How do you deal with your anger?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
We all get angry nobody can deny that but what do you do to get rid of it i either listen to my angry song which is Leave Me Alone or i go out for awalk which always works out :)

I listen to angry music, too. Something that I NEVER listen if I feel ok, but it really calms me down.

Or if I can't listen to music then I just cry. :D

I used to have a very bad temper at one time and had a hard time controlling my anger. I would throw dishes, mirrors, phone's, books, anything that was near me basically and would completely go off on people if they said the wrong thing, but I've learned to control myself these days and am a lot calmer thankfully lol.

I now find that walking away from a situation or talking about it with a friend or relative usually helps. Also, breathing calmly and listening to music is a good way to deal with anger, but when none of that works I will usually go and read a good book or write in my journal.

Last edited:
I really don't like getting mad, I am pretty laid back, understanding, and try not to sweat the small stuff.

It takes alot for me to get mad...However, when I do...I will go off and definately tell you whats on my mind...

It takes a whole lot to make me angry. People may annoy me from time to time but I'm pretty mellow. If I'm annoyed I tend to be really quiet.

Just like Pua, it takes a lot to make me angry. But when one actually gets me p*ssed off.. well let's just say you don't want to confront me then, because I can be very sharp mouthed. Besides that's the time I want to be left alone, listen to music as loud as possible and be just by myself.. But usually it's me who apologises first, no matter did I start it or not.

Last edited:
Take some magnesium and Omega 3 (fish oil) LOL... seriously, I don't really get angry no more, good diet and supplements seem to regulate my mood well.

Last edited:
Depends on what it is about. If its something important ( like watching someone being treated badly, someone behaving in a way that put others in danger, mistreatment of children or animals or any situation where you have one weak part being treated badly by someone stronger); then I go off like a rocket- no limit!!

If its a situation where I feel I have been treated badly,I tend to take my time to think it over. Because in a lot of situations, I have learned that because I have had a tendency to be a "nice girl" I have bottled up quite a lot of anger over the years- and if I just let it "go", the reaction towards the person I am angry towards will have the experience of a thunderstorm:lol:
Usually, that works quite well, because then I have time to cool down and think, and sort out whats anger, and whats hurt feelings.

But in cases of "hammer on finger" while working or some practical thing going wrong I admit that swaring is a handy part of my vocabulary, especially when said loud:lol: Hey, those words are there for a reason!!

I actually think anger is one of the healthiest emotions we have, if we are able to deal with it the right way. Our basic reaction towards danger is either to run away, to fight or to "freeze"/ "play dead". Of those options, being able to fight is often a key to survive, and if you don`t allow anger as a ok emotion to feel, you have a problem in situations where you need to defend yourself. And whatever you feel, is not bad- its only our actions towards others that can cause harm.

Last edited:
When I get angry I usually approach the person and let them have it or else if they are not there then hit something like a table or chair. I never listen to music when I am angry.

I keep a jorunal--Helps keep me straight.
I have a hard time trusting people..
So, it's hard for me to talk to them.

I usually dont deal with it at all.

Until the pressure gets too high, then i 'explode' and bring in things from the past between me and that person.

b.t.w., during my pregnancies i am able to deal with it better.

When i was younger i used to break things, temper...temper....
Now i just slam doors.

Last edited:
I get angry all the time. At least 10 times a day.

Usually I:

- hit on things that don't break, like pillows (I don't break stuff, I'm too much of a control freak to completely go nuts, even though I'd love to)
- lay down and listen to music
- scream
- cry
- take it out on someone who didn't deserve it, like my parents on the phone
- I get really really drunk

I'm a mouth. If someone or a situation pisses me off I tend to run my mouth off. I have no concerns or fear for confronting those who I perceive is the cause. I can get really creative with my language and suggestions of what certain people can do with themselves :rofl:

I've had a few friends tell me that it's quite spectacular to watch and that they have to try not to laugh :rolleyes: ... so yeah I don't get angry very often. I tend to let things slide by.

But if it wont slide by I tend to jump on it fairly quick because I don't like things to fester.

once the moment is gone, and a solution has been found I consider it over. I never hold grudges (I might remember for future reference for personal protection but yeah I let go and let live so to speak) ;)

Oh yeah, and when I get angry, I love to clean places up.
And when I'm angry, it really is CLEAN.

^ :rofl:

I have a friend like that LOL

when you see her straightening things up around her you move outta the way incase you end up getting "straighted up" yourself :p

Oh yeah, and when I get angry, I love to clean places up.
And when I'm angry, it really is CLEAN.

Sometimes I tend to do that too :laugh:

I just put music on and dear furnitures, don't dare to be on my way when Im for example vacuuming :lol:

I turn green and then my muscles rip my clothes leaving only my purple trousers...

after that... I make them pay

TheincredibleHulk.jpg

I sit down and write a song, poem, or short story. :)

Last edited:
I knock someone the hell out....

lol! not really.. :)

I just learn to let it go.. Life is too short. (I'm not saying it NEVER gets to me) but just move on.. It's not really worth the effort to be angree..

Also I kinda do not know how to stay mad.. I'm like a kid in someways, like I could be mad then, as soon as someone tries to make me laugh or whatever I fall for it.. lol!

Like my wife, mom, whoever I am mad at could say while I'm walking away.. Look at u trying to be mad..

"I am really mad, just stop."

"aww my little baby's mad.?"

"STOP"

"Is that a smile I see?"

"Just because I'm smiling does not mean I'm not pist."

ya.. that type of thing always happens.. ahhhhh

I take deep breaths then fire someone.

lol actually I growl and then find something relaxing to do to change my mood

I get angry all the time. At least 10 times a day.

Usually I:

- hit on things that don't break, like pillows (I don't break stuff, I'm too much of a control freak to completely go nuts, even though I'd love to)
- lay down and listen to music
- scream
- cry
- take it out on someone who didn't deserve it, like my parents on the phone
- I get really really drunk

Marry me :)

I get angry very rarely and when i do get angry, more often than not its for a very good reason. Depends on the person who made me angry i suppose, ill either just try and think abt better stuff or simply let them have it.

oh yeah, I def. listen to 'leave me alone'!!!!!!!!! But I have to admit, I am a crier :(

and LOL to 'the hulk'

Last edited:
Back