Weird Al

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Alfred Yankovic is one of my favorite artists. A lot of people think he just does parodies, but his albums are always half parody and half original. He plays keyboards and accordian, and has had the same band since the beginning (his 1st album came out in 1981) who can duplicate hits note for note.

White And Nerdy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlsiw5lmEzw
Living With A Hernia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxg07oRqP7Q
Trapped In The Drive Thru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGVYki-oyQ
Polkarama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCAt9WcCFbM

Last edited:
yep i have all of Weird Al's stuff.

I almost think his parody of I Want It That Way (Ebay) is better than the original! :lol:

yep i have all of Weird Al's stuff.

I almost think his parody of I Want It That Way (Ebay) is better than the original! :lol:

Because I don't listen to the radio, I really don't know any of the original songs that he parodies on his more current albums.

"Say, do you remember when I broke in Larry's house late at night and tied his mouth with a rag?
Then I dragged him by his ankles to the middle of the forest and stuffed him in a big plastic bag?"

I loved the "Amish Paradise" album. He always finds that one hit to parody to keep his career going. He's a legitimately funny guy.

Trash Day

Christmas At Ground Zero (Sony has all of the real videos blocked, so this will do, lol)

"Trapped in the Drive Thru" is one of my favorite Weird Al joints! I think it's probably as brilliant as the original one R laid down.

Among others already named, I also liked "Like a Surgeon" a lot (I used to love "Like a Virgin" as a child, although I didn't know what in the world she was talking about. "What's a virgin?", lol). He on that gurney like Madonna on that gondola cracked me up.

I think my introduction to him was "I Lost on Jeopardy", which was too funny cause I watched that show all the time with my grandfather and remember thinking you had to be super smart to actually win.

"You Don't Love Me Anymore" from his "Off The Deepend" album is one of my favorite tracks. That was 1 of his original songs......even though the video for it parodies "More Than Words" by Extreme

hahaha wierd al is hilarouis! white and nerdy is one of my favorites lol funny think about Wierd Al though i bet you guys dont know BUT he was in TWO Hanson music videos and he is good friends with them also. the 1st video was "river" in 98 witch was a titanic spoof and now their brand new one "thinking bout' somethin". look them up if your at all curouis! :)

omg, the guy is freakishly talented. deal with it.:)

we all know the MJ parodies. if you can find some of other artists, you like, please post..or..we can just discuss the guy. lol

sorry duran duran. i used the search feature, and put in weird al, and nothing came up, then i posted, then i researched and put in weird al yankovic, and then your thread appeared...so..mods pls delete this..

I love Weird Al! His lyrics are so clever, he has a really good voice, and always puts an amazing level of detail into his tracks and videos. I haven't heard White & Nerdy in a while and it's too hilarious!

1 of my favorite songs off the "Running With Scissors" album. The video to this song is a fan made one.....a really well done video IMO.

hahaha! weird Al is great! he is a lyrical genuis!! heres some classic weird al:
Amish Paradise

smells like nirvana:

now these next two just have Wierd Al in the videos. he directed this one in 1998. its Hanson's "river" video thats a spoof of Titanic. enjoy :)

this is another Hanson video that Weird Al just jas a cameo in. He's the one playing the tamperine. he's pretty funny in it lol

Wierd Al has always been just a touch above so many others in the way he thinks and performs. Yeah, he comes across as "nerdy", it's his thing. But to be able to do multiple venues of music/performers, he does have a talent, whether one likes/appreciates it or not.

My memory may be failing me here, but I believe that Michael gave Weird Al a shoutout after Al's parody/s-

Back