Cocky quotes from musicians

Bob George

Proud Member
"We're not arrogant. We just believe we're the best band in the world."
-- Noel Gallagher of Oasis

"I'm the No. 1 artist in the world right now ... I am the No. 1 human being in music."
-- Kanye West

"We're more popular than Jesus now."
-- John Lennon

"Every other band should be wiping my ass. The line forms over there to the left."
-- Gene Simmons

"I am the innovator. I am the originator. I am the emancipator. I am the architect of rock 'n' roll!"
-- Little Richard

"I'm gonna go down in history as being one of the best music men and businessmen in entertainment ... The people that I'm going to be greater than are Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Clive Davis."
-- Diddy

"In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best."
-- Mariah Carey

"I've outdone anyone you can name -- Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Strauss. Irving Berlin, he wrote 1,001 tunes. I wrote 5,500."
-- James Brown

"I'm not a woman. I'm a force of nature."
-- Courtney Love

"If you put a Van Halen album in your record collection it will melt all the rest of your records."
-- David Lee Roth

"Trying to seduce an audience is the basis of rock 'n' roll, and if I may say so, I'm pretty good at it."
-- Jon Bon Jovi

"I'm tired of people calling me a devil worshipper ... Because if the Devil did exist, he'd be worshipping me."
-- Marilyn Manson

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."
-- Freddie Mercury

"I am a thing of beauty."
-- Frank Sinatra

"The Grammys used me for ratings. And they were up 18 percent!"
-- Justin Timberlake

"I am the most well-known homosexual in the world."
-- Elton John

"I won't be happy until I'm as famous as God."
-- Madonna

"This album is one of the best albums in the past 20 years."
-- Brandon Flowers of the Killers on 'Sam's Town'

"We're kind of an international phenomenon."
-- Michael Stipe

"I have a look that girls want to copy."
-- Avril Lavigne

know of any more?....

Last edited:
kanye west is too damn arrogant. i bet he doesnt even know what the word "humble" means

I could never say something like that about myself if I was famous because I would always feel that nobody was better than mj, and because arrogance turns alot of ppl off, and if the whole wold heard me say something arrogant, it wouldn't help me at all.

It's just about image and attention, it's showbusiness after all.

And I don't see how any of these quotes can be worse than having a several foot high statue of yourself erected in Eastern Europe. ;)

And I don't see how any of these quotes can be worse than having a several foot high statue of yourself erected in Eastern Europe. ;)

This thread is about musicians' cocky quotes, not about ironic remarks alluding to Michael. If you have a cocky quotation from him, you are free to post it. Until then, I don't see the purpose in your confortably comparing quotes with actions just like that, out of the blue, which means it was uncalled for.

Last edited:
This thread is about the musicians' cocky quotes, not about ironic remarks alluding to Michael. If you have a cocky quote from him, you are free to post it. I don't see the purpose in your comparing those quotes with actions just like that, out of the blue, which means it was uncalled for.

well said, Alma

See michael doesen't say these thing becuase, look at all those quotes, they're proven to be false or just stupid. Michael is humble. A true artist he is. :)

EDIT: About the statue thing, well he certanly has deserved.

Last edited:

you've answered for yourself
and there were not only in the Eastern Europe as far as I know

Last edited:
OMG... I can't believe how arrogant they can be. These kind of things make me never wanna listen to them again. Michael has never said anything similar to these... Especially the one that Kanye said, or Oasis, who are BTW so over-rated I have no comment. Best band in the world my ass, tell me 3 of their songs that EVERYBODY knows (except Wonderwall)

I assume Diamond Dave wasn't talking about a Van Hagar record, lol.

lol, good point. I actually tried to think of 3 songs that most people would have heard of, except Wonderwall, and all I could think of was possibly Don't Look Back in Anger.

well , yeah, exactly!

the most popular band in the world would probably be The Beatles or Rolling Stones. Even my grandma knows of them I think.

Well,she doesn't...

But she knows of Michael :D

GREAT thread by the way.

Last edited:
IMO true artists should never have to big up themselves. If the music is great then it will speek for itself.

"BOW DOWN BEFORE ME, for I am the King of Pop, Rock AND SOUL!!!! hee hee aow"
Michael Joe Jackson

:8-25-03angel_not: :p

"I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." Freddie Mercury :lol:

Kanye West, Justin Timberlake and Madonna really shocked me....but the one that i found offensive was from James Brown............OUTDONE MOZART??!?! WHAT THE ....????

I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir. ~ David Bowie

Wish they could take my longevity and bottle it. ~ LL Cool J

I think I'm a focus for international attention. ~ Sting

U2 is an original species... there are colours and feelings and emotional terrain that we occupy that is ours and ours alone. ~ Bono

There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. ~ Barry White

I wrote and produced millions and millions of selling records, so my publishing company alone was worth millions of dollars. I didn't have to work anymore in life because when the rappers started sampling... I'm the most sampled artist in history. ~ Rick James

By tapping into the sounds of each decade and creating unique ways to tell these stories, we're confirming our commitment to being the destination for adults who are passionate about music. ~ Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes

I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir. ~ David Bowie

Wish they could take my longevity and bottle it. ~ LL Cool J

I think I'm a focus for international attention. ~ Sting

U2 is an original species... there are colours and feelings and emotional terrain that we occupy that is ours and ours alone. ~ Bono

There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. ~ Barry White

I wrote and produced millions and millions of selling records, so my publishing company alone was worth millions of dollars. I didn't have to work anymore in life because when the rappers started sampling... I'm the most sampled artist in history. ~ Rick James

By tapping into the sounds of each decade and creating unique ways to tell these stories, we're confirming our commitment to being the destination for adults who are passionate about music. ~ Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes

I don't find anything arrogant about what Barry White said. And as far as Rick James, I thought he was hillarious to be honest :lol:. I'm not bothered by what he said at all lol, his arrogance was part of his charm.

Cocky lines rule. Unless they're really fruity like that hippie ass U2 quote. Who talks like that?

I don't find anything arrogant about what Barry White said. And as far as Rick James, I thought he was hillarious to be honest :lol:. I'm not bothered by what he said at all lol, his arrogance was part of his charm.

yeah I liked the Barry White quote as well. he was a legend. shame he is gone... :(

OMG... I can't believe how arrogant they can be. These kind of things make me never wanna listen to them again. Michael has never said anything similar to these... Especially the one that Kanye said, or Oasis, who are BTW so over-rated I have no comment. Best band in the world my ass, tell me 3 of their songs that EVERYBODY knows (except Wonderwall)

Oasis's 1st two albums are gold.

you have to remember that alot of these quotes are just to pissed off and annoy the interviewer or journalist.

Alot of the time the questions they are given are just stupid.

"If someone had told me I would be getting the Artist of the Millennium Award, I would never have believed it"
-- Michael Jackson
:lol:

"Trying to seduce an audience is the basis of rock 'n' roll, and if I may say so, I'm pretty good at it."
-- Jon Bon Jovi
Love It.... :wub:

Last edited:
Back