Alert: Please everyone! Go here & leave a comment to this Yahoo Article!

motown lady

Proud Member
If you read the article & some of the comments, they are rather negative even the author mocks Mj's bid to be rocognized as "proud & competitve?"

Yahoo Music Blogs

Buzz up!
RSS Email this page IM this page Bookmark this page

chartwatch_header.jpg
Music Blogs > Chart Watch > Week Ending Feb. 24, 2008: The Case Of The Missing #2 Album
Week Ending Feb. 24, 2008: The Case Of The Missing #2 Album

Posted Wed. Feb 27, 4:52 PM ET by Paul Grein in Chart Watch
For the second week in a row, Jack Johnson's Sleep Through The Static and Michael Jackson's Thriller 25 are the top two albums in the U.S. Or are they?
They are, if you look at the Top Comprehensive Albums chart compiled by Nielsen/SoundScan. Johnson is #1 for the week with sales of 105,000 copies, trailed by Jackson with 63,000 copies. (The gap between the two is wider than it was last week, when just 14,000 copies separated them.)
But Jackson is nowhere to be found on the list of Top Current Albums that is published each week (as The Billboard 200) in Billboard magazine. The top 10 from that chart is reprinted in countless newspapers and websites around the world, including this one. The reason for the omission, as I explained last week, is that Nielsen/SoundScan and Billboard exclude catalog titles-defined as albums that are 18 months old or older-from the main chart. (Continuously running "current" hits are exempted.)
The idea is to make more room on the chart for new albums, which need every break they can get. This week, the rule resulted in 31 older albums being removed from Top Current Albums and shifted over to Top Catalog Albums. Just four of these 31 titles would have ranked in the top 100: Thriller 25, which would have ranked #2; Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' Greatest Hits, #63; Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits, #64, and Bob Marley & the Wailers' Legend, #84.....

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone says.....T25 was a total success for Michael and Sony. And every music critic knows it. And I would not be surprised if next year Michael gets some awards for both T25 and his new album.

I don't care what anyone says.....T25 was a total success for Michael and Sony. And every music critic knows it. And I would not be surprised if next year Michael gets some awards for both T25 and his new album.

Exactly! Let the troops organize!

If they want a 'blog' war, no group can do it better than MJ fans! We took to the internet long ago, in search of truth & information.

Plz members, continue to alert us to these hate 'blogs' disguised as articles, that way we can flood them with comments! No need, however, to post the actual negative article/comments, (instead, just alert us to its location or link). Thanks

Last edited:
went to comment on it and stumbled upon another story about mike missing payments on his LA home.....is there truth to this?

Dear,

Just goes to show the all out war to attack MJ! On a music site. I mean why would a story such as that even be on a music site?

Unless..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
wait...I don't see what's that negative about this.
how is he attacking Michael?

wait...I don't see what's that negative about this.
how is he attacking Michael?

Go to the article & read, the whole thang, particularly where the author refers to MJ as 'proud & competitive' for 'expecting' :rolleyes:to be included in the BillBoard chart. He goes on to site the Eagles, but conveniently omits MJ's ownership via sony/atv.

Then go down & read some of the negative comments this white-washed article bought about. This thread was posted to ask members to go the comments thread & post a postive MJ comment.

Last edited:
moving this to Enough is Enough which is our section for handling bad press whether it be online or in a magazine etc.

:flowers:

Thriller 25 is great
i like it very much
congradulations michael on Thriller 25

p.s. i like your siggy ashipoffools

I just posted to go to Yahoo & complain on a previous article.

Well, since then they have removed it & left this mess. I guess the comments were swinging in MJ's favor!

PLEASE BlOG, WRITE, COMMENT, WHATEVER, Yahoo music editiors AS TO WHY this unrelated article IS THE ONLY FEATURED ARTICLE ON MJ. They aren't the financial times, so why are they not instead addressing the success of his current top selling release!

Michael Jackson
News

27239632.jpg
artst_txt_customize_img.gif
Rating affects your music played in LAUNCHcast and Music Videos.Your Artist Rating: Why Rate?
hdr_news.gif

Records: Jackson late on home payments

02/28/2008 5:00 PM, AP

Public documents show Michael Jackson has repeatedly failed to make mortgage payments on a Los Angeles home that has been used for years by his family. Documents filed with the Los Angeles County Recorder's Office indicate the reclusive pop star was most recently in default last month on the property in Encino, an area in the San Fernando Valley. The singer had $153,910 in missed payments as of Jan. 17 on a $4 million loan serviced by Pasadena-based mortgage lender IndyMac Bancorp. Documents dated Feb. 7 show the notice of default was withdrawn.

Last edited:
Go to the article & read, the whole thang, particularly where the author refers to MJ as 'proud & competitive' for 'expecting' :rolleyes:to be included in the BillBoard chart. He goes on to site the Eagles, but conveniently omits MJ's ownership via sony/atv.

Then go down & read some of the negative comments this white-washed article bought about. This thread was posted to ask members to go the comments thread & post a postive MJ comment.

but he is a competitive guy though. I read the article and found nothing offensive with it. I just thought it was mainly trying to show how Mike is still at number 2 and the reasons why it wasn't included in the chart. Guess it's just at how you look at things. I honestly don't think we should pay much mind to haters. let the haters hate. They don't know what they're missing.

but he is a competitive guy though. I read the article and found nothing offensive with it. I just thought it was mainly trying to show how Mike is still at number 2 and the reasons why it wasn't included in the chart. Guess it's just at how you look at things. I honestly don't think we should pay much mind to haters. let the haters hate. They don't know what they're missing.

Read the comment again, in context. I guess 'proud & competive' was meant to replace the over used term 'arrogance' when referrencing successful Black Artists. If he wasn't taking a cheap shot, then why not 'legendary', or 'talented' , he later went on to give full credit to the Eagles. Yeah, we should care enough to leave a comment, just as we have on so many other negative articles posted by other members.

After all, it's one of the things we do here in support of MJ, right?

Last edited:
Thriller 25 is great
i like it very much
congradulations michael on Thriller 25

p.s. i like your siggy ashipoffools

Ye-sss it rocks doesn't it! Odered my copy from Amazon The Deluxe 25, edtion!:punk:
Waiting for Janet's latest

Last edited:
If you read the article & some of the comments, they are rather negative even the author mocks Mj's bid to be rocognized as "proud & competitve?"

Yahoo Music Blogs

Buzz up!
RSS Email this page IM this page Bookmark this page

chartwatch_header.jpg
Music Blogs > Chart Watch > Week Ending Feb. 24, 2008: The Case Of The Missing #2 Album
Week Ending Feb. 24, 2008: The Case Of The Missing #2 Album

Posted Wed. Feb 27, 4:52 PM ET by Paul Grein in Chart Watch
For the second week in a row, Jack Johnson's Sleep Through The Static and Michael Jackson's Thriller 25 are the top two albums in the U.S. Or are they?

They are, if you look at the Top Comprehensive Albums chart compiled by Nielsen/SoundScan. Johnson is #1 for the week with sales of 105,000 copies, trailed by Jackson with 63,000 copies. (The gap between the two is wider than it was last week, when just 14,000 copies separated them.)

But Jackson is nowhere to be found on the list of Top Current Albums that is published each week (as The Billboard 200) in Billboard magazine. The top 10 from that chart is reprinted in countless newspapers and websites around the world, including this one. The reason for the omission, as I explained last week, is that Nielsen/SoundScan and Billboard exclude catalog titles-defined as albums that are 18 months old or older-from the main chart. (Continuously running "current" hits are exempted.)
The idea is to make more room on the chart for new albums, which need every break they can get. This week, the rule resulted in 31 older albums being removed from Top Current Albums and shifted over to Top Catalog Albums. Just four of these 31 titles would have ranked in the top 100: Thriller 25, which would have ranked #2; Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' Greatest Hits, #63; Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits, #64, and Bob Marley & the Wailers' Legend, #84.....

There was nothing negative about Michael in this article
please re-read it - he was only posting negative about
billbord not placing T-25 on the charts - he thought that
was wrong _

The author was defending Michael not attacking

proud and competitive is not bad
as michel is proud and competitive this are not
negative thing int the musical industry they are
necessary thing in order to succeed.

maybe Im missing something
Can you please quote a statement where he is
stating anything bad about Michel .. Thanks

but I do agree MJfans should leave positive posts
on such blogs - but not get into a war - with the
haters ... just post positive messages over the
haters - when enough positive message are seen
otherswill follow - people are fearful to do so when
they are out numbered - so it is goo dfor MJ fans
to lead the way and lift MJ up on Blogs and articles.

WHY?? so the genreal public reading them will
see that Michael has fans and support - becuase
for the most part Mj fans are invisible for some reason

No war is needed - but SUPPORT of MJ is needed

Last edited:
Yeah, qbee, we have helped both you & many other member with plenty of your own 'wars' against irresponsible comments toward MJ. I've also requested that we begin fact check threads so that we can address negative blogs & statements w/facts when we visit other sites. I didn't believe/ think this was personal or a popularity contest over which posters we like best & thus feel best to support their threads. Compared to the responses from members to a similar thread, posted a bit earlier....hmm.

Since when is requesting that members post more positive comments to battle a negative feeding frenzy too controversia:rolleyes:l or overthetop at an MJ community. Particularly, when were talking about a well frequented, established music site like Yahoo!

If I re-read the article, as an African-American, I tend to recognize the code words used. I still don't feel he was very suportive of MJ in his argument or appropriate, but condescending with his in quote comments of 'proud & competitive', (& the negative posters below also picked up on it & used it as an excuse for their negative comments).

Unless it can be proven that this writer knows MJ personally...as to take such a familiar tone toward him, then I won't accept this on behalf on African-American artist/legend. Especially, when he goes on to take a positon or 'establishment tone' in his articles on behalf of the Eagles or other artist.

Maybe it's because I've read, studied many Jim crow era books, & seen many documentaries on the language applied toward African-American entertainers & sports figures. If you read articles on Jack Johnson, or Josephine Baker, you'll understand why I view it this way.

Last edited:
I thought the article was very positive and the author was very professional. I think what he meant by proud and competitive is that Michael takes pride in his work and wants to do his best. He was generally making a pro-Michael argument. Just because some words have certain connotations for one person doesn't mean that the rest of us have some kind of agenda when we use those words - in other words, be careful of seeing things that aren't there. However, the comments on that page are awful.

Back