Best THE JACKSONS (incl. MJ) album?

Whats your favourite THE JACKSONS album (incl. MJ)?

• The Jacksons (1976)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Goin' Places (1977)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Destiny (1978)

Votes: 44 30.6%
  • Triumph (1980)

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • Victory (1984)

Votes: 23 16.0%

• Total voters

Triumph

Proud Member
to me TRIUMPH stands way above all the others.
its on nearly the same classy production level as Off The Wall and Thriller.
the Jacksons albums before all have a bigger amount of cheese in it
and after it the Victory album just seems like a collection of pieces
that dont really fit together well. (cause michael wasnt too much involved i guess).

the video THE TRIUMPH (can you feel it) is also a piece of artistic genius...
i like this more than many of MJs solo videos.
i wish this was released on DVD in FULL length (in all recordings ive seen theres
always something missing.. wether its the intro or very last bit of the ultra long outro).

can you feeeeeel iiiiit?? :D

ps:
does anyone have informations about that video?
who directed it etc?

Last edited:
Re: best THE JACKSONS (incl. MJ) album?

Destiny is my favorite Jacksons album. But I also really love the Triumph album.

Ive only got the best of the jacksons album of theres, im thinking of buying some others

Jackie x

cant choose :no:

Triumph because of Can You Feel It, Lovely One, Your Ways, and Heartbreak Hotel. Those four songs are among my favorite songs of all time.

Definitely Triumph. To me, it is the first album that really has that Michael Jackson sound. You can really hear the sound that would become Michael's sound as a solo artist. And it is with good reason....The previous Jacksons albums were all produced by Philadelphia producers Gamble & Huff. Triumph was the first album fully written and produced by The Jacksons. Michael actually wrote or co-wrote all but 3 songs and the ones he wrote were the hits/singles from the album.

Definitely Triumph. To me, it is the first album that really has that Michael Jackson sound. You can really hear the sound that would become Michael's sound as a solo artist. And it is with good reason....The previous Jacksons albums were all produced by Philadelphia producers Gamble & Huff. Triumph was the first album fully written and produced by The Jacksons. Michael actually wrote or co-wrote all but 3 songs and the ones he wrote were the hits/singles from the album.

yes, very michael'ish. :)

Gamble & Huff only produced the first two though.
i guess because Goin Places flopped?
Destiny was "produced and written by the jacksons" too (except blame it on the boogie)

Last edited:

What, no 2300 Jackson St?! lol
I choose Destiny.

Victory is the onlyone that I like the least.. All are great, Victory had TOO little of MJ in it..

Victory is the onlyone that I like the least.. All are great, Victory had TOO little of MJ in it..

That's because it's called The Jacksons, not a solo album. I like Victory, and I like the group. Personally I would prefer that a new Jacksons album were made than a solo MJ album.

^ No that's because Michael did not want to do the album in the first place..

All other MJ albums had MJ everywhere.. Victory hardly had him at all..

all i like about Victory are "State of Shock" and "Torture". great songs.
funny showroomdummy-michael in the Torture-video. :D

to me TRIUMPH stands way above all the others.
its on nearly the same classy production level as Off The Wall and Thriller.
the Jacksons albums before all have a bigger amount of cheese in it
and after it the Victory album just seems like a collection of pieces
that dont really fit together well. (cause michael wasnt too much involved i guess).

the video THE TRIUMPH (can you feel it) is also a piece of artistic genius...
i like this more than many of MJs solo videos.
i wish this was released on DVD in FULL length (in all recordings ive seen theres
always something missing.. wether its the intro or very last bit of the ultra long outro).

can you feeeeeel iiiiit?? :D

ps:
does anyone have informations about that video?
who directed it etc?

I agree on everything you said there. And about the video, I know that it was the jacksons directional debut, exactly who of all the brothers were involved in the thing, I have no idea, but I have a strong feeling that Mike was the top head no matter what, since he seems to be the one who always had a huge interest in movies...

^ No that's because Michael did not want to do the album in the first place..

All other MJ albums had MJ everywhere.. Victory hardly had him at all..
That's partly true (it was the tour that he REALLY didn't want to do), but the other brothers wanted to sing their own material also. They wanted to on earlier albums. To appease them, the producers would give them a line or two. It's the same as New Edition. The earlier stuff was mainly sung by Ralph Tresvant, but on later stuff, the leads were split. About 30-40 songs were recorded for the Victory album, but 8 were selected. Mike sings backup on all the songs except "Be Not Always" which has no backgrounds, so I don't know what you mean that he's hardly there. Mike, Tito, Marlon, & Jermaine all sang on Janet's "Don't Stand Another Chance" on her second album and also on a couple of songs on Jermaine's debut album on Arista which all came out around the same time period.

yet still outsold every other Jacksons album;)

I always sound like a bastard when responding to things like this, so sorry for that. But one of the big reasons that Victory went that well compared to the other jacksons albums was probably that Mike was getting worldwide attention for a change, with Thriller and all being released prior to Victory. Anything with his name at the time would sell. Probably could have sold a 20 year old sock with his name on it for a huge amount of $...

Aww man, no love for the album "The Jacksons"?:lol:. That album had some great songs like "Show You The Way To Go", "Good Times" and "Blues Away".

Gotta go with Triumph

TRIUMPH! omg i loooooooove it

Triumph is brilliant!!!:wub:
I also like Destiny..

Back