Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 58 USD (31%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 141 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2855

Thread: Christian Members

No-Body

Default the true meaning of JOY

I'd like to share with you all some Bible quotes and comments i actually shared with a friend of mine really early this year on January 5th. I sent this to my friend after they had betrayed my trust in a verry cruel way. At that point i didn't even know the true extent of the deceit, but i would shortly after.

The first one was related to the reading of the mass for that day and the other was the reflection for January 5th in the day brightener i had on my desk at work. One ended with joy, the other explained it. I've always loved these 'coincidences'.

I remember takin' quite some time to put it all together and doin' it late mornin'/noon at work (somethin' which i never did; private messaging at work) where i had to put on a brave face, take care of busy bizz as usual when on the inside i was falling apart. That's when my second career and my greatest calling - playin' the clown began and quite frankly i haven't stopped being the clown and the fool ever since. One of these days though i might fill in my resignation and try and look for some of that reasonable happiness one can have in this lifetime while waiting for the true joy in the eternal one.

We have passed from death to life because we love our brothers.

Reading from the first letter of the Apostle John (3,11-21)

Beloved, the news you heard from the beginning it is to love one another, not as Cain did, which was under the dominion of the Evil and killed his brother. And what to kill? Because his deeds were evil and his brother were the best. No wonder, brethren, if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers, who does not love his brother remains in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.By that I knew love: that He gave His life for us. We therefore our duty to give our lives for our brothers. If someone, having the world's, leading sees his brother missing and his heart close to him, how can the love of God remain in him? My children not only about love and language, but indeed the facts.Thus doing, we know that we will know the truth and to God rest our hearts, in vain we would be condmned our heart, God is greater than our heart and knows all. Beloved, if our heart doesn't condemn us, we are safe with God.

And this was the commentary:

There are so many things interesting and instructive in the liturgy of this day. The First Letter of John we see the revelation of God to love us and wish on us. By this we know love: "He gave his life for us." The result is unexpected for us, but it is God's logic. We think, if he gave his life for us, and we owe to give our lives for him. And this is right. But the apostle, inspired by the Holy Spirit, says otherwise: "So we are duty bound to give our lives for our brothers".

This is characteristic of the New Testament: the insistence on the dynamics of love, not limiting it or stop it from ourselves in some sort of intimate indulgence. God loves us because we communicate, because we accompany the dynamism of his love. And who closes his heart does not enter into this dynamic.

Another point of elevation are reflections upon Cain, the murderer himself, in some sense, before the killer of Abel. Cain yes, he killed Abel, but could not deprive him of love of God, in contrast, Cain, killed, destroyed the divine life itself: is the killer of his life and love. "Whoever hates his brother he is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

We live because God's life enters into us, and love that we send brothers is made more generous with the gift of God himself, which is fullness of life and joy.

Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. (John 16:24)

Joy is more than merriment, more than happiness, and more than the other myriad of human expressions and experiences we use to describe happy fulfillment. Joy includes them all, but trandscends them by leagues.

Joy is the certainty that whatever leashes your life to less than love, or whatever has stained your soul with shame or failure has been neutralized by the one power that can free and forgive us all – the living Christ.

As i said to my friend at the end of the message

Therefore, I wish you JOY - the kind only Christ can provide.

In spite of everything that has taken place then and all that has followed i still love and wish my friend well and i really hope they reach that kind of joy, the same i wish to all of you.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Hello Guys,

This is a thread for believers. I understand we all have our own opinion. But if you do not believe in JC please respect the OP and do not use this thread as a place to debate.

Thank you.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Yes I do believe in Jesus Christ is a messenger of God, The Almighty.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I got a job. Many of my co-workers are Christians.
    Christmas is just around the corner! Time flies!!!
    Have a great weekend listening to 'Michael' and working for your church.
    Amen
    BTS 방탄소년단 Suga 슈가 + Kookie 정국

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Gay Vicar, 65, to 'Marry' Nigerian Male Model [Less Than] Half His Age

Rev Coward plans to refuse the request that he remain celibate

To former vicar Colin Coward, it is nothing short of a marriage made in heaven. But the 65-year-old is expected to raise a few traditional eyebrows when he walks down the aisle with the man in his life – a 25-year-old Nigerian model called Bobby.

Mr Coward and his African partner are due to hold a civil partnership later this year, followed by a service at the vicar’s church, St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire.

The couple met at a Christian conference three years ago, and are planning to make their relationship official in a few weeks’ time.

The pair describe themselves as 'deeply committed Christians' and say they are determined to have the church service

Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, a fashion designer and model, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothes shop. Currently in the UK on a holiday visa, he and his ‘husband-to-be’ are waiting for the green light from the Borders Agency, which has requested details of their relationship and residency.

This is expected to be a formality but the ‘marriage’ cannot go ahead until permission is granted. Mr Egbele, who will then become a British citizen, said yesterday: ‘I’m excited about the wedding and that people are interested in it.

‘We want it to be a public thing to inspire other people, but a marriage is also private so that feels a bit strange.’

Mr Coward, who is no longer employed by the Church but still has permission to preach, added that he hopes their public commitment will set an example to other gay people within the Anglican community.

Mr Coward, who lives with Mr Egbele in the Wiltshire village of Marston, said: ‘My goal is for everyone within the Church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.

‘It is a taboo subject but the Church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future. '

‘Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror. But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.‘

'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.’

Reverend Colin Coward fell in love with Nigerian model Bobby Egbele after they met at a Christian conference in Togo in 2007. The pair plan to tie the knot in October

Mr Coward, a former architect and now a gay campaigner, met Mr Egbele in 2007 at a Christian conference in Togo, West Africa, and the pair got engaged earlier this year.

The men are due to ‘marry’ on October 9 at the Register Office in Devizes before having a service at St John the Baptist church.

However, the service will not be a blessing, which is forbidden by the Anglican hierarchy for homosexual couples. But Stephen Green, director of campaign group Christian Voice, yesterday described Mr Coward’s marriage ‘an abomination before God’.

Mr Green added: ‘Mr Coward is just an emotionally disturbed man trying to inflict his predilections on the rest of the Church I fail to recognise him as a Christian because he doesn’t keep the commandments of Lord Jesus.’ A spokesman for the Diocese of Salisbury confirmed it has permitted the service to go ahead but described it as ‘separate’ from the civil ceremony.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-half-age.html
    Michael, thank you for the music, the moves, the magic, and the memories.

"He invariably favors misdirection over confrontation." - Sean Ambrose
    "By deception thou shalt make war." - Mossad motto
    "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it." - Lenin
    "The idle jabbers . . . they're the backstabbers." - Michael Jackson

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I hope you're not trying to start something with the above story, like blaming the Christian church or the Christian Bible's perspective on homosexuality. This should be a peaceful thread.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shabuya View Post
    I heard its not doing to well at the box office, my family saw the first one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent M View Post
    However, the service will not be a blessing, which is forbidden by the Anglican hierarchy for homosexual couples. But Stephen Green, director of campaign group Christian Voice, yesterday described Mr Coward’s marriage ‘an abomination before God’.

Mr Green added: ‘Mr Coward is just an emotionally disturbed man trying to inflict his predilections on the rest of the Church I fail to recognise him as a Christian because he doesn’t keep the commandments of Lord Jesus.’ A spokesman for the Diocese of Salisbury confirmed it has permitted the service to go ahead but described it as ‘separate’ from the civil ceremony.

Exactly you cant be Christian and Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    I hope you're not trying to start something with the above story, like blaming the Christian church or the Christian Bible's perspective on homosexuality. This should be a peaceful thread.
    i'm pretty sure he's just informing us.
    "Wipe them out, all of them." " . . . if they're not all destoryed, it will be civil war without end." "Do What Must Be Done, Lord Vader. Do Not Hesitate. Show No Mercy."
    Everything for my 3 girls.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent M View Post
    Gay Vicar, 65, to 'Marry' Nigerian Male Model [Less Than] Half His Age

Rev Coward plans to refuse the request that he remain celibate

To former vicar Colin Coward, it is nothing short of a marriage made in heaven. But the 65-year-old is expected to raise a few traditional eyebrows when he walks down the aisle with the man in his life – a 25-year-old Nigerian model called Bobby.

Mr Coward and his African partner are due to hold a civil partnership later this year, followed by a service at the vicar’s church, St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire.

The couple met at a Christian conference three years ago, and are planning to make their relationship official in a few weeks’ time.

The pair describe themselves as 'deeply committed Christians' and say they are determined to have the church service

Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, a fashion designer and model, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothes shop. Currently in the UK on a holiday visa, he and his ‘husband-to-be’ are waiting for the green light from the Borders Agency, which has requested details of their relationship and residency.

This is expected to be a formality but the ‘marriage’ cannot go ahead until permission is granted. Mr Egbele, who will then become a British citizen, said yesterday: ‘I’m excited about the wedding and that people are interested in it.

‘We want it to be a public thing to inspire other people, but a marriage is also private so that feels a bit strange.’

Mr Coward, who is no longer employed by the Church but still has permission to preach, added that he hopes their public commitment will set an example to other gay people within the Anglican community.

Mr Coward, who lives with Mr Egbele in the Wiltshire village of Marston, said: ‘My goal is for everyone within the Church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.

‘It is a taboo subject but the Church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future. '

‘Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror. But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.‘

'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.’

Reverend Colin Coward fell in love with Nigerian model Bobby Egbele after they met at a Christian conference in Togo in 2007. The pair plan to tie the knot in October

Mr Coward, a former architect and now a gay campaigner, met Mr Egbele in 2007 at a Christian conference in Togo, West Africa, and the pair got engaged earlier this year.

The men are due to ‘marry’ on October 9 at the Register Office in Devizes before having a service at St John the Baptist church.

Leviticus 18
    22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Romans 1
    26" Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error "

1 Corinthians 6
    9 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

This is what the Bible says about homosexuality
    No judgement here from me only quotations

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Here in Finland there has been a lot of discussion in media during this fall/winter about homos' rights. There was show where they talked about that and people got angry and over 50 000 people have left church in two months (two months ago the show aired).

I'd just quote the Bible. I don't want argue with anyone now.

It's Christmas! God bless all of you! :)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

There's nothing wrong to quote the Bible

What we only can do is not to hate them or despise them.......IMO
    BTS 방탄소년단 Suga 슈가 + Kookie 정국

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous2000watts View Post
    There's nothing wrong to quote the Bible

What we only can do is not to hate them or despise them.......IMO

True..

Praying is the only option for this, really.

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks

May God bless you all and Merry Christmas for everyone! :hug:
    MISSING YOU BADLY

Consulting detective
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Community Award

Level
    Thanks

Merry Christmas and God bless ya all :group:
    ~Atque in perpetuum frater, ave atque vale~

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Happy Holidays to all.

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 250 Posts

hey everybody hope for u all to have a great christmas, God Bless each and every one of you :)