30th January News and Mentionings (threads merged)

Re: New MJ sighting!

That show sounds like soooo much fun!!! I LOOOOVE comedy! Ah, I wanna see that show now! :toofunny: Why can't I live in Vegas?! :toofunny: I bet Michael and the kids ahd a GREAT time!! I can just see MJ sitting in the audience, slapping his knee and holding his stomach while howling with laughter!!! :toofunny:

http://www.luxor.com/entertainment/entertainment_ronn_lucas.aspx

"The Ronn Lucas Show" is a favorite for adults, parents and kids. Utilizing breathtaking vocal skills, Lucas creates a magical performance leaving audience members literally exhausted from laughter.

With his sidekicks Buffalo Billy (the puppet comedian who thinks he's a ladies' man) and Scorch (the loveable green teenaged dragon) Lucas mixes stand-up comedy, improvisation, audience participation, puppetry and vocal gymnastics to astonish and delight audiences worldwide. Considered good, clean, intelligent comedy suitable for adults and safe for kids, Lucas's show is filled with innovative ideas including transforming members of the audience into life-sized, talking, singing, and dancing dummies.

Entertainment tax and service fee will be added to the ticket price.
Please Note: No smoking or photography within the theater. Age limit - 5 and older.

Watch a bit of Ron LUcas performing on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXYr9f1EtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kibDAGBX6A&feature=related

Last edited:

At least we know he's still in America. That's means the possibility of him performing at the Grammies is not ruled out. I'm not good at American geography. Is Las Vegas (where he is now) close to Los Angeles (where the Grammies are being held)?

But how come all these sightings never come with any pics? maybe they really do respect his privacy.

^ lol, no, that'll never happen. Mike's just crafty and knows how to avoid the paps. I bet whoever reported the sighting was just some member of the public who didn't have a camera and even if they didn't wouldn't bother taking pictures of a father and his kids just minding their own business watching a show.

30th January News and Mentionings

hello everyone! Some media today are being too slow :p or we've been too fast in past. Sound like rhyme lol

Anyway let's be a positive we'll see Michael real soon (as he said), keep dreaming cause it's nice to dream and be happy :D

News:

SIGHTINGS

Michael Jackson, with his children and bodyguards at the Ronn Lucas show at Luxor ...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/14900826.html

Thriller comeback!

Pop superstar Michael Jackson has vowed to "surprise" his loyal fans with a host of celebrity collaborations on the remake of his hit album Thriller.

The singer stunned fans at a music awards function in Cannes recently when he announced he has lined up a host of big names for the project.

Speaking for the first time about his return, the 49-year-old singer said in a video message, "I’m coming back. And I’ve got a very special treat for all of my fans. I have been recording Thriller: 25th Anniversary, with a lot of surprise guests."

The singer, who has not toured for over a decade, is scheduled to release the album on February 11 the day after this year’s Grammys. Insiders confirmed MJ’s European comeback at the O2 Arena in London will go ahead in summer.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/International_Buzz/Thriller_comeback/articleshow/2742509.cms

Michael Jackson rumoured for Grammy slot
There's also talk of a Super Bowl appearance

Michael Jackson is being tipped for a surprise appearance at next month's Grammy Awards.

With rumours of an possible live residency at the 02 Arena in London planned this year, as well as recent reports that the pop superstar is set to make a remarkable live comeback at the Super Bowl in March, a live comeback at this year's Grammy Awards seems a definite possibility.

Jackson releases the 25th anniversary edition of 'Thriller' on February 11th, just one day after the awards ceremony, and according to a 'leaked' memo at his record label Sony, the Grammy Awards are the chosen venue for Jackson to begin his comeback.

http://www.soundgenerator.com/viewArticle.cfm?ArticleID=18475

Mentioning:

Martin Lawrence Interview, Welcome Home Roscoe

Q: Would you tell us your ultimate party song?

MARTIN LAWRENCE: My ultimate party song? Let me see. [Starts singing] ‘My girl wants to fight all the time, party all the time.’ [Normal voice] Nah, I don’t know. I don’t know which one it is. [Laughs] How do you pull that one off? I don’t know what my party…might be a Michael Jackson song ‘cause Michael got a few of them. So it might be a Michael Jackson ‘Billy Jean,’ ‘Beat It’ or something. It might be something like that.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13973.html

Romanek Will Not Direct Wolf Man Remake

Director Mark Romanek has dropped out of the Universal horror film “The Wolf Man,” just weeks before filming was scheduled to star.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the issue was a financial one – Romanek asked for additional money to make the film, while the studio kept its ground on its intention to remain within the $100 million range.

Romanek started out as a music video director, working with artists such as Audioslave, Michael Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Fiona Apple and Jay-Z.

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Romanek_Will_Not_Direct_Wolf_Man_Remake_13403.html

Hutchinson brings his blue-eyed soul to Rams Head Live

Eric Hutchinson's real big break came after he thought he had already gotten it.

About three years ago, the pop singer-songwriter-musician was signed to Maverick Records, the Warner Bros.-distributed label partly founded by Madonna, whose roster included the likes of Alanis Morrissette and Michelle Branch. But just as Hutchinson was about to begin work on his major-label debut, Maverick shut down. The Takoma Park native was back where he started - making music on his own. It took nearly two years to receive a buyout from the company.

When the money finally came, Hutchinson used it to produce Sounds Like This, the artist's second studio album, which he released this summer on his Let's Break label. Witty, breezy blue-eyed soul reminiscent of early Billy Joel, the 10-song set became an Internet smash thanks largely to Mario Lavandeira, better known as celebrity gossip hound Perez Hilton. He raved about Sounds Like This on his popular blog.

"I had a normal suburban life," the artist says. "I always had a strong interest in music, though. I listened to a lot of Billy Joel, the Beatles, Paul Simon and Michael Jackson. I credit my parents with having smart music around."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/custom/today/bal-to.hutchinson29jan29,0,6641422.story

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1981 - Michael Jackson won the Favorite Male Artist, Soul/R&B and Favorite Album, Soul/R&B catagories at the 8th annual American Music Awards.

1989 - Michael Jackson was presented with the Special Award of Achievement by Eddie Murphy at the 16th annual American Music Awards.

80samas89xq9.jpg

Re: 30th January News and Mentionings

Martin Lawrence Interview, Welcome Home Roscoe

Q: Would you tell us your ultimate party song?

MARTIN LAWRENCE: My ultimate party song? Let me see. [Starts singing] ‘My girl wants to fight all the time, party all the time.’ [Normal voice] Nah, I don’t know. I don’t know which one it is. [Laughs] How do you pull that one off? I don’t know what my party…might be a Michael Jackson song ‘cause Michael got a few of them. So it might be a Michael Jackson ‘Billy Jean,’ ‘Beat It’ or something. It might be something like that.
hee, hee, Eddie and Martin are friends. lol

Billie Jean or Billy Jean?

Michael Jackson, with his children and bodyguards at the Ronn Lucas show at Luxor ...

This is right up Michaels alley :LOL:
he is having a blast with his kids
so happy to here it.

thanks for the news articles.. and welcome to rumorvill

Speaking of the Grammys.

As per hitsdailydouble, "The latest batch of confirmed appearances is a big one, because it includes the casts of both Cirque du Soleil's The Beatles Love and the film Across The Universe, who'll be interacting in a special segment devoted to the Fab Four."

Mike about to get paid - HEY!

Last edited:

But how come all these sightings never come with any pics? maybe they really do respect his privacy.
Michael and his children attended this show yesterday afternoon. As Michael was making his way back to his current residency, photographs of him were attempted by paparazzi but they were immediately blocked from doing so by a bodyguard. :)

cool i'm glad they stopped them, the paps are getting out of hand these days, something has to be done.

Good to see mike enjoying himself, and that guy is amazing he was over here once
on our royal variety performance he's so funny

I'm actually glad that the bodyguards stopped the paps from taking pictures this time. If more pictures found their way on the net, We'd have yet another round of MJ bashing and belittling centered on them. I get so sick of that

Last edited:
^ I doubt Michael will do anything on Sunday or even perform at the grammys

Back