One question....

LindaC781

Proud Member
If Michael were to retire totally tomorrow, how would you react to that? THis is purely hypothetical...

I'd fly to wherever he is, steal his new album, and listen to it forever (after I am done with him).

would be a shame and id be very disaponinted that hes left it as it is now.but other than that it would be the same as the last few years. see him when hes over on trips and thats that

Last edited:
I would be fine with it. Maybe the fans would be able to stop complaining then since he wouldn't be making ANY effort to create anything. Mmm maybe I'm giving them too much credit -_-

I would be fine with it. Maybe the fans would be able to stop complaining then since he wouldn't be making ANY effort to create anything. Mmm maybe I'm giving them too much credit -_-

:punk:

I totally agree with you!

I almost wish he would he gets treated worse by 'fan's than by so called 'haters' some of the vile that appears on so called MJ sites are worse than on Perez Hilton or TMZ it's just sad how some of MJ's own fans make fun of his looks believe the worst things and attack his kids etc..i would be sad but wouldn't totally blame him for saying the hell with this!

Last edited:
I'd be disapointed but at the same time i'd feel that with all that Michael have accomplished with music then he's earned the right to retire.

I would be a little sad that the music industry had lost one of it's most inspirational people, but at the same time I'd be relieved, because then at least I'd know that MJ will finally be able to make time for himself and his family without having to run around trying to please everybody else. He deserves to be happy. :flowers::heart:

I would love him and agree with his decision. He has EVERY right to retire and live a quiet life with his children. I love Michael first and Jackson after...

Wouldn't bother me. He would still be Michael Jackson. And it is not just his legendary entertaining history that I admire. I admire him for other reasons that will never go away. He will always be a great humanitarian whether he releases another record or not.

id be okay with it....i would definitely just wish the best for him!!!!

I would say thank you for the most amazing 10 years, the friendships and memories I have made on this incrediable journey will stay with me forever. Even if he retires from music I know that I will see him again, somewhere, as the man loves to shop!! I would say to him, now is your time to enoy life and to stop worryig what people say and just live your life and raise your beautiful childern and most impotantly have fun

I would be happy for him.. Though I would feel crapy about waiting for so long for a new album. I would get over it and be happy for him..

Whatever makes him happy..

I just wanted to add...I was just wondering because of all of the no-shows lately. I would be very happy for him. I think the man deserves a break from the constant intrusion into his private life....and I would wish him the absolute best in whatever the future brings..I think he may be considering it. And I don't blame him. These last few years have been so bad for him. He needs to rest and rejuvenate. Maybe he'll do an album, part of me wants to believe that. But if he doesn't, I just wanted to say that that is fine also. I just want to see the man happy and healthy.

Last edited:
As long as he goes out with a bang on the This Is It Tour then I'm happy for him to retire and enjoy life. He's worked very hard and sacrificed alot to be where he is today.

i would be totally happy for him. If that is what he wanted to do and im all for it.
After all that he has been through over the years, i wouldn't blame him if he decided to retire.

My normal reaction would be, that one day it will happen. And I will always respect Michael's decision, whatever it may be. He has to follow his heart. But I believe that happens when Michael will not fully turn off the music. It can produce albums for other artists. And I believe that Michael wants to do things far beyond music.​

Seems "This Is It" would be the prelude to retirement. This is a old thread funny re-reading the answers. I think Michael should do what's in his heart and if it means walking away then so be it. It's about time he lives for himself and his family :yes:

If Michael were to retire totally tomorrow, how would you react to that? THis is purely hypothetical...

As long as Mr.Jackson is healthy, happy and safe...

It would be totally cool with me...

:angel:Smiles~~~

i'd learn to live with it. thank God for the internet..and recorded music. that way i can always buy and rebuy his music and listen to it forever. i know that haters will suffer, because they will miss him. maybe they should suffer. the music industry will hurt, if he decides to retire, but he deserves to be happy, and i am one million percent supporting any decision he makes. always. i love him forever. not just because of the talent, but because of the human being. his special and one and only personality. and i agree with the comments about the 'fans'...as well as haters. after all the hard times, even today, and the scrutiny, i can understand if MJ would want to tell them where they can put their scrutiny..... i could understand if he has had enough.

Last edited:
When he retires, be it tomorrow or 10 years from now, I'm gonna miss him a lot... Just like I'm missing him now, waiting anxiously for the This is It Tour to start.

But I think everyone has the right to do what the heart tells.. When it's his wish to retire, I'll understand and support him. As long as he's happy, I have nothing to complain about. :)

lol love he's been sort of retired since like '01 if u don't count the ultimate. it's no thing but a chicken waaaaaaaaang. im straight if he decides to hang it all up

Ooh, old thread indeed!
If he would now announce about retirement after This Is It concerts I would absolutely accept his choice, imo that would be great way to end a career. But if there wouldn't be TIT concerts at all, then I would be disappointed and especially sad for a while.

As long as he is happy and is sure about it - I don't mind, we still have all his music, pictures everything. Sure we would miss him deeply but he would be happy with his children which will make me extremley happy :)
I will respect his decision when he makes it :)

i.d cry. i already cried when he said that these will be his final shows.
of course he deserves it, but i was just born too late =( i wasnt able to feel the michaelmania around the world when almost everyone started screaming by mentioning his name.. it would be very disappointing for me as well..
and i want all his unreleased stuff :p

Back