Sound Effects in MJ Songs

eighthnoterojo

Proud Member
There's broken glass in In The Closet. (watch out! :p)

There are crickets in Unbreakable.

Anyone have the reason for/meaning behind these additions to the songs?

What are some other MJ songs with sound effects in them?

(I love the crickets. :))

D.S. -- Sound of baby crying.
Earth Song -- Sound of the wilderness.
Heal The World -- Children playing.
Privacy -- People talking, Snap of a camera.
Jam -- Broken glass.
She Drives Me Wild -- Start of an engine, a vehicle's horn.
Speed Demon -- Another engine running.
Smooth Criminal -- Police siren.
Tabloid Junkie -- The various tabloid talks.
Threatened -- Somekind of bell.
Thriller -- Opening of door with rusty hinges, footsteps, thunder, wolf howling.
You Rock My World -- Chris Tucker. LOL!

:lol::)

There was a rare Thriller acetate on ebay a while ago, one of the tracks was Thriller without the sound effects

Stranger in Moscow - Rain?
Does that count. There is no underlying rhythm in the rain like in the other songs...but hey.

people swear to god and heaven that they hear a bed thumpin abuot in his ITC song. I don't think so :no: I hear a door's locks being jangled near the end, though :yes:

I understand the sound effects in the other songs. But why the crickets in Unbreakable?

Is it because it's a quiet part of the song? lol

I love the sound affects in the songs :D sometimes there is something just in the background you can barely hear then you notice it, I still find myself finding new things now after all the times I have heard them :p

Heartbreak Hotel

In Heartbreak Hotel, there's a sound like somebody is falling down some stairs or through a ceiling. Plus LaToya screaming and some glass breaking before the guitar solo.

There is like humming in 'Heartbreaker', so idk if you would count that. For the most part, I believe these sound effects are just sounds that Michael found interesting. Like I shared before about the humming, Michael was probably walking around, humming and thought it was a good sound to include on a song, and that's why we hear it on 'Heartbreaker'

Bubbles on Monkey Business
Fingersnaps on twymmf
Tabloid Junkie-so many
The guitar case on beat it
I can go on 4ever

Boulder being dragged in Threatened
Someone knocking on the door just before the guitar solo in Beat It

Good Sound Effect would def. be the "In The Closet" sounds found in the "Scream" multis that leaked a while back (which I think are from the "Scream Louder" remix), interesting to hear in a completely different song.

There's what sounds like a phone ringing in certain remasters of The Way You Make Me Feel at the end.

She Drives Me Wild:
A motor starts, a horn blows, thud sound like someone getting hit by a car, horn honking, ambulance sirens

Back