Ipod Touch query

L.J

Proud Member
Anyone have an Ipod touch?

are they worth getting?

I was eyeing one off today and I really want one but I think I'm a sucker for the touch technology :lol:

so I have 2 questions:

1.) Are they worth it?

2.) What video file formats can I play on an Ipod touch?
(Will I be able to play flv (youtube downloaded files) .. will I be able to play divx files?

Thanks in advance to anyone with the answers :flowers: I'll reward in rep points :girl_happy:

Hey LJ...Like you I couldn't resist...was such a sucker for the touch technology they are so futuristic and has some amazing storage capacity...the selling point for me was that you could relatively easily surf the net and watch youtube videos..anywhere that has WiFi.so at home, on the phone, in cafes etc etc.

and so I bought a touch just a few months ago...it was expesnive cost me 280 pounds but I think it was worth it (buy cover as well...they are all shiny etc you dont want it getting scratched)...so to answer the first question..yeah I think it is worth it..for all the features in it and for the design etc. (GET IT!) lol

unfortunately i cant answer the other question because I have not got round do getting any videos in my one..I know I havnet utilised nearly 85% of the features available ! lol....maybe someone else can help you out...or do you guys have an apple store...would they be able to help you. Im not home now...but when I do..Ill have a read through the literature to see if I can help you ok.

I know i havent been much of help but im sure you will make an informed decision! lol

:) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: L.J
Oh awesome :D :p Thanks for that ^_^

Is it true I have to do everything through iTunes?

Am I able to copy music from my PC hard drive onto one? or is the iTouch not very PC friendly? Cause I highly doubt I'll ever convert to Mac :lol: :p

I'm a sucker for all this touch technology :p

I'm still using the 'ol mp3 player, I'm behind when it comes to all this new technology lark. I DO want an Ipod though, the storage space on my mp3 is pretty limited, something lame like 250mb, lol. Any advice? I'd like something quite compact and with lots of storage space.

Sorry about not being any help with your query LJ :blush:

Last edited:
It's well worth it.. The wifi is what got me.. U know almost everywhere you go SOMEONE will have a share user where you can log onto there user..

meaning almost whereever u go you have online capabilities..

And that's of course just one of the features that got me...

The 32 g version though is not worth it.. Unless u plan just to put movies on there etc.. It's pointless..

If ur not planning on using it for movie files get the 8g.

With movies get the 16g..

That is enough.. Unless u don't think you will recycle them, and keep putting more..

See what you can do is load one as u leave or whatever and watch it.. Them when ur done with that one, delete it and put the next film u want to see..

Also keep in mind that it has a youtube botton.. It just takes u straight to youtube.. So no need to add many film stuff.. I mean all the MJ stuff u want u can watch on the youtube botton..

So..

32g, is much for an everyday person.. Most people could not find enough stuff to use all that space anyways.. lol!

I really want to update to the Ipod Touch, so far I only have an Ipod Shuffle :lol: They look really cool, though.

^^ U should.. I mean I don't even look at it as an MP3 player.. It's a media outlet.. It's basically a 'to-go' computer..

a mini-pc. lol!

so u get all the mp3 capabilities and many computer applications.. Infact overall your 'touch' can have more features than ur computer.

What kind of video files does it allow me to play on it KOPV?

will it play divx?

will it play already downloaded youtube clips stored as .flv files?

have not tried the flv saved..

I always save my vids in wmp, mpeg, or avi. and it allows me to use them.. I have not really tried anything else..

as far as youtube clips.. U have a 'favorite' section where u can have all the videos linked from youtube right in ur favs.. u just click on the one u want to see..

I don't know if you'll learn anything out of this but here's a video showing the features of the ipod touch..

it's 15 minutes long...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kj0UZjrSVLA

I use mine for music and surfing, I haven't tried any videos yet. But for surfing the battery dies very quickly, mine only last about an hour.

:rofl:

I'm not sure I want one now :p

I don't like the iTunes program ... it confuses me, I rarely update my shuffle clip cause of that :( so I dunno what I'd do with an Ipod Touch :lol:

Oh awesome :D :p Thanks for that ^_^

Is it true I have to do everything through iTunes?

Am I able to copy music from my PC hard drive onto one? or is the iTouch not very PC friendly? Cause I highly doubt I'll ever convert to Mac :lol: :p

I'm a sucker for all this touch technology :p

iTunes will hold a list of all your music files so you will need it. But if you have Bearshare on your PC the msuci files you downoad from there will go on your iPod. I dont have an iTouch I want one but I do have an iPod Nano.

it's very easy to use.. I did not have to read any instructions or anything.

itunes becomes like a media folder.. like window media player.. U just check off the songs you want on there then sync it to your ipod..

It orginizes itself in your ipod by ARTIST, Song Title, Album, Ganre.. etc..

Somehow it knows the order the album goes in to.. So track 1, will be track 1. etc..

It's really cool..

:rofl:

I'm not sure I want one now :p

I don't like the iTunes program ... it confuses me, I rarely update my shuffle clip cause of that :( so I dunno what I'd do with an Ipod Touch :lol:

Here's a fact.. I'll use my dear sister as an example.. Sometimes when she's using her laptop and I send her a message on MSN, she doesn't even realise there's a message for her although the message is blinking there right in front of her eyes! :laugh: So if she knows how to upload songs from iTunes, anyone can do it! :lol:

I've got a 16GB iPod Touch.

I jailbroke it so I can add 3rd party applications like games and everything.
My brother also made a Thriller 25 theme that you can add on the touch, so you can have different backgrounds, customize your own icons and everything like that.

There are good applications like MxTube (downloads off YouTube), Safari Download Plugin (Download things from Safari),TTR (DDR for iPod touch) and iPac3D (Pacman, but in Halo style).

It's just great, jailbreak yours now.
Or you can also Pwn it, in which you can customize your firmware.

But how is the audio? Is it as good as Ipod Nano?

Newsflash: My blue Ipod Nano 3rd Gen fell on concrete floor today. Geez! It was raining heavily and I slipped. But surprisingly it still works normally, not a scratch on the screen but a tiny scratch on the skin (right under Hold button). Amen!

Now back to Ipod Touch. I have my eyes on you tiger ...

i reckon it'd be a ***** to keep clean. the iphones are insane enuf. i'd say wait it out for a few months, let them get the kinks out of it. cuz ive heard of the new touch pods freezing on people and it's a pain in the ass to jump off a treadmill at the gym just to fix ur lame ass ipod

interesting info all around :p

how effective is jailbreaking your ipod touch?

I would assume you void any warranty, just like getting the mod chip for an x-box, but the mod chip for the x-box is a fairly good move for a lot of people. and done correctly has no side effects... but what about jail breaking an ipod?

Back