Princess Diana Inquest Update-Part of What the Butler Is Hiding Revealed

CherubimII

Proud Member
'Burrell said he took ring from Diana's body in Paris mortuary', bodyguard tells inquest
(and burned Diana's letters from the Windsors)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=537048&in_page_id=1770

Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell told his bodyguard he removed a ring from her body as she lay in the mortuary in Paris, an inquest jury heard today.

Michael Faux, a security adviser hired by Mr Burrell said the princess's ex-servant told him he removed the ring from the princess's finger when he attended her body after the crash in 1997. "He said he took it off the body in Paris. He said there was still blood on the ring and he could prove it was hers by DNA," Mr Faux, 44, told the inquest at the High Court in London. (The jury has heard that Diana received a gold Bulgari friendship ring from Dodi Fayed, which she wore on her right hand.)

Mr Burrell is said to have made the devastating confession in a car as the two men were sitting outside Mr Burrell's florist shop in Farndon, Cheshire.
The former butler described the ring as an "engagement ring", the inquest heard.

Mr Faux added: "I told him in not so many words that I was disgusted with him. It did not cross myself that he was making it up. Maybe he felt he wanted to let me know."
Mr Faux, who set up a business with Mr Burrell in 2003, claimed Mr Burrell told him about the ring after his lawyers told him to ask the SAS-trained bodyguard to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Mr Faux, now chief executive of a company called Executive Group Holdings, first met Burrell when he was hired by the Daily Mirror to be his bodyguard after the former aide sold his story.
He was interviewed by police a year ago but was not asked to appear at the inquest, so he decided to volunteer to give evidence today.

He said: "I do however feel duty bound to come forward. For some reason I cannot explain why, I want people to know."
After the contract with the Mirror ended Mr Burrell asked Mr Faux to work with him full-time. They set up a business, splitting the profits 80/20 in 2003.
During this time Mr Faux said he got to know Burrell very well. On one occasion he said Burrell told him he kept items formerly belonging to Princess Diana in a flat above an insurance office next to his home.
He said Burrell once told him he would, "need a truck to move all the jewellery and items there was so much of it".
Mr Faux said Burrell - who was cleared at the Old Bailey of stealing items belonging to Princess Diana, Prince Charles and Princes William and Harry - on one occasion told him he planned to dispose of jewellery by throwing it off a ship.
Scroll down for more...

Mr Faux told the inquest that he witnessed Burrell "frantically" go to the flat in Cheshire - where a woman called "Maddy" and her teenage son lived - and remove a bin liner full of letters, some with the Buckingham Palace crest on, and burn them in his back garden.
He said: "I was in the house in Farndon and Burrell ran outside to the back of the house. He was quite frantic. He came from next doors house carrying a bin liner that he then set on fire.
"He set fire to it. It was papers. All I could see was papers. I was two metres away while he was doing the burning."
He added: "I could see typed and hand written paper. But I couldn't read it. Some documents appeared to be typed on an old fashioned typewriter."
(The court has heard evidence that all correspondence sent by Prince Philip to Princess Diana was typed on an old fashioned typewriter. )
"I saw him going to and from his house with bin bags full of paperwork that he was taking into the garden to burn and he was making sure it was thoroughly burned," he told the inquest.

Find this story at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=537048&in_page_id=1770

Twist on last day of Diana evidence
By Lucy Rodgers
BBC News http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7303554.stm

It seemed the last day of evidence in the inquests into the deaths of Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed was going to be rather mundane.
After the headline-making appearances at the Royal Courts of Justice of Dodi's father, Mohamed, and former royal butler Paul Burrell, it appeared to be a day of tying up loose ends.

The morning was taken up with discussions centering on a vial of blood taken from driver Henri Paul after the fatal Paris car crash on 31 August 1997, which killed Mr Paul, along with Diana, 36, and Dodi, 42. The blood sample taken from Mr Paul's body - showing his blood-alcohol level was twice the drink-drive limit for UK motorists - has been long disputed.

Some experts have told the inquest they question whether the blood samples tested came from him at all.
But under discussion on the final day of evidence was whether the vial of blood taken from Mr Paul arrived for a second set of tests at the laboratory of Dr Veronique Dumestre-Toulet with its seal "intact".
The jury was shown paperwork which appeared to show it had, while other documents appeared to show otherwise.

Getaway plans
The court also heard from Mr Frederic Lucard, who was working as an assistant doorman at the Ritz Hotel in Paris on the night of the crash and who was one of those who witnessed Diana and Dodi's now familiar final movements.
He described to the court how he had become involved in the couple's getaway plans after being asked to drive their Mercedes to the back of the hotel, ready for them to make their escape from waiting photographers at the front.
"I opened the door to the driver's side and kept the engine running," he said.

It will not be hours and it will not be weeks, so I shall do my best
Lord Justice Scott Baker on his summing-up

He told the jury Mr Paul had said "I'm going to take the wheel" before he warned what appeared to be nearby paparazzi on motorcycles "Don't try to follow us, you won't be able to catch up."
Mr Lucard said Mr Paul then drove off "very fast".
But drama returned once again to Court 73 with news that lawyers for Mohamed Al Fayed were applying to the High Court to overturn a decision not to call the Duke of Edinburgh and to give evidence at the inquest.
Mr Al Fayed has long argued Prince Philip and MI6 were behind a plot to murder Diana and his son.
However, his application for judicial review, lodged on Monday night, was rejected before the President of the Queen's Bench Division, Sir Igor Judge, with Mr Justice Walker and Mr Justice Cross.
But while this appeared to end any hopes Mr Fayed had of calling Prince Philip to the witness box, it was not the last the court heard from Mr Fayed.
'Not a liar'
He was recalled to give evidence during the afternoon session to clarify an earlier statement he had made to the court on 18 February saying he had won a "case" in another legal matter. The jury was told the ruling had not, in fact, been available for another 10 days.
Mr Fayed, who was not resworn as he remained under oath, told the court he had not meant he had won the case, but had won the right to an appeal.
He added that he did not accept that he should be called "a liar" because of this. "I would like an apology. It seems unacceptable to call me a liar in front of the jury."
However the coroner, Lord Justice Scott Baker, left it to the jury to make up their own minds given Mr Fayed's explanation.
With all evidence now seen and heard, the coroner sent the jury in the five-month-long inquest away until March 31. But not before he gave them a warning to be prepared for his detailed summing-up to be a lengthy precis of what they had witnessed in the past few months. "It will not be hours and it will not be weeks, so I shall do my best," he said.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/7303554.stm

Published: 2008/03/18 19:20:25 GMT

© BBC

Last edited:
at first you wonder about the names of some of these people involved in these proceedings...it would seem like if this were a novel, the novelist would say the names are too tongue in cheek to use..

and the chilling thing here...proof that official documents can disagree with each other...they can lie...

and more chilling...this trend for high profile figures that die...the people considred to be behind the cause of their deaths seems always to be a subject of debate...a mystery...

Back