Free Speech

Arabian Knight

Proud Member
Reference to my comments on this thread: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48025&page=11

I feel I owe an explanation towards my remarks when I said “Free Speech doesn’t Apply here”. Especially that some of you may feel offended by my remarks when freedom of speech is under our human rights.

When I said what I said it doesn’t mean it has anything to do with my inherited background and from where I come from. I was trying to make a point that “negative” freedom of speech is not applicable on the MJ fan club and community I was trying to make a point about negativity on the site, however the way I put it offended people and I do admit that I wasn’t careful in using the term “Free Speech” in the right place, freedom means a lot to you and it means a lot to me too.

I don’t want to offend anyone and I hope my thoughts are not interpreted in a wrong way.

I don't think people were downing u about the freedom of speech part. Its the fact that any NEGATIVE freedom of speech...not being allowed isn't really productive for any community.

Reference to my comments on this thread: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48025&page=11

I feel I owe an explanation towards my remarks when I said “Free Speech doesn’t Apply here”. Especially that some of you may feel offended by my remarks when freedom of speech is under our human rights.

When I said what I said it doesn’t mean it has anything to do with my inherited background and from where I come from. I was trying to make a point that “negative” freedom of speech is not applicable on the MJ fan club and community I was trying to make a point about negativity on the site, however the way I put it offended people and I do admit that I wasn’t careful in using the term “Free Speech” in the right place, freedom means a lot to you and it means a lot to me too.

I don’t want to offend anyone and I hope my thoughts are not interpreted in a wrong way.
I knew what you meant and you didn't offend me anyway. Besides you were being emphatic defending Michael and may have gotten carried away with your wording. I almost jumped in and defended you but then with my track record in that thread I may have made it worse. Ha!

I wouldn't worry about it. You mentioned once about not knowing how people would accept you considering who you were or where you were from but you might be surprised how many members here are from the mideast or originally from the mideast. This is truly an international board. These days being American is as likely to get a negative comment as anything else. :D

I think your concern is nice though even if it isn't necessary.

I don't think people were downing u about the freedom of speech part. Its the fact that any NEGATIVE freedom of speech...not being allowed isn't really productive for any community.

And you are 100% correct. IMO it really depends on how do you define “negative” and how it is delivered to the audience, I believe that what makes a difference is in treating it as negative or not.

IMO that this place should not be negative in a way that it should not be disrespectful to Michael Jackson, I will not use my freedom to disrespect anyone.

Last edited:
I knew what you meant and you didn't offend me anyway. Besides you were being emphatic defending Michael and may have gotten carried away with your wording. I almost jumped in and defended you but then with my track record in that thread I may have made it worse. Ha!

I wouldn't worry about it. You mentioned once about not knowing how people would accept you considering who you were or where you were from but you might be surprised how many members here are from the mideast or originally from the mideast. This is truly an international board. These days being American is as likely to get a negative comment as anything else. :D

I think your concern is nice though even if it isn't necessary.

Thank you for your comments

Arabian Knight I just gave you reputation points for opening this thread.

I think I also got where you were coming from in the other one already.
As eternity I like the fact that you're talking about your concern.

Freedom of speech indeed is a right.

Me as a german I've learned through the history of my country that like every right it can be used but as well abused or misused.
We have to be aware of that.
We have to carefully define terms like positivity/negativity, also respect/disrespect.

The way you did I think is one possible perfect way. It's best to make it a topic and collect ppls opinion.

This way we get the chance to learn from eachother and that's to me priceless as Michael Jackson is able to bring such a colorful fanbase together, ppl from all over the world, different cultures etc.
But well it needs the willingness to be more open and less judgemental.

This way Arabian Knight thanks for being here, thanks for actively taking part on this forum and finally thanks for this thread! :flowers:

When I said what I said it doesn’t mean it has anything to do with my inherited background and from where I come from.
7abibneh, like Mechi said, i wouldn't worry about where you come from or your cultural heritage here. MJ fans are arguably the most diverse in the world. plus you're already residing in the most culturally diverse and international place on the planet anyway
mf_arab.gif
shiny.gif

Arabian Knight I just gave you reputation points for opening this thread.

I think I also got where you were coming from in the other one already.
As eternity I like the fact that you're talking about your concern.

Freedom of speech indeed is a right.

Me as a german I've learned through the history of my country that like every right it can be used but as well abused or misused.
We have to be aware of that.
We have to carefully define terms like positivity/negativity, also respect/disrespect.

The way you did I think is one possible perfect way. It's best to make it a topic and collect ppls opinion.

This way we get the chance to learn from eachother and that's to me priceless as Michael Jackson is able to bring such a colorful fanbase together, ppl from all over the world, different cultures etc.
But well it needs the willingness to be more open and less judgemental.

This way Arabian Knight thanks for being here, thanks for actively taking part on this forum and finally thanks for this thread! :flowers:

Thank you Mechi I really appreciate it

7abibneh, like Mechi said, i wouldn't worry about where you come from or your cultural heritage here. MJ fans are arguably the most diverse in the world. plus you're already residing in the most culturally diverse and international place on the planet anyway
mf_arab.gif
shiny.gif

Thanks! Excellent point! That is very true, in Dubai we have a very divers community that’s why I feel I need to be careful about what I say on an international site such as this one I feel sensitive about this issue.

Mashkoor… ;)

Back