New Info on Fall Out Boy Beat It Video/ Official video on pg.5 **All threads Merged**

Justice!

Proud Member
(10-4-2008)

Due to the success of Fall Out Boy's cover version of 'Beat It', the group might need to change their schedule. Bassist Pete Wentz told MTV News that they intended to hit the studio in June or July to work on a new album. However, plans could change, given the success of their cover of the Michael Jackson song - which has quickly become a mainstay in the iTunes top 10. They're now planning to promote the single and Wentz said they'll shoot a video for the track next week.

Here`s the link to the interview (Michael mentioned):

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fall-out-boy-beat-it-live/3958528571

You can listen to the song in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRl5TVvM1Y

Source: MTV

Last edited:
Re: 'Beat It' Cover A Huge Success

Ugh. A video? I was hoping the emo-rock destruction of Beat It could be kept at a minimum notoriety.

I wonder if FOB is shocked that their remake is doing well

I've never liked this guy's voice at all!

Uggh! It's even more annoying while he's covering a Michael Jackson song!

AAAAAGH!

lol!!!

covers not bad. and i think mj makes money out of fall out boy aswell through sony/atv. so double your money lol

In my experience in talking with people, these things don't create as much new fans as they do give stupid noobs the excuse to enjoy a Michael Jackson song and make retarded comments about how the cover is better, which is always good for a laugh I admit.

But it's not just that. The singing is appalling in this track lol. That typical Fall Out Boy voice doing Beat It should be a crime. AAF's Smooth Criminal was at least good.

Oh that sounded horrible compared to the original. And Beat It ain't Beat It without the opening Bongs. :D

The video will be a tribute to MJ's past video's, so keep your eyes open for that :)

The video will be a tribute to MJ's past video's, so keep your eyes open for that :)

Will be, or could be? If so, that might be good.

I agree with some people on here about a few things. I do think it might not necessarily create new MJ fans. It might actually be a reverse theory. People might think this cover is better than the original. I know that many people thought AAF's Smooth Criminal was a lot better than the original.

I guess you never know in these situations how it's gonna turn out.

But I am happy for all the recognition it's getting. Fall Out Boy, like it or not, is becoming a staple rock band for the new generation. I remember their first hit came out my senior year of high school, and it kind of became an anthem for some people my age.

I hope the video shows some sort of tribute to MJ. The best part out of all this is prob that MJ might be getting paid for their use of the song!!! $$$$

Great promotion for MJ, could create new fans :)
correct.. will create new fans :punk:

this is what makes Michael immortal..

love when rock bands, especially, does his songs.. it keeps tongues.. wagging and wagging...and makes folks confront his talents..

Last edited:

good cover...waaay better than Fergies (BEP) ..the one which was featured on T25..!

I hope the video shows some sort of tribute to MJ. The best part out of all this is prob that MJ might be getting paid for their use of the song!!! $$$$

Michael IS.. getting paid for this.. he is the sole writer of Beat It so his Mijac Publishing is being paid to use the song.. and everytime FOB perform it on TV, etc.. Mijac Publishing has to be paid....and FOB is under Sony/ATV.. so his 1/2 of Sony/ATV is getting% from the record/album sales...

I am just loving it!

for me, it doesn't really matter if some say the new version is better..it subjective... anything off of any Michael Jackson album..especially Thriller is a classic... his name will forever associated with it...namesayers can't change that..

Hearing this for the first time and am not impressed at all.....if you're gonna cover a song in my estimation, at least try to make it better than the original...this did'nt even come close!

it subjective

I disagree. I think it is a factual inaccuracy that Fall Out Boy's Beat It is better, and will even go as far as to say that believing it should be considered cause for receiving a mental evaluation. It's just ludicrous. I don't even consider it an opinion.

Great promotion for MJ, could create new fans :)

That's it!! This can only benefit Michael, because it just brings more exposure to his music and his legacy. The younger crowd need this type of info these days. When I was younger, I thought it was cool to have the mature generation of artists cover or work with the younger artists; Aretha Franklen, Rod Stewert etc. May the legends live on!! ^_^:wub:

i actually like this cover
what i don't like though is how people use the fact that other people are singing it as a way to justify them liking michael's music because they feel that liking michael isnt the "cool" thing to do. that's what doesnt make sense to me.
either way they are listening to and liking one of michael's creations. i just dont understand why they can't admit that to themselves.

Their cover is horrible, but I agree that it brings Michael's music to the youngsters. I just watched Beat it on Youtube, and guess what, 16 users watching it at the same time. sometime later I refreshed the page and it's 20!! :punk: :punk: :punk:
U could think it's a new video LOL. So i have no problem with it :D.

It a alright cover. BUT i wouldn't say it better then the Fergie verison, i really like that one.

Hearing this for the first time and am not impressed at all.....if you're gonna cover a song in my estimation, at least try to make it better than the original...this did'nt even come close!
You are asking for the impossible here. I think the guys did there best and was even surprised by how well they did.:)

Last edited:
Back