Which rapper(s) should feature on Michael's new album?

Which rapper(s) should feature on MJ's new album?

• Chuck D/Flava Flav

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Snoop Dogg

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • Ice Cube

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Dr. Dre

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Eminem

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • 50 Cent

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Mos Def

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • Jay-Z

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 40 29.6%

• Total voters

Bob George

Proud Member
Since Vincent Price "rapped" at the end of Thriller, Michael has been featuring short verses (you could say "cameos") by famous rappers in his music. If he, and I'm pretty sure he will, features some rappers on his new album, who would you like them to be?

Should it be someone currently popular/high-selling like Jay-Z, Eminem or 50 Cent. A rap veteran/legend like Chuck D & Flava Flav, Snoop Doog, Ice Cube or Dr. Dre. A clean rapper like Will Smith. Someone in some way related to MJ like Mos Def (his first acting role was in Ghosts). Or someone I didn't mention?

p.s. You can select more than one option in the poll.

p.s.s. I can't edit the poll, but if I could I'd change Mos Def to Mos Def/Talib Kweli (aka Black Star).

Last edited:
i'm not too big on rapping in an MJ album but ONE of Q-Tip, Mos Def, Common and Talib.

more about the substance than style

but knowing Mike, he'll go for someone like Jay-Z.

i'm not too big on rapping in an MJ album but ONE of Q-Tip, Mos Def, Common and Talib.
All those guys are great, especially Mos Def and Talib Kweli. But you're right. I don't think Mike would go for any of those guys. He's more likely to go for the Jay-Z type. He'd probably just feature a rapper for namesake. So the actual talent of that rapper wouldn't matter too much. Unfortunately.

With no disrespect...

I think Mr. Jackson should stay away from the rap...and get back to the classic dance/pop/rock beat...

Common would be my 1st pick..... my favourite rapper.

then probably Talib Kweli, he's mentioned him positively on a couple of tracks.

Kanye West, bit of dumb u didnt put him in the poll cuz he's like the biggest rapper of these days...

COMMON.

Will Smith too.

Jay z too i guess, but didn't he already work with MJ?

I think he should give LL Cool J another go around too. :lol:

Last edited:
please not jay-z. now that i think about i should have voted for will smith, hes done some tight tracks

50 cent, I really like him for his relaxed attitude and relaxed rapping, he is really cool imo and he is also called Jackson as his last name so that would just be funny :D haha but I don't think that Michael needs to collaborate at all, he is at his best when he is on his own! :D

50 Cent? Relaxed attitude? Relaxed rapping?

Woooooooooow lol

Actually I think Snoop Dogg really has a relaxed style but that's partially because I think he's high 95% of the time :lol:

Jokes aside, I like snoop's style...sometimes.

Last edited:
With no disrespect...

I think Mr. Jackson should stay away from the rap...and get back to the classic dance/pop/rock beat...

Agreed. Rap is crap. I think Michael can put out a hit song without that stuff.

COMMON.

Will Smith too.

Jay z too i guess, but didn't he already work with MJ?

I think he should give LL Cool J another go around too. :lol:
He's already worked with Will Smith also, MJ was in Men In Black II, lol.

None. Michael Jackson doesn't need to include cheesy rap lines to make a good album.

But if he has to, I guess maybe Jay-Z?

Last edited:
Will Smith looks like the victor here. Mike, give the dude a call. Seriously, I'd so much rather Will Smith than will.i.am. I don't want to hear will.i.am shouting "they way I rock with the king of pop... will.i.am non stop" all over every song on the album.

Last edited:
Please, please, please no more guest raps. Mike did it to death. It was okay on one or two tracks on Dangerous but by Invincible it was overkill.

Really. the only real raps on Invincible were the first 3 tracks (not including Threatened). Dangerous also had about 3 raps...Jam, She Drives Me Wild, and Black Or White

I'd still go with OutKast, they're different from all the rest.

I don't think there should be any rappers on the new album. I'm not a fan of rap music at all, and I hoped for an album just with Michael.

Can't win them all, eh?

:)

Back