If Michael Moved to Britain, would it make a difference?

Datsymay

Proud Member
I know that the british press have been really nasty to MJ on numerous occasion, but my gut feeling is that they would change.

The reason why I say this is that last year when Jermaine entered the BB house, the media were salivating any looking for anything to humiliate a Jackson. Jermaine was all over the front page the next day because he was seen wearing a tape on his nose. But the public warmed to this warm and gentle person and was forced to look at their own self image. The country fell in love with Jermaine and he was considered a proper gentleman. The media backed off.

David guest who was also mocked by the media and called all types of names, also won the hearts of the nation when he appeard on 'I'm a celebrity'. He came back a hero and was being offered all types of tv shows.
I believe that if the british publc get to see the Jacksons and fall in love with them again, they will force the media to back off, if they know what's good for them.

I believe this could result in the american media being forced to back off too, as they would look foolish to be reporting falsehood all the time.
So let's here it for mJ moving to britain, what you say.

Last edited:
wooo!!!! they better back off of MJ..so they all now moved to Britian?

wooo!!!! they better back off of MJ..so they all now moved to Britian?
Some of the jacksons have arrived but it is not yet clear whether it is just for a documentary of if they are really looking to live in Britain.
I believe tito is hoping to relaunch his sons career in britain . though. I tv reality show would do that pretty well. Also, TV have been appearing on lots of tv shows, so he may find that he gets lots of work here, rather like David Guest did.
Britain could be good for the Jacksons.

I doubt it, British taxes are way more than in America for rich people.

I know that the british press have been really nasty to MJ on numerous occasion, but my gut feeling is that they would change.

I think it is important WHERE he would live in Britain. But that move wouldn´t make a better situation for Michael. Cause I know, after personally experiences, the british press is really, really incredible mean. Also I remeber several (american) stars agree about the press in GB is the worst. Example: Hugh Grant calls them Hooligans and other stuff.
Although I´m absolutely SURE the whole country would heartly welcome him (as always) and would be honoured, I don´t think the press would change.

I think the thing with Jermaine is different, the press is different and almost normal to the rest of the Jackson family by comparison, Michael is in a whole different ball game.
Another thing is that the public got a chance to see the real Jermaine through BB, the same with Guest, but Michael won't be doing no reality show so I don't see how the situation would change.

I think the press will be the same, where ever he goes, but who cares at this point.

In my opinion, it doesn't make a difference where Michael lives, because he travels so much. I mean, to anybody's knowledge, did he ever stay at Neverland for a great length of time. Like say, one year straight, without any traveling. I wonder what is the longest time he ever stayed at Neverland without traveling to some other location to live for months at a time.

i dont think so...we just need the new album and then u will se how people will change

No, he should come Maryland/D.C. where I am. :)

It was rumoured a while back that he was searching for property here. That'd be so awesome.

If he moves to the UK, they'll be putting that on the front news making a big deal about it, so really, nothing will change...though Americans are worse on Michael than anyone.

I think the thing with Jermaine is different, the press is different and almost normal to the rest of the Jackson family by comparison, Michael is in a whole different ball game.
Another thing is that the public got a chance to see the real Jermaine through BB, the same with Guest, but Michael won't be doing no reality show so I don't see how the situation would change.

I agree.
I was thinking, he might wanted to do something like that through Bashir. Unfortunatly with the wrong guy...That interview might have changed things. Maybe not so much where the press is concerned but I think for a great deal for the public, who sadly still buy that crap they read in the papers.

I agree also that it doesn't realy matter where Michael lives. He seems to like to move around alot. :)
People love him, always welcome him in their country. He's labeld "weird" and stuff, and yet everyone seems to want to get close to him. People who say they dislike him are the ones running the fastest or yelling the loudest just to get his attention.

Sunset

Yes, Michael should move to Britain and come and live with me :)

I live in a remote town, nobody would bother him here.

hahaha thats cool. you guys are lucky, how awesome. is he already in the UK??

i don't know...MJ seems to always do well on the UK charts....

i don't know if the press can...make them hate him, so..their tongue became a razor....

sry....lol

it would make the most difference to me :lol: but i can see what ur talking about and i hope mj does move to britian and the press back off he should give it a try :lol:

if he moved there, would the fans continue to stalk out his places of residence or would they let him live a fan-free life when he's not trying to do something publicly?

He isn't bothered in the US. He comes and goes in places and there isn't that much of a fuss. It's not that he's loved here, it's just that most people don't make a personal decision to go seek him out. If someone does see him, then there is like a "OMG that is Michael Jackson!", gets all excited, say hi to him, ask him for his autograph or something, but then go about their way.

Last edited:
I would miss his prescence here In the us...
he will have absolute support from me ,In anything descision made...

I'd be more worried about the fans. Last time he was in the UK he was pinned against wall. Tabloids hurt emotionally only if you read them, fans hurt physically.

i thought u stood by the contention that the us media and those in the us still love mike and don't believe the allegations etc....seems like a contradiction, imo.

and the only thingthat would change is that his youngest would grow up w/ an accent.

The media wont change ever no matter what country your in really.

It's interesting how some people can make a move like that work for them. Not just Americans going to Britain, but remember how well Fergie (Sarah Ferguson, the real duchess lol) was treated when she went to America?

I don't think Michael moving to Britain would make a difference though. The British press is vicious and the general public is about the same everywhere. If Michael ever wanted to embark on another project to show the world who he really is, he could do that from anywhere. I still maintain that the fallout of the Bashir documentary was mostly positive. There was a mixed response from the media with some members of the press automatically bashing MJ as usual while others defended him. More importantly however, the public saw through what Bashir was trying to do and was very sympathetic towards Michael immediately after the show. If MJ did something like that again, with the right person this time, showing Michael as he really is, I believe it could work or at least help. But MJ doesn't need to be in Britain to do it.

I doubt Michael is moving to the UK. I doubt the whole Jackson family is moving to the UK, ie along with Michael I very much doubt his father Joseph, Randy, Marlon, Janet, Rebbie and LaToya are moving to Devon to live in a "rented" 4 BEDROOM house.

I think the whole set up in Devon with his mother Katherine, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and there spouses and children is for a "reality" televison show. And like the constant Jackson 5 talk that never happens, his family are saying Michael will be joining them for publicity and nothing more.

Michael is very protective of his children, do you really think he would move to the UK in a blaze of publicity with the media knowing where he and children are living. Because we don't even know the exact location of where Michael is living now, because unlike other members of his family he wants privacy not publicity.

I was wondering now the jacksons are living down here in Devon, if the press are going to be nice to them or not and that includs mj if he comes down.

me and my dad was on about if mj and janet be moving down here, and he went i doubt it. But he said u never know these days.

Last edited:
Back