Thriller isn't his only album you know

analogue

Proud Member
Who else get's sick of the media always going on about Thriller? Yeah it's a fantastic album and i understand at this moment in time it is gonna be talked about alot because of Thriller 25 but i wish that the media would mention some of Michael's other achievments like BAD, Dangerous and HIStory

The way the media talks you'd swear that Michael has only ever had one album out with just three songs Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller

Well, Thriller was his most successful album and if you were going to mention just one album that MJ made, it would have to be Thriller fo sho.

I completely understand you and I completely agree with you, some people think that he has only made one good album and that was Thriller, but Michael have been a artist for so many years, he have made good ones in his life, the album that is least talked about is Dangerous and that's a shame because that truly showed his side of music and the fact he could work around with different elements not just base notes but classical music as well.

And I think Blood on the dancefloor should have got better reviews (even though it was a remix album) than it got. But I understand what you mean

I fully agree, Dangerous is much better. But it is the world's biggest seller.

And, lets face it - it's not as if Michael or Sony ever stop going on about it either!

Thriller !!

I never tire of hearing it's accolades :) Granted, I am a product of the 80's. Maybe I appreciate it that much more because of that fact. Thriller was popular at a time in my life when I did not even call myself a Michael Jackson Fan. At the time however, EVERYONE loved Michael Jackson. You could tune into a Country Station and hear Billie Jean, Hard Rock stations had no problem playing Beat it, college radio played Thriller tracks. The experience of 'Thriller' brings back many happy memories.

They arent exactly gonna pass by his greatest achivement. I love hearing bout it, its one thing they cant deny.

I understand where your comming from but no album on earth has changed music the way Thriller has MJ will always be remeberd for that yes there are other great MJ albums but Thriller is his largest success

True, Michael has made lots of Good records, they were all best-sellers but Thriller was dominant. Thriller sold more records than any of his records and records in history, he's quoted in PHV: " I can't even beat my own record" lol it shows to me that this album was meant to be the "ground breaker" even if some disagree. Almost every song minus 1, was a hit. So I'm not gonna knock down the fact that the media consistently talks about "Thriller" as long as it's positive, it's all good to me.:)

So I'm not gonna knock down the fact that the media consistently talks about "Thriller" as long as it's positive, it's all good to me.

Same here :yes:

I agree. I think Dangerous is his best album personally. But hey, no harm in celebrating the biggest selling album of all time which happened to be Thriller lol

Thriller is a masterpeas no mather what!....it has musical layers that you hardly find on any other pop albums, but to me dangerus is his best album. but that personal. the feel to it apeals more to me. and it seems more sophisticated. I never liked History as a compleat album, but it hase some really grate songs!

Who else get's sick of the media always going on about Thriller? Yeah it's a fantastic album and i understand at this moment in time it is gonna be talked about alot because of Thriller 25 but i wish that the media would mention some of Michael's other achievments like BAD, Dangerous and HIStory

The way the media talks you'd swear that Michael has only ever had one album out with just three songs Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller

and vince which is a kick ass album and it sucks that everyone seems to ignore it :chichi:

^^ yeah thats a bitter sweetness.... Id love to hear them sing other songs than Billie Jean for starters

Thriller may not be his only album buts its the only great album he ever made.... :innocent:

what?

his other stuff is excellent :p

I am sick of Thriller being the only thing mentioned to be good from Michael. IMO his best albums are Dangerous and HIStory, cause it helped him express himself both lyric and music-wise.

The album that does not get the respect it deserves the most is DANGEROUS.. For a period of time its sales were higher than BAD.. The best three selling albums of all time in the early 90's were..

1) Thriller
2) Dangerous
3) Bad

Albums have outsold Dangerous and Bad now.. Dangerous was a HUGE album. This is a big reason why some ppl say.. "I like Michael Jackson when he was black." Because most mentionings about MJ in a positive way are about THRILLER etc.. It's bias against his later work..

I dont care if he was black or wite!

Thriller
dangerus
and off the wall is my favoritte albums!

the other albums is good but not that complet as those!

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I think the same thing. I know it was groundbreaking, and it is an amazing album, but it isn't my favorite. I do still love Billie Jean and it's definitely one of my alltime favorites of his. I know what Thriller did for the industry, etc., but it really does upset me that Dangerous, Bad, and History are completely overlooked.

I really don´t think danerus and bad are overlookeed at all!!

remeber all the other grate music that comes out that hardly get etention, there are alot of masterpieas albumes out there. and everone knows bad and dangerus. So I think MJ and we fans shold be thankfull for that!

i grew up in the 90s(born 88)...and i never really cared about michael jackson....until i heard his magic from the 80s:punk:
not that anything before or after isnt nice^_^

Last edited:
I'm not upset that they talk about him in a good way though; I mean if the only way they do it, is to talk about Thriller, then okay. It's still better that they at least acknowledge that it was amazing and still gets played so much today, 25 years later!

How often would you hear..

Heal the world
BLack Or White
Jam
Will You Be There

or any other Dangerous songs on the radio.. The only song I ever HEAR of MJ's on the radio are Jackson 5, Jacksons, Off The Wall, Thriller, and once and a while Bad album songs.

It's just a constant reminder to people that believe that the old MJ is BETTER.. Which I do not agree with at all.

Dangerous is the one album that I fell in love with because he got to produce it Himself. I know Teddy Riley helped him but he was the Soul in my pudding. Thriller sold more albums with Paul ,Eddie V,Janet,Rod T,James, Part of TOTO and The Grand Master Q in the mix but Michael gave his vibes to the project. BAD almost came close to Thriller but did sell as much as Thriller did. It was still a great CD. History Disc 2 really let us know what he was thinking and Invincible was a good CD even though some people think it stanked. I loved it. It still had smooth soul . Blood on the dancefloor should have been completed as a full CD instead of remixes eventhough there were songs from Ghost I did like and Morphine and Superfly Sister did set the tone as if we were in for a new treat. Off The Wall was the start of Letting Michael do his thing. The start of his journey.I hope if and when his new CD comes out, We'll get a piece of his mind and his heart. Thriller at this point is reissued with new remixed songs with the Vocal talents of todays Hip Hop artist, which is good so that Michael can always be remembered for being the inspiration to these artist who was lucky enough to work with him and also some songs that were on the Special Edition a special DVD and a Song that was leaked as a demo on The Net some years ago that is completely redone in some spots, making the song whole. Yes I liked the Demo and I do like the New Version with his low singing voice. It's more sexier and smooth.
Will I buy the CD. YES.
Now lets find an album for Xscape and other songs that are left in the vaults.

personly i think the old mj is best. dont gert me wrong...I love "rock my world" and some songs form history. but the really over the tope grate music is from thriller, off the wall and dangerous.

i think his later work is more flat. more like other pop songs. it some how feels he is "trying to hard" on his last albums.

this is my opinion.

Last edited:

I'm sick of it too. I like to say that yes Thriller was a great album now get over it because Michael has made great albums after thriller.
If I'm asked which MJ album or song I like the most I never say "Thriller" or a song from Thriller just because.

But right now I'm happy to hear any positive news about Michael.

I've heard Heal The world and Black or white on radio . Not too long ago.

personly i think the old mj is best. dont gert me wrong...I love "rock my world" and some songs form history. but the really over the tope grate music is from thriller, off the wall and dangerous.

i think his later work is more flat. more like other pop songs. it some how feels he is "trying to hard" on his last albums.

this is my opinion.

^_^True. It's as if he trying to appeal to the Young Crowd. The MTVs,VH1 BET, ect...
But to me,he still has a fan base that loves the old Michael from 69-2004. I mean with the songs From The beginning to the added songs from Number ones and The Ultimate Collection. I always say stick with what you know. His fan base will be there no matter what but stick with Your Soulish vibe and always remember where you came from and The fans who got you where you are today.Inwhich I know he'll always love us fans as long as we fans still love him.
He's still my sexy ballad man....
I want to hear more ballads from him.He 's such a romantic.:wub:

Yall make it sound as if Michael "strayed" from his originality. Lol. I doubt it, but if you want more fans, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Even though Thriller will always BE a classic.

The only song off of Dangerous i'd hear on the radio is Remember The Time. Othere than that it's pretty much all about Thriller.

Not that I'm bitter about that, especially NOW since it's Thriller's 25th and MJ's proud about celebrating it and all....but it just would be nice for people to recognize that MJ's made some KILLER stuff since then. And I wish peeps would stop saying 'he didn't make anything good since thriller' or 'After Thriller, MJ dropped off" . It's a shame.

But Thriller does deserve it's props and all the praise it's getting, I just wish his other albums receive their due too.

Back