Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Michael Make a Political Statement in His New Album?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 939 Posts

Do you think it would be too risky for Michael Jackson to
    make a political statement in his new album?

He always has in the past. :huh:

I think he should say whatever the Hell he wants. :kickass2:
    God, I thank you for allowing Michael to continue to watch over his children:

Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket ("Bigi").

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 923 Posts

Michael should stay out of politics

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,335 Posts

NONE. Just make good music to sing and dance to.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

no, I don't think he will...he is trying to win back fans and the last thing he needs to do is piss someone off because of their believes...so, no...he will make good dancing music like Off The Wall and Thriller

now if you mean something like Why You Wanna Trip On Me...possibly
    <div align="center">BUY IT HERE</div>

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

If he wants to, sure. I have no problem with it.

Its his main channel to express his thought and feeling.

I have nothing against that.

I want Michael to create his music with no restiction and limitation.

Music is not just limited to theme related to love, and more love, and more love and sexual matter. Diversity shows more creativity and in Michael's case, its pure creative and genius.

One of the main reasons that attracted me to enter Michael Jackson's music land is diversity. I was 11 years old and already fedup listening to general music based on love as theme. There is more than just love that can be talked about in music. So it was no surprise that I was truly attracted to Smooth Criminal, Man In The Mirror, Tdcau and many more when I heard them for the first time. My salute and respect to Michael for having guts to create diversity in his music theme. Thank you.

Let it flow and free.

You laugh at me because I'm different. Well I laugh at you because you are all the same

----------------------------------------

I can't afford to hate anyone. I don't have that kind of time.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 939 Posts

I think the two of you are wrong.
    Michael Jackson has a lot to say, and he will say it in his music.
    His music, however, will be like the sound of Angels singing. :trytobeangel
    There are some things that just need to be said.
    "Only some of us are brave." Michael Jackson is one of them.
    God, I thank you for allowing Michael to continue to watch over his children:

Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket ("Bigi").

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I wouldn't doubt it I mean he expresses himself free History is FULL of Political statements and everbody was dancing to 2Bad Tabloid Junkie Scream you know?

Your influence is felt and they want you back!

My Blog!

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Michael Jackson has a lot to say, and he will say it in his music.

"Only some of us are brave." Michael Jackson one of them.
    [/b]
    :kickass2:

1958-
    The legacy lives on...

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

And how is this MJ news & current event??????????

to answer your question...No he won't.
    MJ fan For All Time,
    Eric H "Prince Of Pop"

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

In my opinion michael will make something like that

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Yes, without a doubt, if anything I expect it to be heavy with political statements. I expect Michael to let them have it.

Ghost_862

Not necessarily political.

But that's not to say some of it won't be angry. We might get another HIStory sort of album whereby there's a unifying theme, which is the way he's been percieved and treated throughout the past few years, but the music is diverse.

I loved HIStory because it was a themed piece and it really displayed his musical diversity. He can take a situation such as 1993 and from that he can pull something angry for the media, Scream, something sweet and emotional as an explanation, Childhood. Something classical, saddening and indicative of his own lost innocence, Little Susie. To take that one unifying theme and pull rock songs, classical music, ballads, funk, etc etc was a stroke of genius.

However, we should brace ourselves for negative criticism.

His back catalogue is so diverse, and his press generally so bad, that whatever he does they'll say he's repeating himself.
    If it's pop/disco sounding stuff, they'll say he's clinging to the past and trying to recapture his former glory. If it's angry and reflective, they'll say it's a rip-off of history. If he takes it in a new direction, they'll say he's desperately trying to lose his old image.

I think it was fairly evident over the past few years that MJ had lost interest in music to quite an extent, when you listen to the demos on TUC which generally tend to be formulaic and/or quite monotonous and bland.

But it seems now that MJ may have a new-found interest and excitement so I'm hoping he can make something we can all be proud of and recieve with celebratory attitudes. I'm looking forward to the MJNI launch parties and potential MJ days. The *possibility* of live performances and music videos. The hoopla around the new album release, which I hope he will build up and build up and promote like he's never promoted before.

Prince's 3121 was a fairly mediocre album. Some great tracks. Some incredibly dull and disinteresting tracks. Some OK tracks. But it was promoted fairly well prior to release with posters and the like and it went to number one in the US and on the European chart. This is despite Prince's terrible approach to promoting the album after it was released. He's made one or two live appearances on TV. Held a competition that nobody really knew about. And performed a series of incredibly dull and hugggely overpriced concerts whereby the majority of the set-list is performed by his startlingly mediocre protege, Tamar, and he just plays guitar for her. Even the Prince fans are unimpressed, and that's saying something.

It's been a three month demonstration of 'How Not To Promote An Album' and yet it's sold fairrly well, although the singles have absolutely bombed.

MJ always promoted himself well, although the statues were a bit OTT and made people think he was hugely egotistical.
    But the MJ approach, I would imagine, will be something very classy. Short, beautifully filmed teaser trailers in cinemas that don't even say MJ's name or the albm name or anything. Just something that lets people know it's MJ and let's them sit in their chairs with their spine tingling thinking 'wow'.
    Sometimes less is more. The "The King Of Pop Returns With A Sensational New Album' approach over videos of weeping fans from twenty years ago might annoy people a bit.

I would like to think, and very much hope, that MJ's new album and his approach to promotion will be an exercise in class and style. Something elegant and gorgerous rather than in your face. To get people talking.

Plus a tour obviously :P Haha!

So if Prince can sell that well despite his terrible promo, MJ could certainly pull something out of the hat and trounce Prince's sales, in my opinion, but I think there will have to be a lot of damage control and PR beforehand. Drip-feeding MJ to the public to let them get used to him and leave the trial behind to an extent before he starts promoting the album.

The new found vibrancy reflected by MJ's attitude of late will hopefully produce something spectacular that none of us were expecting, with any luck, in terms of not only music, but also video and performance.

Edit: Went slightly off topic. Sorry! LOL.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Not necessarily political.

But that's not to say some of it won't be angry. We might get another HIStory sort of album whereby there's a unifying theme, which is the way he's been percieved and treated throughout the past few years, but the music is diverse.

I loved HIStory because it was a themed piece and it really displayed his musical diversity. He can take a situation such as 1993 and from that he can pull something angry for the media, Scream, something sweet and emotional as an explanation, Childhood. Something classical, saddening and indicative of his own lost innocence, Little Susie. To take that one unifying theme and pull rock songs, classical music, ballads, funk, etc etc was a stroke of genius.

However, we should brace ourselves for negative criticism.

His back catalogue is so diverse, and his press generally so bad, that whatever he does they'll say he's repeating himself.
    If it's pop/disco sounding stuff, they'll say he's clinging to the past and trying to recapture his former glory. If it's angry and reflective, they'll say it's a rip-off of history. If he takes it in a new direction, they'll say he's desperately trying to lose his old image.

I think it was fairly evident over the past few years that MJ had lost interest in music to quite an extent, when you listen to the demos on TUC which generally tend to be formulaic and/or quite monotonous and bland.

But it seems now that MJ may have a new-found interest and excitement so I'm hoping he can make something we can all be proud of and recieve with celebratory attitudes. I'm looking forward to the MJNI launch parties and potential MJ days. The *possibility* of live performances and music videos. The hoopla around the new album release, which I hope he will build up and build up and promote like he's never promoted before.

Prince's 3121 was a fairly mediocre album. Some great tracks. Some incredibly dull and disinteresting tracks. Some OK tracks. But it was promoted fairly well prior to release with posters and the like and it went to number one in the US and on the European chart. This is despite Prince's terrible approach to promoting the album after it was released. He's made one or two live appearances on TV. Held a competition that nobody really knew about. And performed a series of incredibly dull and hugggely overpriced concerts whereby the majority of the set-list is performed by his startlingly mediocre protege, Tamar, and he just plays guitar for her. Even the Prince fans are unimpressed, and that's saying something.

It's been a three month demonstration of 'How Not To Promote An Album' and yet it's sold fairrly well, although the singles have absolutely bombed.

MJ always promoted himself well, although the statues were a bit OTT and made people think he was hugely egotistical.
    But the MJ approach, I would imagine, will be something very classy. Short, beautifully filmed teaser trailers in cinemas that don't even say MJ's name or the albm name or anything. Just something that lets people know it's MJ and let's them sit in their chairs with their spine tingling thinking 'wow'.
    Sometimes less is more. The "The King Of Pop Returns With A Sensational New Album' approach over videos of weeping fans from twenty years ago might annoy people a bit.

I would like to think, and very much hope, that MJ's new album and his approach to promotion will be an exercise in class and style. Something elegant and gorgerous rather than in your face. To get people talking.

Plus a tour obviously :P Haha!

So if Prince can sell that well despite his terrible promo, MJ could certainly pull something out of the hat and trounce Prince's sales, in my opinion, but I think there will have to be a lot of damage control and PR beforehand. Drip-feeding MJ to the public to let them get used to him and leave the trial behind to an extent before he starts promoting the album.

The new found vibrancy reflected by MJ's attitude of late will hopefully produce something spectacular that none of us were expecting, with any luck, in terms of not only music, but also video and performance.

Edit: Went slightly off topic. Sorry! LOL.
    [/b]

Beautiful! I agree with almost everything you said excepting, when you say that he lost 'over the past few years that MJ had lost interest in music to quite an extent', let me desagree with that one! :P The Ultimate collection with its new tracks demonstrated the contrary. But, indeed, those were though times for Michael...

Is that you, Ghost? From KOPBoard?

When you go near a really charismatic person, you will have only two options - ending up being his slave, his fan, his admirer or, as a protection measure, you will turn yourself into his enemy and his hater." Osho

Ghost_862

It is indeed.

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

something along the lines of we've had enough

"Constipation comes and goes, poo will last forever!!!"
    quote The Original "Constipation Killing" Chaos, Conqueror of the Laxative Industry and enemy of all forms of Constipation! :mad:

"For every poo there is a fly"
    quote L.J

"Ohhh DARN IT ALL! You're right, I can't deny your ultimate greatness. I'm just finished. All worship at the alter of Chaos"
    quote wannabestartinsomthin21