Jermaine Jackson to appear in 2nd season of Gone Country

troubleman84

Proud Member
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003799075

CMT's 'Gone Country 2' Reveals Cast

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame, Grammy and Academy Award winner Irene Cara, "American Idol" finalist Mikalah Gordon, singer Jermaine Jackson, NSYNC's Chris Kirkpatrick, actor Lorenzo Lamas and actress Sean Young will vie for the top prize on CMT's "Gone Country 2," the follow-up to the network's highest rated series ever.

John Rich returns as host and judge of the show, which is currently filming in Nashville and which will begin airing in August.

As with the first season, the show will immerse the celebrities in all things country for a chance to break out as a country star. Each celebrity will be paired with two Nashville songwriters with whom they will write a country song. In addition, the cast will compete in challenges that test them musically and physically to adapt to a life in country music, both on and off the stage.

At the end of the show, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release their single to country radio.

Julio Iglesias Jr., Dee Snider, Maureen McCormick, Diana DeGarmo, Bobby Brown, Sisqo and Carnie Wilson competed during the first season, which was ultimately won by Iglesias.

----

:lol:

Last edited:
:lol: @ Jermaine going Country. This should be interesting though. I hope he wins!

Didn't the Jackson clan sing country western songs as kids w/ Kathrine? Hmmmmm.....i'd say he might have an advantage! LOL!

I can't believe SISQO was on the first season.

Television is just getting more and more bizarre.

Thank you for posting.

This is great for Jermaine. Not only does he have a job and have something to do, it can really show his talents that a lot of people do not know he even had. I like what he si doing.

I do not have cable, but I have heard that this show is very funny. I am rooting for Jerm to win. :)

I actually watched the first season of this show.

Reality TV shows have gotten crazier and crazier, but I'll watch any of them just to see how they are.

Wow...Irene Cara back on the scene again...I can't imagine Country with any of these people.

But, yeah, I'll check it out.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/gone_country_2/series.jhtml

jermaine_jackson-x600.jpg

Jermaine Jackson is best known as a member of the iconic music group, The Jackson 5. The group, consisting of brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael, signed with Motown Records in 1969.
Today, the group is considered one of the biggest pop phenomena in music history. As co-lead singer and bass player for The Jackson 5, Jackson performed hits like "I Want You Back," "I'll Be There," and "Dancing Machine." In 1997, the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Additionally, two of its songs, "ABC" and "I Want You Back," are among the Rock and Roll Hall Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.

In 1976, after fourteen years performing with The Jackson 5, Jackson left the group to pursue a solo career at Motown Records. In 1980, Jackson was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for his solo album, Let's Get Serious. He also had several Billboard Hot 100 Top 20 hits like "Let Me Tickle Your Fancy" and "Do What You Do" during the 1970s and 1980s.

Jackson re-joined his brothers in 1984 for the group's Victory Tour. In 1992, he co-produced the Emmy Award-winning and highly-rated ABC TV miniseries, The Jackson's: An American Dream. In 2007, Jackson participated in the fifth season of "Celebrity Big Brother" (UK), as one of the TV show's 14 housemates. Jackson finished second. Currently, Jackson serves as Founder and CEO of the Earthcare International Foundation. The global organization works to combat the AIDS problem around the world.
gone_country_01-x600.jpg

gone_country_05-x600.jpg

Jermaine Jackson practices his song.

gone_country_04-x600.jpg

Jermaine Jackson greets the crowd during the final performance.

Sebastian Bach can really sing too, so, it'll be interesting depending on who can adapt most. But this show is so cracked, lol.

i live in the UK but I love country music and all things contry, though I am still exploring. it is good to see that Jermaine will be on the show, I am sure that his experience on this show will be much better than UK shows.

looking at the promo picture of him with other celebs; the show looks really cosy and quite intimate, the country house looks cosy.

Last edited:
the show has rapped up already , but i did sign up for the message board on cmt. show starts Aug 15 on CMT-tv

Awww, snap! It is on and popping! I was thinking about this the other day and I had a feeling that it was gonna air in August.

I know that when the first season aired, Access Hollywood did a lot of segments about the show. It looks really good but DAMN, I lack cable! I hope it is posted on the website and youtube so I can check it out.

Country music is very popular in America, I mean popular and CMT is a very popular cable channel in the USA. It is like the MTV/VH1, when they used to play MUSIC VIDEOS/SHORT FILMS of country music. I am very excited about this because Jermaine is gonna get a lot of press and hopefully good press. Just like when he was on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, the press will be massive.

Thank you guys for the updates.

i just hope that Jermaine enjoys him self and is not braking up fights and keeping the peace like he did in uk big brother.

:bugeyed.................. Is that Sean Young?!!!!!

The show should be interesting with her in there :lol: she sure is special *cough*coo-coo*cough*

Go Jermaine!

Last edited:
I was shocked that Sean Young was on the show considering the fact that she got some issues. LOL. I think that Jermaine would do fine. He was a mild mannered guy so I think he will do a good job.

Yeah, I forgot about that. Y'all better give us the scoop.

Gone Country 2 - 201 Extra: Jermaine the Legend

Jermaine Jackson gets to know the cast of Gone Country 2
Watch Video

Last edited:
Friday came and I forgot...

I'll try to get it this Friday or somethin';

hey it's actually on right now for me.. a re run.. checkin' it out

oh I was about to post this...this will be better than last year although I didn't watch last year....did anyone here watch it?

Back