Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

IvoryKeys

Proud Member
I did a quick search and couldn't find any such thread for favorite quotes Michael has said. I see that plenty of you have his quotes in your siggies.

I would really like to see some quotes from Michael. I'm sure you all have your favorites! So post 'em please!! I can't remember hardly any of his quotes. There are too many to think of.

If there is such a thread that I have not found, someone please feel free to merge the threads together.

Re: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread

"Lies runs sprints but the truth runs Marathons"

Interviwer - ''OK Michael can we do that again but without all the negetivity saying that you don't like to tour''

Michael - ''I don't like it though''

Interviwer - ''Yeah but''

Michael: ''I go through hell touring''

Interviwer: ''Yeah but''

Michael: ''OK i'll get positive then, but you know the truth''

Interviewer - ''Yeah and action Michael''

Michael - *Being deadly serious* ''I love to tour!''

MICHAEL ON MAGIC:
“Magic is easy if you put your heart into it, like Peter Pan did. I really believe that humans can fly. We just don`t know how to think the right thoughts to levitate ourselves off the ground.”

MICHAEL ON INSPIRATION:
“I wake from dreams and go ”Wow! Put this down on paper!” The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself : “I`m sorry, I just didn`t write this, it`s there already.” That`s why I hate to take the credit for the songs I`ve written. I feel that somewhere, some place, it`s been done and I`m just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that God is behind everything.”

MICHAEL ON DRUGS:
“I think drugs are wrong and I don`t care who knows it. I don`t even like the word “high”. If I want to feel free in my mind, I`ll go walk on the beach, read a beautiful book, write a song or spend time with children.”

MICHAEL ON BEING MOBBED:
“Being mobbed hurts! You feel like you`re spaghetti among thousands of hands. They`re just ripping you and pulling your hair, and you feel that at any moment you`re gonna break. So you stay in your hotel room and write a song. And when you get tired of that, you talk to yourself. Then you let it all out on stage.”

MICHAEL ON WORK:
”If I take a week off, I think I`m loafing, I feel like I`m getting behind. I like being active and creative – I`m constantly prying into the future for the sound of tomorrow. It`s very important not to become old hat.”

MICHAEL ON PLAY:
“I go to museums and learn and study. I don`t do sports- it`s dangerous. There`s a lot of money being counted on and we don`t want to risk anything. My brother hurt his leg in a basketball game and we had to cancel the concert, and just because of him having an hour of fun, thousands of people missed the show and we were being sued left and right because of the game. I don`t think it`s worth it.”

MICHAEL ON ART:
“I love art. Whenever we go to Paris I rush to the Louvre. I just never get enough of it! I go to all the museums around the world. I love art too much, because they have these auctions and I just don`t want to hear about it or see it because I end up buying everything and you become addicted. You see a piece you like and you say :”Oh, God, I`ve got to have this!”

MICHAEL ON STRANGE SIGHTS:
“Ever since I was young I`ve been surrounded by strange sights. Like fans ripping off their coats and standing nude in front of me, and being sent letters with every kind of suggestion in them. You wouldn`t believe some of the things I saw at the early age. One of the worst memories, which I`ll never erase, is of a stripper who played in the same club as we did when I was 6. She was called Rose Marie. After she had taken everything off, she pushed her costume into the faces of the audience. It was disgusting. By the time I reached my teens I guess I`d been exposed to most grown-up things.”

MICHAEL ON FRIENDSHIP:
“I have a lot of trouble with friendships because I`ve spent so much of my life on stage. I don`t always trust myself with regular people, so to speak. My idea of your average person is someone in the crowd who`s running towards me trying to get my autograph or tear my clothes off. I hate to admit it , but I feel strange around everyday people. See, my whole life has been on stage and the impression I get of people is applause, standing ovations and running after you. I am a very sensitive person with very vulnerable feelings. It`s hard for me to make friends. When people want to know me , I become suspicious.”

MICHAEL ON MICHAEL:
“I know I am different from most people my age, because I`ve seen so much and done so much. But I`m not Mr.Nutter. I`m not crazy man . People just don`t understand.”

MICHAEL ON MAGIC:
“Magic is easy if you put your heart into it, like Peter Pan did. I really believe that humans can fly. We just don`t know how to think the right thoughts to levitate ourselves off the ground.”

MICHAEL ON INSPIRATION:
“I wake from dreams and go ”Wow! Put this down on paper!” The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself : “I`m sorry, I just didn`t write this, it`s there already.” That`s why I hate to take the credit for the songs I`ve written. I feel that somewhere, some place, it`s been done and I`m just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that God is behind everything.”

MICHAEL ON DRUGS:
“I think drugs are wrong and I don`t care who knows it. I don`t even like the word “high”. If I want to feel free in my mind, I`ll go walk on the beach, read a beautiful book, write a song or spend time with children.”

MICHAEL ON BEING MOBBED:
“Being mobbed hurts! You feel like you`re spaghetti among thousands of hands. They`re just ripping you and pulling your hair, and you feel that at any moment you`re gonna break. So you stay in your hotel room and write a song. And when you get tired of that, you talk to yourself. Then you let it all out on stage.”

MICHAEL ON WORK:
”If I take a week off, I think I`m loafing, I feel like I`m getting behind. I like being active and creative – I`m constantly prying into the future for the sound of tomorrow. It`s very important not to become old hat.”

MICHAEL ON PLAY:
“I go to museums and learn and study. I don`t do sports- it`s dangerous. There`s a lot of money being counted on and we don`t want to risk anything. My brother hurt his leg in a basketball game and we had to cancel the concert, and just because of him having an hour of fun, thousands of people missed the show and we were being sued left and right because of the game. I don`t think it`s worth it.”

MICHAEL ON ART:
“I love art. Whenever we go to Paris I rush to the Louvre. I just never get enough of it! I go to all the museums around the world. I love art too much, because they have these auctions and I just don`t want to hear about it or see it because I end up buying everything and you become addicted. You see a piece you like and you say :”Oh, God, I`ve got to have this!”

MICHAEL ON STRANGE SIGHTS:
“Ever since I was young I`ve been surrounded by strange sights. Like fans ripping off their coats and standing nude in front of me, and being sent letters with every kind of suggestion in them. You wouldn`t believe some of the things I saw at the early age. One of the worst memories, which I`ll never erase, is of a stripper who played in the same club as we did when I was 6. She was called Rose Marie. After she had taken everything off, she pushed her costume into the faces of the audience. It was disgusting. By the time I reached my teens I guess I`d been exposed to most grown-up things.”

MICHAEL ON FRIENDSHIP:
“I have a lot of trouble with friendships because I`ve spent so much of my life on stage. I don`t always trust myself with regular people, so to speak. My idea of your average person is someone in the crowd who`s running towards me trying to get my autograph or tear my clothes off. I hate to admit it , but I feel strange around everyday people. See, my whole life has been on stage and the impression I get of people is applause, standing ovations and running after you. I am a very sensitive person with very vulnerable feelings. It`s hard for me to make friends. When people want to know me , I become suspicious.”

MICHAEL ON MICHAEL:
“I know I am different from most people my age, because I`ve seen so much and done so much. But I`m not Mr.Nutter. I`m not crazy man . People just don`t understand.”

GOOD QUOTES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks sooo much for posting!

I'll add some later, I have a 7 page paper due in 4 1/2 hours and I haven't started!

Last edited:

LOL, its from a live show on the HIStory tour. I don't remember which city though. They were in between songs. I think they were getting ready to do the J5 Medley, and he was kind of goofing around w/ the audience. He saw a bug on stage and didn't want it to get hurt, so he called one of his dudes to get it. Being very sarcastic he yelled "Security!!". It's on YouTube under Michael Jackson The Bug if you would like to see the whole thing. It really is one of the most candid moments I've seen of Michael

BTW, thank you so much guys. These quotes are great. I've never even heard of some of these.

Looks like Reeta was waaaaay ahead of me.

Last edited:

"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' "

(1995)

:yes:

I guess some reporters took his advice. Time for them to do something original and report the truth now, without bias and no slants.

Sorry I can't add to the quotes but I sure enjoyed reading them. :) very much.

Though I dislike how he was with Michael, there are some moments from Bashirs Living With MJ I liked :)

Michael: Celebrities like Bargains too.

Also:

(They are looking at paintings)

Michael: Youwhoooo (sp?)
Michael: Youwhoooo
Michael: Exscuse me (in a incredibly sweet way), can I have that one please?

Last edited:

Interviwer - ''OK Michael can we do that again but without all the negetivity saying that you don't like to tour''

:lol: I luv it. I laugh everytime I see it.

"People don't know what it's like for me. No one knows,really. No one should judge what I've done with my life. Not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night."

“It's not cold...It's Magic”

“When you’re acting, you’re just being yourself. And who can teach you to be yourself? You can’t teach a person how to act, just like you can’t teach a person to sing—it’s inside of you. Singing is a form of acting, the way you do certain lines, the feeling, you can call it acting.”

„We know lots and lots of people because we have such a big family. But I’ve got maybe two, three good friends.”

„We are Germans. We are Armenians. French, Italian, Russian, American, Asian, African... many other nationalities. We are Christians, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu. We are black, we are white. We are a community of some many differences, so complex and yet so simple. We do not need to have war.”

„A lot of people don’t believe in God. Science is so silly sometimes. The sun has been up there for ages and ages. What holds it up? I don’t care how many scientific explanations they give me, it ain’t deep enough."

I don't know exactly when he said it, so don't ask :p

I have one quote from Michael that always spins in my mind more than any other. I think he said it sometime in 2001, maybe after the Bashir thing came out. I might be wrong, but I remember him going to Taco Bell or something and he was chatting to the young people who worked there. Someone asked him what advice he would give for young people starting out with their studies/careers and he said something like: "Be the best...not second best or third, but be the best at what you choose to do..."

“People think they know me, but they don't. Not really. Actually, I am one of the loneliest people on this earth. I cry sometimes, because it hurts. It does. To be honest, I guess you could say that it hurts to be me.”

“I'm never pleased with anything, I'm a perfectionist, it's part of who I am.”

"I feel guilty having to put my name, sometimes, on the songs that I-I do write them, I compose them, I do the scoring, I do the lyrics, I do the melodies, but still, it's a ..it's a work of God."

"I love the fans and they are the reason for my professional existence. When I'm out there doing a show and I see the fans dancing and singing, that's what I love the most. It's just the greatest feeling in the world."

Michael+Jackson+57.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

since there is a thread like this I would like to ask if anone can post a qoute of Mike when he is saiying that he wishes the world could see that all he is about is being a peaceful guy or sth lke that..... I remember someone had this in their siggy at the beginning of the year
thanks in adance
:D

B U M P
and thanks

Last edited:

I love all these quotes.
The bug one is too funny :D

That's my FAVORITE one so far :lol: Classic, simply classic.

Or this one from the Gold Magazine in London:
[SIZE=-1]GG: If you were invisible for a day in London, what would you do?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MJ: Oh boy. Who would I like to slap? Let me see {laughs]... I think I'd find one of the tabloid paparazzis and kick his ass, moonwalk style. I'd really like to knock them off one of those little scooters they ride around on, I really would, knock the cameras right out of their hands. They're so annoying. I'd go for them first, yeah. They drive you nuts. You can't get away from them. It's terrible.

hehehehe i love that man lol
[/SIZE]

I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily"

"People think they know me, but they don't. Not really. Actually, I am one of the loneliest people on this Earth. I cry sometimes, because it hurts. It does. To be honest, I guess you could say that it hurts to be me"

"Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel"

"It's a complete lie, why do people buy these papers? It's not the truth I'm here to say. You know, don't judge a person, do not pass judgement, unless you have talked to them one on one. I don't care what the story is, do not judge them because it is a lie"

"I never smile when I dance."

"I have an idiot for a sister folks"

I remeber Michael saying in that same interview to La Toya:
"your voice is irritating"

hahahaha Michael is so funny

''Do it and your dead'' from Moonwalker

''You don't climb trees? Your missing out'' from LWMJ

''I'm a nice person, i just took a shower and i washed my hair thoroughly'' from MJPHM

Michael Jackson- "I'm Peter Pan!"
Bishar- "no your Michael jackson!"
Michael- "No!....." from LWMJ

it was something along those lines.

Michael Jackson- "I'm Peter Pan!"
Bishar- "no your Michael jackson!"
Michael- "No!....." from LWMJ

it was something along those lines.

Michael (touching his heart) 'I'm Peter Pan in my heart.'

ps. again, please someone post the q. I've asked for...

my post is above, thanks in advance:D

Last edited:
Back