Jamiroquai

eighthnoterojo

Proud Member
This stuff is a fairly recent discovery for me. I heard a song by them a long time ago and remember liking it a lot, but I never really investigated until now. I haven't heard a song that I haven't liked yet. Here's the one I'm into at the moment.

Runaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5etCbMTNCk

Anyone else want to post one?

oooh I LOOOOOOOVE them!
My favorite song is Deeper underground ,and of course Virtual Insanity!

There awesome.

Seriously, buy all of their albums their amazing!

There my 2nd favourites after Michael of course.

So many good songs I dont even know where to start! Just buy there High Times: Greatest Hits CD then move on to buying all of their albums.

There awesome.

Seriously, buy all of their albums their amazing!

There my 2nd favourites after Michael of course.

So many good songs I dont even know where to start! Just buy there High Times: Greatest Hits CD then move on to buying all of their albums.
you know I intend to... true.... I think I love all the songs by them... such a chilling, summer music :D:punk:( and the lyrics makes you think too)
how about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB4oNiaH0Tw

watch

and this

Last edited:
Me too, cinderella. :)

I keep coming back to this thread to listen some more. :lol:

Especially Runaway. :wub:

There awesome...........cant say enough about them!!

I belive to be the most underrated group of all time!

Im gonna list all of my favourites songs!! Just because its 12 oclock and theres still 2 hours until Wrestling is on.........lol

When You Gonna Learn
Too Young to die
Blow your mind
Emergency on planet earth
Stillness In Time
Morning Glory
Space Cowboy
Half the man
Virtual Insanity
High Times
Alright
Canned Heat
Supersonic
Butterfly
Deeper Underground
King for a day
Feels just like it should
Seven Days in Sunny June
Dont give hate a chance
Dynamite
Black Devil Car (my current most listened to song)
Little L
You give me something
Corner of the earth
Love Foolosophy
Runaway

My favourite song, and 2nd most favourite song of all time is Seven Days In Sunny June (brilliant song)
Favourite album is Synkronized!! All of their albums are brilliant.

Cant say enough........I was brought up on them....listening in the car (my mum and dad were and are big fans) Forgot about them until sometime last year and then i was a bigger fan than ever.

Seriously, if youve never heard that much about them. Get buying there cd's or downloading there songs...........all the ones ive mentioned.........and I promise you wont be dissapointed.

OH AND THEY HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT THIS YEAR IVE HEARD

Theyve sent me a check in the mail :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's good news! Just think, we could be groovin' to new stuff by both MJ and Jamiroquai this year! :cool:

cinderella - Yup; that's great too! :)

There awesome...........cant say enough about them!!

I belive to be the most underrated group of all time!

Im gonna list all of my favourites songs!! Just because its 12 oclock and theres still 2 hours until Wrestling is on.........lol

When You Gonna Learn
Too Young to die
Blow your mind
Emergency on planet earth
Stillness In Time
Morning Glory
Space Cowboy
Half the man
Virtual Insanity
High Times
Alright
Canned Heat
Supersonic
Butterfly
Deeper Underground
King for a day
Feels just like it should
Seven Days in Sunny June
Dont give hate a chance
Dynamite
Black Devil Car (my current most listened to song)
Little L
You give me something
Corner of the earth
Love Foolosophy
Runaway

My favourite song, and 2nd most favourite song of all time is Seven Days In Sunny June (brilliant song)
Favourite album is Synkronized!! All of their albums are brilliant.

Cant say enough........I was brought up on them....listening in the car (my mum and dad were and are big fans) Forgot about them until sometime last year and then i was a bigger fan than ever.

Seriously, if youve never heard that much about them. Get buying there cd's or downloading there songs...........all the ones ive mentioned.........and I promise you wont be dissapointed.

OH AND THEY HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT THIS YEAR IVE HEARD

Theyve sent me a check in the mail :)
I love all of them you've listed:punk:

and I know nothing about it.... in fact I've heard Jay Kay was going to take a break to settle down?
well, maybe there were just rumours... I don't know.....

I love all of them you've listed:punk:

and I know nothing about it.... in fact I've heard Jay Kay was going to take a break to settle down?
well, maybe there were just rumours... I don't know.....

He was misquoted in an interview sayiong he wanted to settle down and start a family by a newspaper.
When in actual fact he just said they where going to be taking a break and have the studio be refurbished or something and that there sony bmg contract is up and its just getting interesting!! :D:D

If you check the Jamiroquai official website, it says that they're back in the studio, and that Jay Kay is really excited about it. :woohoo:

I live near Jay-Kay.

I live in Aylesbury, in Buckinghamshire, and he lives in [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Horsenden[/FONT], near to Princess Risborough. 10 miles from where I live!

Pretty cool eh! I love Jamiroquai, I have seen them live a few times. Hoping to catch them in Madrid this year.

Im hoping they'll come to Liverpool when they next tour :)

Well, I went out to HMV today after work and bought the greatest hits CD. Slapped it on in the car, and it sounds AWESOME! :woohoo:

This music is fantastic for dancing, and great for driving as well! No wonder in the Cosmic Girl video he's driving. And come to think of it, the Runaway video as well. :D

I love the real instruments; the trumpet solo, and strings... aaaaahh. :wub2: And mixed in a cool way with newer sounds. Brilliant.

And of course, the BASS! :wub:

Picked up Essential MJ for in the car as well... life's good! :lol:

Well, I went out to HMV today after work and bought the greatest hits CD. Slapped it on in the car, and it sounds AWESOME! :woohoo:

This music is fantastic for dancing, and great for driving as well! No wonder in the Cosmic Girl video he's driving. And come to think of it, the Runaway video as well. :D

I love the real instruments; the trumpet solo, and strings... aaaaahh. :wub2:

And of course, the BASS!
And mixed in a cool way with newer sounds. :wub:Brilliant.

Picked up Essential MJ for in the car as well... life's good! :lol:

yeah! so true....:D:punk:

yeah! so true....:D:punk:
I'd like to say that the new sounds make the music fresh, and the real instruments make it sound soulful? And that the two elements are perfectly balanced...

I'm so looking forward to being in the car. :lol:

(I'll keep them in the car so as not to annoy peeps where I live with loud music. I'll just annoy strangers on the road instead... :lol:)

I'd like to say that the new sounds make the music fresh, and the real instruments make it sound soulful? And that the two elements are perfectly balanced...

I'm so looking forward to being in the car. :lol:

(I'll keep them in the car so as not to annoy peeps where I live with loud music. I'll just annoy strangers on the road instead... :lol:)
and I get it... and I agree
:D

Yeah, it's nice to see this thread !

Jamiroquai has been around for a while now! I remember videos were being run on BET, a while back.

tip: If you like this artsts, you'll probably also enjoy a jazz/funk/techno group called Groove Collective!
:)They also do a fantastic live show!

I was actually listening to their greatest hits CD earlier this week. At the moment Foolosophy & 7 Days in June are my favs.

Yeah, it's nice to see this thread !

Jamiroquai has been around for a while now! I remember videos were being run on BET, a while back.

tip: If you like this artsts, you'll probably also enjoy a jazz/funk/techno group called Groove Collective!
:)They also do a fantastic live show!
Thanks for the tip, ml; will check that out. :)

Foolosophy is great too!:D
and yeah, Motown Lady, nice that you joined us- the "Jamiroquai" admirers:D

This song's quite good too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyPhonWpBc&feature=related
I also love Deeper Underground; the bass is simething else, Too Young to Die, & Don't Give Hate a Chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzietI2qEAc&feature=related

Oh & eighthnoterojo, loving classical music you've got to hear this song: King for a Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3SRIfn1XM4&feature=related

I totally forgot about this song as I hadn't heard it since it came out in the early 2000s. This is not on the greatest hits album. You know they always have to leave off at least one good song on such albums.

Last edited:
Thanks Love.him; I'd seen/heard King For A Day before. It's quite deep and dark compared to their other stuff. I tend to go more for their uplifting stuff, but this track is quality; they always have excellent musicians- the strings, piano etc. are all so clean and tight. The harmonies are great too.

Deeper Underground has become a fav for me; that bass line does cut right through you, especially in the car. :D One of the other darker tracks I like.

I wonder, do they have any instrumental only tracks? Just curious.

Back