiful woman in that siggy pic of yours...and she is so sincere. again..the syndrome attacks..

if u shamelessly say you love MJ...you are not the press' fav subject.

i notice how sports announcers are saying she can't handle her fame and such...

anyway...

those are sweet comments she made

and i do notice that these celebrity women who shamelessly profess their love for MJ are among the most beautiful women in the world...Paris..Britney...Amy..Lindsay....

no wonder the press has such a **** up their...well..lol:D

Last edited:
and i do notice that these celebrity women who shamelessly profess their love for MJ are among the most beautiful women in the world...Paris..Britney...Amy..Lindsay....

no wonder the press has such a **** up their...well..lol:D

if your talking beautiful, i mean really beautiful, lol.

didn't emma watson wear an MJ style jacket or something once :wub:

Here's some most probably haven't read or haven't seen in a long time.

Audiences have been impressed with Michael’s dancing ability since he was just five years old, and his skills have matured greatly in the past twenty years, as he has become more and more original. Technically, he is amazing, especially in his ability to pull off fast moves and still make them crystal clear. Sometimes it seems that he is doing things impossible for the human body to accomplish: try, for example, whipping your hand back and forth about half the speed Michael has on “Beat It” and you’ll feel like you are in the imminent danger of fracturing your wrist. And sometimes his legs scissor the air so quickly that it seems they must snap. Speed is not his only virtue as a dancer. He also has what professional dancers call “line”, which, roughly translated into words, means the ability to extend the body into some graceful position and hold it there, stretched out, long enough for the silhouette to be seen against the backdrop of space. You can see that line in the still photos that have been released from all three of the videos (“Billie Jean”, “Beat It”, and “Thriller”). Each pose is a graceful composition, as fully thought out as an artists painting: the angle of the arms and legs, the thrust of the head, the diagonal of the torso, the set of the hips. Each of these photographs would make a striking outline, creating a pattern of dark shapes against the light and space of the background. And, like a good ballet dancer, Michael keeps his line flowing. As he moves from one position to the next he is conscious of the little interim steps, and he makes each of those as graceful as the final pose. Many dancers (you can see this happen if you watch some of them in the “Beat it” video) are capable of achieving and holding some fabulous pose, but in between these highlights of their performance, they seem to be scurrying around, churning and thrashing as they get themselves ready for the launch into the next striking attitude. Only a great dancer can make that line flow from one pose to the next-and Michael Jackson is one of those greats. Choreographer Michael Peters, who worked on two of the videos, says that Michael spent a great deal of time studying Fred Astaire’s performances in his old movies. Although Michael’s dance steps are quite different from Fred Astaire’s, the similarity of the style is unmistakable. Both men have the same sling elongated figure, the easy grace, the sense of movement that comes from high up, in the torso, rather then down at the knees and ankles. Perhaps their greatest similarity lies in their identical sense of effortlessness. It is impossible ever to imagine Fred Astaire getting all hot and bothered from the exertion of dancing-even though we know that in reality most of his routines call for hours of incredibly hard work to capture on film. His genius was to make it all look easy. You don’t see his muscles knot up, or the sweat fall off his body; instead, he gently floats across the screen with what appears to be a minimum of effort. Even when he picks Ginger up bodily, or dashes full tilt to the top of the stairs, he makes it look physically easy. Michael Jackson has exactly the same uncanny ability. His hair may look a little bit more disheveled then Fred’s-but then it always does, even when he isn’t dancing. On his feet, he looks just as effortless. His arms and legs seem to move on some unusual principle… one that doesn’t require muscle power and a high expenditure of energy. When he spins, it looks like he is energized by a concealed electric motor. Occasionally, Michael dances with his eyes closed, but you know it’s not because he has to concentrate on the effort he’s making but because he has been transported to some other place of existence.

- Caroline Latham (author) on Michael Jackson, 1984

“He’s very precise; he’s obviously very quick.” Tharp also detected a great deal of mime in Michael’s style. “That’s been in black dancing for a long time- with the early tap dancers and the street dancers. Its part of a tradition that Michael Jackson clearly had access to. There’s probably no one so accurate and just basically sexy.”

- Twyla Tharp, noted choreographer, on Michael Jackson

I think he’s got the gift. You either have it or you don’t. He’s always had it. I think like anything or anybody, the more exposure he has to different elements of that arena, he will grow. If he should so desire to do a Fred Astaire type of number and study that form of movement, that will just add to what he does, because he has the wonderful ability to imitate what he sees. He’s a chameleon of sorts, and that’s one of his powers that, although he has no technical knowledge of what it takes to do, plus the soul, he can imitate-whether that’s by rhythm or in the mirror, emulating style, or the line of the movement. So, I think he’s the type of person that whatever he chose to do, he would go ahead and do that.”

“Yes, also the stuff he did when he was little. That audition tape that they show of him in the basement was all the stuff James Brown used to do. I think that its like any of the people that I’ve worked with. If you challenge them to grow, they’ll do it. And it’s the same with Michael Jackson. He could have been left to do what he does and been very successful and always been acknowledged for that, but I think the fact that he took the chance to try something a little bit different, a little bit new, and grow and expand, has taken him to another level. He’s an innovator. If he chose to do ballet, he could do it-I really believe it!”

- Michael Peters on Michael Jackson

Johnathan Ross asked Craig David who he thinks the greatest vocalist of all time is, and Craig David said Michael Jackson is the greatest vocalist of all time. He's said none one has the tone etc of Michael's voice and that people try to copy him but they never sound like him.

Debbie Allen was on TvOne today promoting her new Fantasia movie for Lifetime, and MJ came up in a discussion about dance:

Said MJ is "precious to [her]."

-Says that Michael, as good as he is, is constantly studying and practicing.

-He'll ask her "how do you spin like that?" and she'll say "you already know how to spin!" and he'll reply "but I want to spin like that."

-Said he's one of the few dancers who has really, truly defined the past 30 years or so along with Gregory Hines and Baryshnikov.

-Cathy Hughes said that when MJ and Debbie danced together at a Black Caucus event, everybody forget all about the Black Caucus.

Diana Ross was a quest on the Studio Actors Guild the other night. She was there with all of her children and the father of some of her children. Of course, the host asked her about Michael. He tried to be negative but Diana was not having it. He asked her about Michael trying to look like her. Diana said, "people say that but I don't think that it is true". Then he asked her what she thought of him now. She got all excited and said that she hadn't spoken to him in a couple of years, but that he was an amazing entertainer and a wonderful person. Then she stretched both of her arms out and threw her head back in Diana-like fashion and said, "Michael is the greatest ever".

Testimony From Evvy Tavasci, she says some really interesting things about Michael"

Part Two:

Tavasci was asked how was MJ’s memory on things. Was objected to, but overruled. She said that he was very creative, but isn’t day to day. He doesn’t have a good memory for recalling day to day matters and has to be reminded a lot. But that his memory for music is excellent.

She gave examples, such as his memory for the business side of music not being very good as him not remembering where he needed to go to sign papers for his short films.

She says that he would forget the day or time.

She says that he would have to be awaken in order to go to a court proceeding.

She said that MJ relied heavily on advisors in consultation, but she could say whether these advisors made decisions for him.

Part 3
She did say that MJ would defer to his advisors, especially in a creative mode.

She also stated that MJ would put his trust in people – immediately and perhaps too soon.

She stated that while she has never sat in on a business deal with him or for him, she knows him to be a very generous person.

She confirmed that she knows Marc Schaffel, recognized him in the courtroom and she has met on occasion, not many times.

Last edited:
Michael is one of the nicest people I know. He only looks for the good in people. He is very charming, and has a wonderful sense of humor. He is a very kind and gentle man. He is a sponge for knowledge. Michael is a perfectionist and will not quit until its right in his eyes. He can also be tough, but he is always fair in my opinion.

- Frank Dileo on Michael Jackson

Katherine Hepburn:

"Allow to one old lady to be surprised that a person like Michael Jackson has been born. The 60's was Beatles' years, 70's was Stevie Wonder's, Diana Ross and Simon & Garfunkel. That is a change deserving respect. I think that boy is in our hearts already. He sticks to our memories as the best artist of the decade"

Michael takes place as a guest singer in Eddie Murphy's album "Love is alright". Eddie talks about what he felt when heard Michael during the recordings of "Whatz up with you". "No kidding, that was almost a religious experience. When Michael sings you can feel the God's mercy flowing upon him".

Pia Zadora ( she sings in ”When the rain begins to fall” with Jermain Jackson):

"When I saw Michael Jackson at Madison Square Garden in New York I was pregnant. That was the first time I felt the baby moved. When it heard his music it started moving! What a sensation!"

Johnny Black – journalist:

”The idea that Michael Jackson has more than 1 personality seems to me closer to the truth than the thought that he is just crazy. He's got 3 personalities –

-First one - Michael Jackson during work and on stage - confident and determent.
-The second one - Michael Jackson among people - shy and ethical, and
-Third one - in his personal life - friendly, good-natured and generous.

But the key to the truth might be hidden in his love for the children. His early career and lack of games in his child years make him hangs out and spends hours and hours with Macaulay Culkin and other kids these days, it is kind of catching up and making up for the missed childhood. As long as the business is concerned he manages to deal with his life, catching up deadlines, reaching goals and all that good stuff, and I would not think a person like that could be"*****".

Frank Sinatra:

"The only male singer who I’ve seen besides myself and who's better than me - that is Michael Jackson.”

Liza Minnelli:

"I can discuss anything with him - politics, philosophy, racism, wars, theater. Talking to Michael is like magic."

"Sometimes even I can’t believe that there could be a person who can be so shy. He hides, talks quietly almost whispers. Everything changes when he gets on the stage, then he turns into a sexy “monster".

Fred Astaire:

"Oh, God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That's the greatest dancer of the century".

Fred Astaire (shortly before his death):

"I didn't want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael!"

Jackie Jackson (Michael’s brother):

"At the age of 5 he had so much energy and he was so charming, it was understandable to become a major person in the band. At 7 he was an excellent dancer and was teaching us all how to perform.
He was accepted by the audience. The important thing was the speed. He would usually see someone do something and repeat it right away. I was scared a little bit, he was so young! I didn’t know where he got the talent from, but I guess he just had it.”

"Sometimes even I can’t believe that there could be a person who can be so shy. He hides, talks quietly almost whispers. Everything changes when he gets on the stage, then he turns into a sexy “monster".

- Diana Ross on Michael Jackson

“When Michael and I sat down to talk, there was no mistaking the strain. Sometimes, he shook with the effort. It was no act; the Boogie Monster was Bambi outside the klieg lights. He said he could explain the fear- he just couldn’t get past it. He was afraid of saying too much, didn’t know how to protect himself. Whenever he spoke his mind, people said he was, well, strange.

Ten minutes into it, I could see his point. As he explained the tea party of garden statuary around his coffee table- including a Narcissus figure named Michael- I could hear how it would read. It nearly made me bawl. He was trying so damned hard.”

- Gerri Hershey on Michael Jackson

Last edited:
The Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire quotes are wonderful. It's beautiful to see incredibly talented people praising him.

Here's more.

super model 'Giesel bundchen' said MJ is her day of palm tree

Brazil base super model Giesel Bundchen mentioned about Michael Jackson during the interview with Fashion Channel NY for 2008 Ford Fashion Week NY

Giesel : What am I do spent time on my break day? usually I listen to Michael Jackson's Music like 'In the Closet' or 'Give into me' or 'butterflies' or... oh goshhhhhh i can't pick just some... i love all of his music . He is one of the most natural born talented artist I've ever seen. Michael has revolutioned moves, fashion and images of pop culture, usherd music video ages and many more oh yes he is just like my day of palm tree"

“The thing that was most impressive to me about him is that he is so loving and generous to everyone,” she told Vieira. “We photographed in the Brooklyn Museum. It was the guard he made sure he spoke to, the elevator operator Everybody who was there was someone he wanted to treat with kindness.”

- Harriette Cole

In some ways, Michael reminds me of the walking wounded. He's an extremely fragile person. I think that just getting on with life, making contact with people, is hard enough, much less to be worried about wither goest the world.

Michael's like a harp string. He is so sensitive and vulnerable... every breath of wind that hits him reverberates in sensitivity."

- Jane Fonda on Michael Jackson 2003

The late conductor and composer, Leonard Bernstein said that Michael could do more with a few notes than Prince could do with a whole composition. This is not an exact quote but in essense is what he said. This statement was quoted in the USA TODAY. I have the quote somewhere, but it is not readily available to me at the moment.

Macy Gray when asked about Michael Jackson trial

Knowing how ruthless people can be when someone exhibits characteristics that are not in tune with the societal norm, what are her thoughts when she sees Michael Jackson, an obviously strange individual, being branded a pedophile by the media without even being convicted?

Gray: "Michael's just an interesting man. He's the most interesting man I've ever seen," she said. "I think the media wants to make him out to be more of a freak than anything else. They jump to conclusions before they even know anything. Their basis is in things he has done and said, but they don't know if he has committed those crimes. I think that certain people want to believe that he did it. He is a victim and it's a shame. Like I said, he's a very interesting man which can be either a blessing or a curse."

Gospel artist and record executive Kurt Carr released a statement expressing his beliefs that "God blocked" the conviction and sentencing of pop-star Michael Jackson.

"When Michael was acquitted on all accounts, immediately my song, 'God Blocked It' came to mind," said Carr. "God truly blocked the 20 years of prison that Michael faced and the mercy of God was on his side. Even if 'we' thought he deserved it, clearly God intervened and blocked Michael Jackson's demise!"

In regards to Jackson's career as a musician, which has been described as "uncertain" at best, Carr had the following thoughts:

"I actually feel that God obviously has a work for Michael Jackson to do. Michael Jackson's music brings peace and hope to the world unlike any other artist of our time and I believe God sustained and protected Michael because he has work to do and I pray that he finds his way to the kingdom."

Latina Rapper, Havana Mena (She's gorgeous by the way)
Who were the artists you looked up to when you were coming up in music?

A little bit of everybody, not necessarily just rappers.
Michael Jackson is the ultimate, talent wise, I think he's a really good writer.

okay here it is. Martin Short was the guest host.

Kelley: i remember reading something about Michael Jackson that every time he performed he lost 15 pounds. and i thought 15 pounds, oh my gosh - can you imagine? that's like - that's a significant amount of weight for someone who is like - Michael Jackson's size - very ...........

Martin Short: well he performs very intensely and ultimately he breaks water (laughter)
because he's an intense performer and - you've seen Michael live haven't you?

Kelley: no never seen him live.

Martin Short: you haven't?

Kelley: no

Martin Short: he's actually pretty amazing

Kelley: you've seen him live.......

Martin Short: he "IS" amazing. (he said "IS AMAZING" really intense)

Kelly: what happens?

Martin: it's like he's one of the great -- you know beyond all of the bizarreness of his life - he's one of the great genius performers of all time. i mean i think whether you're a fan of someone or not, if you can see kind of a legendary performer you should take that opportunity to see him

Kelly: yeah, next time.

Q: In the intro for your Director's Label DVD, you say that you've worked with all of your favorite musicians except Michael Jackson. If he ever got around to making his next
career comeback, would you want to direct a video?

Gondry: Despite all that's happened--which I think is a reflection of American society and exaggeration and caricature--I think he's still the strongest musician of the end of the 20th Century. The basslines and the rhythms he used are still way more modern than anyone else around. So yeah, I would do a video for him.

Any soul song that popped on the radio had him jumping. He loved everything; he could imitate anything; he knew everyone's licks. Man, it didn't take an Einstein to see this boy was a sure-enough genius."

Bobby Taylor about the 9 (!) year old Michael

Smokey Robinson was interviewed in a recent "Sister-to-Sister" magazine and this is what he said about Michael:

"The most talented overall performer I've ever seen...As far as talent goes,overall he's the most talented man I've ever seen.

George Clinton, Parliment Funkadelic frontman, said basically the same thing when asked about Michael.

I posted these comments to show what other MUSICIANS say about Michael. Others as Stevie Wonder, Wynton and Bradford Marsalis have said the same thing.

One other snippet: Actor Lou Ferrigno (The Hulk series) was in a Dutch show Friday. He said Michael Jackson is one of his clients in his gym facility. He said he has a specific program for Michael, aimed at dancing. And that it's a big gym and has room enough to let Michael train by himself, more privately, because that's what he prefers. Maybe it's mentioned already, but I thought it was interesting.

KEVIN FEDERLINE MENTIONS MIKE IN GQ MAGAZINE.

September 06 pg 315

About the time his then girlfriend, Shar Jackson, got pregnant with their first child, Federline booked a gig dancing in Michael Jackson's video "You Rock My World" video. He leans in as he describes how one day, after rehearsal, they got a call saying Michael Jackson was on his way.

"You felt him coming into the room before he even opened the door, " he says. "everybody got quiet. I remember sitting there listening to the buzzing of the lights in the studio. He sits down, crosses his legs, looks at everybody, and is like, 'I want to see it.' He can hear if you're off by your steps. HE'S THE MASTER OF THAT ****."

He named his and Shar's second baby KALEB MICHAEL JACKSON FEDERLINE.

MICHAEL JACKSON inspired Australian pop star DARREN HAYES to come out as gay. The former Savage Garden star claims Jackson made him realise how important it was to be honest to himself. Hayes says, "I connected with that gorgeous, wounded creature that he was." The Insatiable singer revealed his sexuality last year (06) when he announced he had 'wed' British boyfriend Richard Cullen in a same-sex civil ceremony in the U.K.

"Michael is what I consider 'a dancer in his soul. He has never studied; he's not a professionally-trained dancer. He never took dance classes and you wouldn't hire him to be part of the core of a dance company. But he has the sensibilities of a dancer. He just dances! You know? I can put him in the middle of 30 trained dancers-who make their living at that and have studied for 20 years-and he can do it. Of course, you have to adapt the piece to what he can do."

"The morning after the Motown telecast, Fred Astaire called up Michael and told him how much he enjoyed his performance, Michael called that his 'greatest compliment'. Fred Astaire told him he was wonderful. Michael doesn't tap, that I know of, but he could really do a Fred Astaire-type film right now in his career, as far as that style goes. Michael adapts incredibly well to style. If he were to do a movie like that, he'd have to take tap classes."

-Michael Peters on Michael Jackson

"Michael is quite amazing to me because, he's working with these people that have made a living of this, I mean have studied this for a greater portion of their lives and, he'll walk into a studio and, it's purely on rhythm, I mean I purely give him a rhythm of a step, and he does it, you know, and it really just, it's fascinating, because here are these people, you know, who've spent X amount of thousands of dollars training, studying to be dancers for all their lives and this kid walks into a room and you say 'this is the beat, ba, dada, dada, dada.' and he does it. It's really wonderful to watch because it's an innate gift that he has. He’s a dancer in his soul."

- Michael Peters on Michael Jackson

Michael was SO sweet to us at the show! He is truly the nicest man I've ever met ~ And Perez should be ashamed bc they lightened his skin for the pics, He's light but not THAT white. Perez is BS. Mike, I'll never forget your hug, you MADE MY NIGHT!!!

He don't need u assholes bc he's got MILLLIONS of fans who know how beautiful his heart is...and I've just become one because of the other night. God Bless Michael Jackson.

Tonya from High School Musical

"He is the best man I ever met. He is always warm, soft, open-hearted and worries about everyone as good as you can be. And that 24 hours a day! You wouldn’t believe that this is possible.
I am not a fan of him. I don’t even have one of his CDs at home. I do this job for 20 years now, but never in my life I met someone like him… I love him. I would do everything for him. To me he's a saint."

~Michael`s personal bodyguard, 2000

"Michael's a truth machine. He's got the balance between the wisdom of a sixty-year-old and the enthusiasm of a child."

- Quincy Jones on Michael Jackson

Years ago, Donnie Simpson from BET's "Video Soul" did an interview with Quincy Jones. They discussed all of the GREATS that Quincy had worked with and when they got to Michael, Quincy stated much the same as Smokey has said. Quincy said that Michael was the most talented person that he had ever worked with. That is saying a lot because he worked with some of the greatest musicians ever. He said that Michael was a musical genius.

"When you are close to Michael Jackson he will do anything for you," Mundell said. "He is amazingly trusting."- (I think this is a lawyer or something. I can't remember, someone else here will probably know.)

“He’s not afraid to look into the worst suffering and find the smallest part that’s positive and beautiful.”

-Frank Dileo on Michael Jackson

“He’s fun. And a lot of love. So much love. The maximum amount of love a person can have. That’s him.”

- T.J. Jackson on Michael Jackson

Last edited:
“Every night the kids would come in on stretchers, so sick they could barely hold their heads up. Michael would kneel down at the stretchers and put his face right down beside theirs so that he could have his picture taken with them, and than give them a copy to remember the moment. I’m a sixty-year-old man, and I couldn’t take it. I’d be in the bathroom crying. But Michael could take it, and right before going on stage no less. The kids would perk right up in his presence. If it gave them a couple days’ more energy, to Michael that was worth it. As far as I’m concerned, he’s a prince of the world.”

- Seth Riggs on Michael Jackson

“Michael is a human being. He’s a person. If you said ‘Shut up’, around him, he’d probably break into tears. They think he’s shy and he’s evasive and all this. No. He’s just fucking scared and tired of people bugging him. He’s a little sweetheart, and people would eat him up if he let them.”

- David Williams on Michael Jackson

“This is a person who has seen a lot of hurt and a lot of pain suffered by- and caused by- people he loved dearly and deeply. And he’s the most popular entertainer in the world to boot. How can he ever be a truly joyful person? His hurt is too overwhelming, too consuming. He’s built a wall around himself to protect himself from more hurt.”

- Joyce McCrea on Michael Jackson

Ways to deal with the pain caused by the media. But he has spent a lot of time just hurting. You build a wall around yourself and try to do things to make yourself immune to pain without losing your humanness. That’s the hard part, staying human.”

- Joyce McCrea on Michael Jackson

“He has one of the sharpest wits, he is intelligent and he is cunning- that is a strange word to use about him, because it implies deviousness and he is one of the least devious people I have ever met in my life. He is honesty personified- painfully honest- and vulnerable to the point of pain. He is so giving of himself that, at times, he leaves very little to protect that beautiful inner core that is the essence of him.”

- Elizabeth Taylor on Michael Jackson

“He’s giving the world a gift, his talent and, in return, the world tries to crucify him.”

- Enid Jackson on Michael Jackson

"He is so handsome and so musical, I never miss seeing him on television if I can help it. What a star he is!"

- Greta Garbo (on Michael Jackson)

You worked with Michael Jackson. How was that experience?

It was incredible. He's definitely the greatest of all time. He really showed me how to combine melody into records. He really took my craft to another level.

- Rodney Jerkins on Michael Jackson

WASHINGTON -- Ronald Reagan thought Alexander Haig was "utterly paranoid," considered former senator Lowell Weicker "a pompous, no good fathead" and was "surprised at how shy" Michael Jackson was.

and ...

The meeting with Jackson -- "the sensation of the pop music world" -- came during a 1984 ceremony to honor the singer for contributing to a campaign against drunk driving. "He is totally opposed to Drugs & Alcohol & is using his popularity to influence young people against them," Reagan wrote.

Sam Brown III talking about recording 'One Day In Your Life' with Michael:

"He put the headphones on, he's in front of the mike, and he'd say "Roll the tape". So we'd roll the tape with the demo singer singing it...and he'd listen to the first 8 bars and he's sitting there and listening and he says "Go back" and listens again..."Go back" and listens again. And he says "Ok, I'm ready". And he starts to sing. And what was interesting...the first thing I noticed is that...he has a phenomenal ear because he was taking the phrasing which singers don't normally do...and singing the phrasing precisely the way they sang it. And so he said, "How'd that sound?" And I said, "That sounded great. That's right on the money!". He says, "Ok, now let me sing it my way". So then he starts to sing it in a totally different phrasing - just like that. He had copped the phrasing of the demo singer off the tape, and now he's adding Michael Jackson to it. And I was like, "...This is phenomenal!"

- Sam Brown III on Michael Jackson

"One time I recall...he sang something on one of the songs that I wrote called 'You Were There'. And he sang it in a way which I didn't particularly care for. He added something to it. And I said, "Michael, let's do that take again." And he said "Oh, Sam, that was great". And I said "Ehhh..I didn't like it. Can you do it more this way." And Michael said, "Ok, but you're not gonna like it". And he did it the way I asked him to do it...and he did it exactly the way I asked him to do it. And in the studio, I thought it was great. I got home and I listened to the two versions and I went, "Damn...he's right. I like his version better!" So I called him on the phone and I said, "Michael, you were right. Your version is better. I like your take on it better." And all he said was, "Told you so". That sums it up for someone of who's of that stature, he would do it anyway. If you asked him to do it, he would do it...and he'd do it to the best of his abilities in the confidence and certainty you would like what he did ultimately at the end".

- Sam Brown III

"Like re-tuning a Ferarri"

- Seth Riggs on what it's like coaching Michael

"Peter Weir in an interview, revealed the the 1998 movie, 'The Truman Show' was based on Michael Jackson. "You watch The Truman Show and, I mean, Jim Carrey did a fantastic job, but Michael Jackson is Truman. He's who I based him on and he is the nearest thing to Truman." Weir also says the movie 'Simone' was based on Michael. "And Michael Jackson, he is also the real life Victor in 'Simone'. He had a talent and all he wanted was to share this and bring people happiness and escapism through entertainment. And people turn it around, they make it about the individual rather than the creation. It is the actual films, the actual music - that's what it's all about... People lose sight of this and the media make it all about the celebrity."

"This guy is Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, you know, I mean, he's that good."

- John Landis on Michael Jackson

"Michael is one of the most amazingly gifted performers that I've ever worked with."

- Slash on Michael Jackson

"Michael is, probably, a musical genius in every sense, he's a complete artist. 50% of Michael's genius is because of his ability to interpret the music through his body."

- Nile Rodgers on Michael Jackson

"If you watch him carefully, you'll see that, other then, when he's doing more kind of street dances type stuff... there's nothing technical about what he's doing, and he's brilliant. Every dancer moves when they watch Michael move. He makes everybody who can't dance feel, the dancer in themselves, um, because it comes from a heart and soul, he just has the soul of a dancer."

- Smith Wordes (choreographer/dancer) on Michael Jackson

"He went from being in the midst of all these trained, schooled dancers, looking fabulous, to, you know, taking the spotlight in front of all these street dancers and really he just, I think he learned his step from them just like his step from us. I spent all those years training, and I would watch some of these guy's, and Michael started to be able to do it all too, just like, like that (snaps fingers). He, he was like, poplockin' and all this stuff and it was like, 'Where did you learn how to do that?!'."

- Smith Wordes on Michael Jackson

"As I think back to all the musicians I've done music videos for, I cannot think of anybody that has had that electrifying a presence when they kick in."

- Nick Brandt (film director and director of the "Earth Song" video) on Michael Jackson

"The most interesting time for me was on "Earth Song" when, I had a bunch of very cynical, jaded New Yorker's for crew, the part of the shoot that he was there, and they were just 'auh, Michael Jackson, dadadadada'. But then, when he started singing, at the end of that song, and he's just, screaming out the vocals, you could, you could just see, you just look around and everybody had stopped in their tracks and was watching him, riveted. And he'd only give you like one take from each angel because he was being blasted by, you know, these wind machines and, stuff was flying in his eyes and, just, I mean it was really hard. I mean it was just firing dust and leaves and, all matter of stuff, into his face, and everybody was just electrified. And he completely turned everybody around."

- Nick Brandt on Michael Jackson

"You know how you see the fans in the films of Michael in the audience? They're like fainting and they're crying and... It, I have to tell you that, when he started dancing and your, and performing, and your only like 12 feet away from him or 10 feet away from him, I got like, chills, I, I was like, literally like, 'Oh my God!'. You, you feel like your watching some sort of, magic trick or something supernatural. I've seen a lot of people perform and I didn't have that reaction. If your in, within the energy field of what, him when he's doing it, it's pretty amazing. I realized that, you know, it was my responsibility to try to capture as much of that excitement that I was experiencing tangibly. Try to get it through that lens and onto the film somehow."

- Mark Romanek (film director and director of the "Scream" video) on Michael Jackson

"Michael Jackson is the most gifted entertainer to come down the pike since, I guess, James Dean. He's a brilliant actor and dancer, probably one of the rarest entertainers I have ever worked with. His talent is awesome."
-- Sidney Lumet

"We were singing the song, and all the time I was showing it to him I was wondering, 'Can he reach those high notes?' finally we took a try at it -- and he just reached it first time, no effort at all."
-- Freddie Perren (producer)

"Whatever it took to get the song done right, he was willing to go the distance. And that was impressive, since he was still just a little kid."
-- Hal Davis

"He has redefined the term professional entertainer."
-- James Earl Jones

The thing about Michael is he's hands down one of the most professional, most talented performers I have ever worked with. All the bro haa haa aside, when it comes down to it you can have 60 choreographed dancers up there and you know which one Michael is.
Slash

Working with Michael Jackson was probably the best recording experience of my life. He was totally cool, absolutely professional and a beautiful, beautiful guy. And let’s not forget, he's a musical genius.
Lenny Kravitz

When God was giving out talent, He gave all of it to Michael Jackson.
Babyface

Last edited:
These quotes are from around the year 2000Quote from En Vogue

En Vogue's Maxine, Cindy and Terry stated:

"Our major musical influence is undoubtedly Michael Jackson. The man is

phenomenal!"

Quote from TLC's Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins

On her favorite album:

"Thriller! It gave birth to a true megastar, and nobody has bettered it yet.

It's still the biggest-selling album of all time."

Quote from Donell Jones

"My main musical influence is Michael Jackson. I just love him. He brings so much energy and so much feeling into his music. (...) I learned from him and from experience that you have to be patient in this business. I want everything right now, but I know that if you want longevity, you have to be patient. And that's what I strive for: longevity."

Quote from producers Sam & Louis

Hit producers/songwriters Louis Biancaniello and Sam Watters have had success making music for many famous artists, including their most recent productions: Jessica Simpson's "I Wanna Love You Forever" and Anastacia's "I'm Outta Love." In a recent interview with Gavin magazine, Sam & Louis were asked which artist they would like to work with someday. Their answer was: "Michael Jackson. What an incredible talent, overflowing with energy, passion, and originality."

Formula-1 Champion Michael Schumacher Admires Michael Jackson

One racing car champion Michael Schumacher of Germany named Michael Jackson as one of his favorite stars. The Ferrari team driver added that he has always admired Michael Jackson because he not only sings but also dances extremely well.

Quote from Lori Petty

Guest Lori Petty (Tank Girl, A League of thie Own) picked MJ as her # 2

choice saying that she's in LOVE with him and that she wanted her screen name

to be Michael Jackson but it was taken. Ironically, Pettty who stared with

Madonna in A League of their Own, cut the Material Girl from the list.

Quote from Angelina Jolie

From an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, actress Angelina Jolie talked about her youth idol:

"I loved Michael Jackson. I wore the leather jacket and I used to ask if I could go to school wearing studs."

Quote from Ian Brown

Brown, who recorded a version of the Jackson classic 'Billie Jean' for his

current single 'Dolphins Were Monkeys', said he had always been a Jackson

fan. 'I love MJ. I've liked him since I was a kid. Stuff like 'Off The Wall'

and 'Thriller'. I want to do a MJ EP, with 'Thriller', 'Beat It', 'Billie

Jean' and 'Rockin' Robin' or 'ABC' on it. Hopefully I'll get it done,' said

Brown.

Rocker Mellissa Ethridge to VH-1 about Mj's Motown 25 Performance...

"The world was never the same after that."

From an interview with DJ Luck and MC Neat

"I think he's great. He's one of the godfathers of brilliantness. He's got

longevity. He is inspiring."

BJORK - On wearing dress with Michael's face on it to the Golden Globes.
"Because Michael is the biggest star in Hollywood."

Quote from Slash

Slash doesn't think it's that important for MJ to reclaim his title of King of Pop: "He's the genuine article. Whether it's going to blow everybody else off the charts is not really of concern to me because I know whatever he puts on there at least will be heartfelt and real and whether everybody picks up on it or not is down to them. Nobody can ever predetermine that."

Quote from SISQO

"Some people have the misconception that, because he's softly spoken, his hands might be kinda cold and clammy or that he might not have a firm grip, but that wasn't the case. He was a cool dude and tough."

I met him, and y'all don't know Mike. I'm a big Michael Jackson fan, and I thought when I met

him his hands were going to be cold and clammy. But they were kind of coarse, like he had been doing some work, and he had a firm grip. He's a real dude. He was kicking it with his kids, and I walked in and his son, Prince, looked at me like, "You ain't impressing me. My dad's Michael Jackson." I shook his little hand and he kept watching "Rugrats in Paris."

NELLY to Rolling Stone Magazine

Rapper Nelly discusses his influences: Michael

Jackson He was the king, regradless of what he's doing or how he looks

today. He's like History - he captured the whole world. He paved the way for

a lot of motherf.u.c.k.e.r.s.

Quote from Derek Jeter

New York Yankees' baseball star Derek Jeter names Michael Jackson as favorite artist in a recent Rolling Stone magazine interview.

"I was a huge Michael Jackson fan growing up. He's a musical genius. Probably my favorite."

Quote from Amy Holmes

USA Today columnist and Fox News Channel political commentator Amy Holmes was interviewed in an issue of American Mademoiselle magazine.

To the question "Who was your first celeb crush?" she answered:

"Michael Jackson. I had the Thriller LP, Michael Jackson biography, Michael

Jackson earrings, Michael Jackson pins, everything... I was head over

heels."

Quote from Wyclef Jean

Asked about his experience working with other artists, he simply answered:

"Michael Jackson is the greatest artist of all. I never enjoyed working with anyone so much as I did with him."

Quote from Shawn Wayans

Actor and comedian Shawn Wayans was interviewed by American TV

Guide magazine. In the article, Shawn talked about his first meeting with

Michael Jackson.

"Shawn: —I met Michael when I was working at FAO Schwarz in New York City. I

was 15 years old, and he came in the store. He was buying a bunch of toys. I

was screaming, 'Michael!' I made him laugh. And then I almost got fired.

TV Guide: —For talking to him?

Shawn: —Yeah. It wasn't him that almost got me fired. It was my boss. You

know how they start doing their job way too well."

“What I picked up on Michael Jackson - because I study people when I watch them - the way that he counts his rhythm with his feet and his neck at the same time is crazy... so he's hearing multiple things at once. And I don't know anybody who does that.”

- Wyclif Jean on Michael Jakcson

love the Diana Ross quote.

I love how the generation before call him the greatest (Smokie Robinson, Diana Ross etc)

I know. It's says something that such massive talents from before Michael's generation even acknowledge him as being the best. That says a lot.

Back