Thread: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Smile Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

I did a quick search and couldn't find any such thread for favorite quotes Michael has said. I see that plenty of you have his quotes in your siggies.

I would really like to see some quotes from Michael. I'm sure you all have your favorites! So post 'em please!! I can't remember hardly any of his quotes. There are too many to think of.

If there is such a thread that I have not found, someone please feel free to merge the threads together.

If I never knew you I'd be safe but half as real
    Never knowing I could feel a love so strong and true
    I'm so grateful to you, I'd have lived my whole life through
    Lost forever if I never knew you

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread

"Lies runs sprints but the truth runs Marathons"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0XD5WmxUM <--- "The Way You make Me Feel Live Vs Video. Check it Out!

FOR YOU'RE ALWAYS,IN MY HEART
    ITS 2009 AND MICHAEL AND I ARE IN TOUR MODE
    MICHAEL IM COMIN 2 JAM WITH U ON JULY 13TH,2009

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

london via northumberland via leciester via cambridge. My name is Katie
    Level
    Thanks

"There's buuuug on ma stage!!!...Wayne.....Security!!!!....nooooooooo don't kill don't kill it!!!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,349 Times in 2,608 Posts

Interviwer - ''OK Michael can we do that again but without all the negetivity saying that you don't like to tour''

Michael - ''I don't like it though''

Interviwer - ''Yeah but''

Michael: ''I go through hell touring''

Interviwer: ''Yeah but''

Michael: ''OK i'll get positive then, but you know the truth''

Interviewer - ''Yeah and action Michael''

Michael - *Being deadly serious* ''I love to tour!''

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

MICHAEL ON MAGIC:
    “Magic is easy if you put your heart into it, like Peter Pan did. I really believe that humans can fly. We just don`t know how to think the right thoughts to levitate ourselves off the ground.”

MICHAEL ON INSPIRATION:
    “I wake from dreams and go ”Wow! Put this down on paper!” The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself : “I`m sorry, I just didn`t write this, it`s there already.” That`s why I hate to take the credit for the songs I`ve written. I feel that somewhere, some place, it`s been done and I`m just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that God is behind everything.”

MICHAEL ON DRUGS:
    “I think drugs are wrong and I don`t care who knows it. I don`t even like the word “high”. If I want to feel free in my mind, I`ll go walk on the beach, read a beautiful book, write a song or spend time with children.”

MICHAEL ON BEING MOBBED:
    “Being mobbed hurts! You feel like you`re spaghetti among thousands of hands. They`re just ripping you and pulling your hair, and you feel that at any moment you`re gonna break. So you stay in your hotel room and write a song. And when you get tired of that, you talk to yourself. Then you let it all out on stage.”

MICHAEL ON WORK:
    ”If I take a week off, I think I`m loafing, I feel like I`m getting behind. I like being active and creative – I`m constantly prying into the future for the sound of tomorrow. It`s very important not to become old hat.”

MICHAEL ON PLAY:
    “I go to museums and learn and study. I don`t do sports- it`s dangerous. There`s a lot of money being counted on and we don`t want to risk anything. My brother hurt his leg in a basketball game and we had to cancel the concert, and just because of him having an hour of fun, thousands of people missed the show and we were being sued left and right because of the game. I don`t think it`s worth it.”

MICHAEL ON ART:
    “I love art. Whenever we go to Paris I rush to the Louvre. I just never get enough of it! I go to all the museums around the world. I love art too much, because they have these auctions and I just don`t want to hear about it or see it because I end up buying everything and you become addicted. You see a piece you like and you say :”Oh, God, I`ve got to have this!”

MICHAEL ON STRANGE SIGHTS:
    “Ever since I was young I`ve been surrounded by strange sights. Like fans ripping off their coats and standing nude in front of me, and being sent letters with every kind of suggestion in them. You wouldn`t believe some of the things I saw at the early age. One of the worst memories, which I`ll never erase, is of a stripper who played in the same club as we did when I was 6. She was called Rose Marie. After she had taken everything off, she pushed her costume into the faces of the audience. It was disgusting. By the time I reached my teens I guess I`d been exposed to most grown-up things.”

MICHAEL ON FRIENDSHIP:
    “I have a lot of trouble with friendships because I`ve spent so much of my life on stage. I don`t always trust myself with regular people, so to speak. My idea of your average person is someone in the crowd who`s running towards me trying to get my autograph or tear my clothes off. I hate to admit it , but I feel strange around everyday people. See, my whole life has been on stage and the impression I get of people is applause, standing ovations and running after you. I am a very sensitive person with very vulnerable feelings. It`s hard for me to make friends. When people want to know me , I become suspicious.”

MICHAEL ON MICHAEL:
    “I know I am different from most people my age, because I`ve seen so much and done so much. But I`m not Mr.Nutter. I`m not crazy man . People just don`t understand.”

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prismsagainst5live View Post
    "There's buuuug on ma stage!!!...Wayne.....Security!!!!....nooooooooo don't kill don't kill it!!!
    lol what is that from?
    Nation to nation all the world must come together

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemjj4ever View Post
    MICHAEL ON MAGIC:
    “Magic is easy if you put your heart into it, like Peter Pan did. I really believe that humans can fly. We just don`t know how to think the right thoughts to levitate ourselves off the ground.”

MICHAEL ON INSPIRATION:
    “I wake from dreams and go ”Wow! Put this down on paper!” The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself : “I`m sorry, I just didn`t write this, it`s there already.” That`s why I hate to take the credit for the songs I`ve written. I feel that somewhere, some place, it`s been done and I`m just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that God is behind everything.”

MICHAEL ON DRUGS:
    “I think drugs are wrong and I don`t care who knows it. I don`t even like the word “high”. If I want to feel free in my mind, I`ll go walk on the beach, read a beautiful book, write a song or spend time with children.”

MICHAEL ON BEING MOBBED:
    “Being mobbed hurts! You feel like you`re spaghetti among thousands of hands. They`re just ripping you and pulling your hair, and you feel that at any moment you`re gonna break. So you stay in your hotel room and write a song. And when you get tired of that, you talk to yourself. Then you let it all out on stage.”

MICHAEL ON WORK:
    ”If I take a week off, I think I`m loafing, I feel like I`m getting behind. I like being active and creative – I`m constantly prying into the future for the sound of tomorrow. It`s very important not to become old hat.”

MICHAEL ON PLAY:
    “I go to museums and learn and study. I don`t do sports- it`s dangerous. There`s a lot of money being counted on and we don`t want to risk anything. My brother hurt his leg in a basketball game and we had to cancel the concert, and just because of him having an hour of fun, thousands of people missed the show and we were being sued left and right because of the game. I don`t think it`s worth it.”

MICHAEL ON ART:
    “I love art. Whenever we go to Paris I rush to the Louvre. I just never get enough of it! I go to all the museums around the world. I love art too much, because they have these auctions and I just don`t want to hear about it or see it because I end up buying everything and you become addicted. You see a piece you like and you say :”Oh, God, I`ve got to have this!”

MICHAEL ON STRANGE SIGHTS:
    “Ever since I was young I`ve been surrounded by strange sights. Like fans ripping off their coats and standing nude in front of me, and being sent letters with every kind of suggestion in them. You wouldn`t believe some of the things I saw at the early age. One of the worst memories, which I`ll never erase, is of a stripper who played in the same club as we did when I was 6. She was called Rose Marie. After she had taken everything off, she pushed her costume into the faces of the audience. It was disgusting. By the time I reached my teens I guess I`d been exposed to most grown-up things.”

MICHAEL ON FRIENDSHIP:
    “I have a lot of trouble with friendships because I`ve spent so much of my life on stage. I don`t always trust myself with regular people, so to speak. My idea of your average person is someone in the crowd who`s running towards me trying to get my autograph or tear my clothes off. I hate to admit it , but I feel strange around everyday people. See, my whole life has been on stage and the impression I get of people is applause, standing ovations and running after you. I am a very sensitive person with very vulnerable feelings. It`s hard for me to make friends. When people want to know me , I become suspicious.”

MICHAEL ON MICHAEL:
    “I know I am different from most people my age, because I`ve seen so much and done so much. But I`m not Mr.Nutter. I`m not crazy man . People just don`t understand.”

GOOD QUOTES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks sooo much for posting!

I'll add some later, I have a 7 page paper due in 4 1/2 hours and I haven't started!
    Last edited by MJsPYT1; 30-04-2008 at 01:32 PM.

We can fly, so high, let our spirits never die.
    Look for the rainbow in the sky.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurenjayne View Post
    lol what is that from?
    From Munich :happy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fng9N5OBg6s

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

LOL, its from a live show on the HIStory tour. I don't remember which city though. They were in between songs. I think they were getting ready to do the J5 Medley, and he was kind of goofing around w/ the audience. He saw a bug on stage and didn't want it to get hurt, so he called one of his dudes to get it. Being very sarcastic he yelled "Security!!". It's on YouTube under Michael Jackson The Bug if you would like to see the whole thing. It really is one of the most candid moments I've seen of Michael

BTW, thank you so much guys. These quotes are great. I've never even heard of some of these.

Looks like Reeta was waaaaay ahead of me.
    Last edited by IvoryKeys; 30-04-2008 at 01:36 PM.

If I never knew you I'd be safe but half as real
    Never knowing I could feel a love so strong and true
    I'm so grateful to you, I'd have lived my whole life through
    Lost forever if I never knew you

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 869
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 1,317 Posts

"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' "

(1995)

Ape

I guess some reporters took his advice. Time for them to do something original and report the truth now, without bias and no slants.

Sorry I can't add to the quotes but I sure enjoyed reading them. very much.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Though I dislike how he was with Michael, there are some moments from Bashirs Living With MJ I liked

Michael: Celebrities like Bargains too.

Also:

(They are looking at paintings)

Michael: Youwhoooo (sp?)
    Michael: Youwhoooo
    Michael: Exscuse me (in a incredibly sweet way), can I have that one please?

Last edited by Seftrex; 30-04-2008 at 04:29 PM.

~Without Seftrex, there would be no Logic.~

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    Interviwer - ''OK Michael can we do that again but without all the negetivity saying that you don't like to tour''

Michael - ''I don't like it though''

Interviwer - ''Yeah but''

Michael: ''I go through hell touring''

Interviwer: ''Yeah but''

Michael: ''OK i'll get positive then, but you know the truth''

Interviewer - ''Yeah and action Michael''

Michael - *Being deadly serious* ''I love to tour!''
    :lol: I luv it. I laugh everytime I see it.

"People don't know what it's like for me. No one knows,really. No one should judge what I've done with my life. Not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night."

“It's not cold...It's Magic”

“When you’re acting, you’re just being yourself. And who can teach you to be yourself? You can’t teach a person how to act, just like you can’t teach a person to sing—it’s inside of you. Singing is a form of acting, the way you do certain lines, the feeling, you can call it acting.”

„We know lots and lots of people because we have such a big family. But I’ve got maybe two, three good friends.”

„We are Germans. We are Armenians. French, Italian, Russian, American, Asian, African... many other nationalities. We are Christians, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu. We are black, we are white. We are a community of some many differences, so complex and yet so simple. We do not need to have war.”

„A lot of people don’t believe in God. Science is so silly sometimes. The sun has been up there for ages and ages. What holds it up? I don’t care how many scientific explanations they give me, it ain’t deep enough."

I don't know exactly when he said it, so don't ask :P
    believe in yourself, no matter what.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reeta View Post
    Lol, he did that in Johannesburg too!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Willow Deeply Scarred...Somebody's Broken Heart

RIP Michael - I Love You

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I have one quote from Michael that always spins in my mind more than any other. I think he said it sometime in 2001, maybe after the Bashir thing came out. I might be wrong, but I remember him going to Taco Bell or something and he was chatting to the young people who worked there. Someone asked him what advice he would give for young people starting out with their studies/careers and he said something like: "Be the best...not second best or third, but be the best at what you choose to do..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Willow Deeply Scarred...Somebody's Broken Heart

RIP Michael - I Love You