Carlos SANTANA!!!!!!!!

Santana is a Living Legend!!!
He's the man, IMO better than Hendrix, it does help too that he's latin like me :p

Santana is a Living Legend!!!
He's the man, IMO better than Hendrix, it does help too that he's latin like me :p

I just love Oye Como Va. Every time I hear it, I start dancing...something comes over me...kinda like what happens whenever I hear MJ....

I'm going to see Santana next July.. I'm so excited..!!

Last edited:
He's coming to my City in July too, I'm planing to see him then :yes:

he's awsome..

I really hope MJ and him do something else for the new album together..

I don't care for much of Santana's work except for two projects:

- Abraxas from 1970. Possibly one of the best LPs in my collection. The best thing about it is the unique fusion of Cuban son, jazz, psychedelic rock with funk and soul. I especially love it when he goes hard on the Cuban rhythms:

m9661h.jpg

Oye Como Va

- And his collaboration with Wayne Shorter, Patrice Rushen and Chester Thompson in the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1988:

Carlos was on Dancing With The Stars last night with India.Arie.
[youtube]ECPlRBr0w6E[/youtube]

Listen to Santana’s New Single, ‘Anywhere You Want to Go’
By Dave Lifton, February 1, 2016 Ultimate Classic Rock
12510439_10153748062412906_5340584289588274374_n.jpg

After having teased the public for three years, the first fruits of Santana IV, the album that reunites most of the original Santana band have been released. You can listen to the first single, “Anywhere You Want to Go”.

The song bears the hallmarks of a classic Santana song, with a chord progression that evokes “Oye Como Va” and “Evil Ways.” In addition to providing the vocals, Gregg Rolie, who wrote the track, delivers an organ solo and there’s plenty of Carlos Santana‘s distinctive lead guitar, with some help from Neal Schon of Journey, who first gained fame as a member of Santana.

Santana IV, which arrives April 15, marks the first album with Santana, Rolie, Schon, drummer Michael Shrieve and percussionist Michael Carabello since 1971’s Santana III. Carabello left after that record, and Schon and Rolie formed Journey after their 1972 follow-up, Caravanserai. Shrieve’s last effort with Santana was Borboletta in 1974. Benny Rietveld (bass) and Karl Perazzo (percussion) round out the lineup in place of, respectively, David Brown, who died in 2000, and Jose “Chepito” Areas.

“When you can go back and break new ground with joy and determination – and some whoop-ass energy – it gets you going,” Santana said about the new release. “I think we achieved something very rare. This music was screaming to come out of us. It wasn’t about nostalgia. It was about passion.”

As of now, Santana and Journey have three concerts scheduled: April 13 at New York’s Madison Square Garden, April 15 at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT., and the PPL Center in Allentown, Pa., on April 16.

After having teased the public for three years, the first fruits of Santana IV, the album that reunites most of the original Santana band have been released. You can listen to the first single, “Anywhere You Want to Go,” above.

The song bears the hallmarks of a classic Santana song, with a chord progression that evokes “Oye Como Va” and “Evil Ways.” In addition to providing the vocals, Gregg Rolie, who wrote the track, delivers an organ solo and there’s plenty of Carlos Santana‘s distinctive lead guitar, with some help from Neal Schon of Journey, who first gained fame as a member of Santana.

Santana IV, which arrives April 15, marks the first album with Santana, Rolie, Schon, drummer Michael Shrieve and percussionist Michael Carabello since 1971’s Santana III. Carabello left after that record, and Schon and Rolie formed Journey after their 1972 follow-up, Caravanserai. Shrieve’s last effort with Santana was Borboletta in 1974. Benny Rietveld (bass) and Karl Perazzo (percussion) round out the lineup in place of, respectivley, David Brown, who died in 2000, and Jose “Chepito” Areas.

“When you can go back and break new ground with joy and determination – and some whoop-ass energy – it gets you going,” Santana said about the new release. “I think we achieved something very rare. This music was screaming to come out of us. It wasn’t about nostalgia. It was about passion.”

As of now, Santana and Journey have three concerts scheduled: April 13 at New York’s Madison Square Garden, April 15 at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT., and the PPL Center in Allentown, Pa., on April 16.

http://www.santana.com
<iframe src="https://www.iheart.com/widget/?showId=23396745&episodeId=27437615" frameborder="0" height="224" width="398"></iframe>

new Carlos documetary trailer (September 29, 2023)
At the age of 5, in his native Mexico, he learned to play the violin. At 8, he developed a lifelong love for the guitar. At 14, he honed those guitar virtuoso skills and his performance style by working as a street musician, starting his own band long after, while still a teenager. And at 22 — just before his first album was released to acclaim — Carlos Santana became one of the major discoveries of Woodstock, anchoring the famous festival’s second afternoon on August 16, 1969.

A music industry legend for 50 years and a 10-time Grammy-winning global sensation, Santana continues to be one of the music world’s premiere artists, blending jazz, blues, and the Mariachi sound with a rock n’ roll spirituality and a sense of music’s primal connection to our deepest emotions.

The electric documentary CARLOS utilizes new interviews with Santana and his family alongside extraordinary, never-before-seen archival footage — including home video recordings Santana himself made, concert footage, and behind- the-scenes moments. Two-time Emmy-winning director Rudy Valdez creates an intimate, rich documentary about a man whose sound casts a magical spell on his fans around the world.

Back