Have you ever had problems with your family just for being a MJ fan?

Well this is the story, 2 weeks ago my mother was telling to my 8 year old brother that Michael looks like woman, since he was a child he wanted to be a woman 'n I thought: what th f*ck is she sayin???????? :mad:. My bro answered: yes mom, that's true.
I really believe wearing make up doesn't makes Michael gay, or what do you think about this?
Not anly that, my mother had told me that I'm gay for being in :love: with a woman, horrible don't you? She had told he's my god (I idolize him yeah that's true but I don't consider him a god 'cause he's a human being)

wow that sounds bad hun :(
i became a fan through my mum :blink: all of my familys just ok with him my bros and sis like his music but me and my mum are the only ones who love him :wub:

how was it you became a fan if it wasnt through your family since ur mum dosent seem to been keen on him :blink: :lol:

When I used to visit my godfather he played his music or videos n' I felt cautivatted at that time I was 3 years old, now I'm 22 I remember the first video I saw was Thriller, my first song was Billie Jean ;)

wow lol thats soo sweet :D ive only been a fan since late 2003 lol my mum was watching moonwalker and i was bored so i decided to join her....bang! i was looking through all her albums looking for any mj ones i could find :lol:

btw LOVE both the animations in your sig :wub::wub:

Well this is the story, 2 weeks ago my mother was telling to my 8 year old brother that Michael looks like woman, since he was a child he wanted to be a woman 'n I thought: what th f*ck is she sayin???????? :mad:. My bro answered: yes mom, that's true.
I really believe wearing make up doesn't makes Michael gay, or what do you think about this?
Not anly that, my mother had told me that I'm gay for being in :love: with a woman, horrible don't you? She had told he's my god (I idolize him yeah that's true but I don't consider him a god 'cause he's a human being)

Awww that sucks...... aw it sucks when people judge him. I'm sorry your mom doesn't like MJ.

agh that sucks Snowie...just let it go, you can't really make a big thing about it with your mum, you should however try to talk to her, tell her that he's not a god to you, just someone very very special that you care about; that it hurts your feellings when she says something like that, she might understand.

my mum doesnt like him but she doesnt say things like that, im sorry to hear that
though she does make the odd joke, but nothing too offensive, but i bet she does when im not around

Aww snowie... :( My dad is bit the same.. he always says stupid things of mike to me...:( but hes not that bad..:) but my other family members dont say anything:)

Last edited:
Aww snowie... :( My dad is bit the same.. he always says stupid things of mike to me...:( but hes not that bad..:) but my other family members dont say anything:)

My dad hates Michael.
I think he is just jealous of how much I love MJ. We never had true father-daughter relations, but I love him still.

My mum doesn't speak about Michael.

ughhh...my moms friends, friend(does that sound confusing, sorry if it does) well she hates MJ, and my mom said last night that my moms friends friend kept talking about Mj and how she KNOWS that Mj is a child molester and that the media always tells the truth(*rolls eyes* please ugh) and she said little kids never lie..(idk about that one lmao, my little cousin tells good lies). My mom and her friend were not buying that from her, they all disagreed with her..hahaha shows what that lady knows..my mom and her friend told her that MJ is not a molester and that she should read up on his trial before she assumes biased things said by the media..we are proud to be MJ fans, whenever i'm around that lady I don't care if I talk about MJ and she always makes mean faces and makes mean comments about him, but oh well ..i'm just glad my mom and her friend like MJ, I don't care if my moms friends friend doesn't like him..hahah sorry if it sounds confusing..

No, my parents accept him. My father admires him, when he see's MJ perform he say's always WOW. I think I have inherited my passion for dancing (and music) from my dad. And my parents were never fan of any star, so I'm surprised about her "understanding" (although I'm sure they can't imagine my feelings). So on this point I'm glad with my parents.
And well, if your mother said he looks like a woman, It wouldn't annoy me, cause there were times when he rally looked like a woman, I can't deny it. (Tell her about the fire-accidents, though, most people don't know!). If someone would say that, it's just the obviously. It don't bothers me, cause I don't waste my time on the past. Be strong.

I live with my gran and she constantly picks on him. Your just sitting watching a DVD of Michael and she comes in and goes on a big tirade about him. She goes on about his skin colour and him being a pervert. And when you tell her that he has vitiligo and was falsely accused, she calls you a fool for believing it! :(

As Jermaine said in the Big Brother house, "You can't teach the ignorant". People that are prejudice are hateful and insecure in themselves. We must fight ignorance with ignorance - ignore the ignorant because they don't want to hear the truth. :no:

My mum hates MJ too. I was fuming the other day when she was going on about how MJ is so selfish and wouldn't help anyone unless it benefits him. I was like :perrin It's not that she doesn't like MJ, she just does it to get on my nerves. She would do anything to start an argument with me. My mother and I just don't get along :no:

The only advice I can give you is just pretend that what your mother says doesn't upset you. Just go "yeah mum... right....he's gay....yep" Once she realises that she's not upsetting you, she'll stop. Or you could just say, "Just because Michael Jackson wears makeup doesn't mean he's gay" then go ahead and list all the male celebrities you can think of that wear makeup and are straight. It's just a shame that you're more open minded and accepting than your mother is :no:

Thank you so much for your comments, your suppor, undersanding :happy: right now I'm just tryin that my family respects my admiration to Michael.
I've been his fan for almost 2 decades, although the believe every single stuff said by the fuckin filthy press I'm not gonna change my mind about Mike.
He's my idol, my heroe, he helped me a lot during my childhood, it isn't easy at all to born premmie n' havin physical limations, deal with a low self estime but here I am tryin to carry on with my life... well I'm gettin emotional

thanks a buch everybody :hug:

I forgot to say, eventhough I :wub: Michael so much it's 100% platonic, imposible n' some say I'll find a good man that loves me so I'll remember Michael as the love of my childhood n' teenagehood :happy:
It's good to know I'm not alone in this world :happy:

I am sorry to hear. its a shame how people ridcule Michael for the way he looks, there is nothing wrong with him. I hope everything goes well with you hun(snow_white) I am an MJ fan, and my daughter is a fan as well,which is good. But you shouldn't care that your mother doesn't like MJ,its hard, but just ignore her. I hope helped you a little bit.

ughhh...my moms friends, friend(does that sound confusing, sorry if it does) well she hates MJ, and my mom said last night that my moms friends friend kept talking about Mj and how she KNOWS that Mj is a child molester and that the media always tells the truth(*rolls eyes* please ugh) and she said little kids never lie..(idk about that one lmao, my little cousin tells good lies). My mom and her friend were not buying that from her, they all disagreed with her..hahaha shows what that lady knows..my mom and her friend told her that MJ is not a molester and that she should read up on his trial before she assumes biased things said by the media..we are proud to be MJ fans, whenever i'm around that lady I don't care if I talk about MJ and she always makes mean faces and makes mean comments about him, but oh well ..i'm just glad my mom and her friend like MJ, I don't care if my moms friends friend doesn't like him..hahah sorry if it sounds confusing..

yes, the ignorance of her. but who cares, she is so biased. Her mouth drives me crazy sometimes.

Last edited:
(i'm sorry for my english..please correct me)

i began to love Michael since the first time i saw him on tv. i was 11 years old, in 1992. i was collecting everything i could fine. i was just a kid and i couldn't find money easily...!! until 1995 i had all the LPs, and every stuff i found (umbrellas, gloves, hats, posters etc). When the first scandal came up, my parent was acting like phsychos!! they were beating me every time they were listening to me say his name, or listen to his music. They destroyed all my photos,my tapes, my video tapes.... (that period i had no cds!!)fortunately i succeed to save my lps. After this i tried to collect them again!! in 1998 i had an argument with my father, and i told him, that i love M more than anyone else, and that i hated my father because he destroyed all my archive, and because he hate what i love the most. we had a fight and he broke my leg!! after i went out from the hospital i promise to my self not to let anyone to realise that i am a MJ fan. i promised that i'll keep loving him but secretly. Today i am 27 years old, and this very moment...i'm still hidding!! i turned off the lights and i am trying to type in the dark so none can see what im doing. a normal person would ask me..."you are 27 years ol and you are controled by your parents? don't you leave alone?" i would answer that i work for 400 dollars per month, and here in Greece the thIngs are very difficult. i can not survive alone with 400 $ per month. we pay 500$ just for rent!!! so... i would like to say to Michael:
ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES!!!
I NEVER BETRAYED YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!
YOU ARE THE PEACE OF MY SOUL!!

Last edited:

i began to love Michael since the first time i saw him on tv. i was 11 years old, in 1992. i was collecting everything i could fine. i was just a kid and i could find money easily...!! until 1995 i had all the LPs, and every stuff i found (umbrellas, gloves, hats, posters etc). When the first scandal came up, my parent was acting like phsychos!! they were veiting me every time they were hearing me say his name, or listen to his music. They destroyed all my photos,my tapes, my video tapes.... (that period i had no cds!!)fortunately i succeed to save my lps. After this i tried to collect them all again!! in 1998 i had an argument with my father, and i told him, that i love M more than him, and that i hated him because he destroyed all my archive, and because he hate what i love the most. we had a fight and he broke my leg!! after i went out from the hospital i promise to my self not to let anyone to realise that i am a MJ fan. i promised that i'll keep loving him but secretly. Today i am 27 years old, and this very moment...i'm still hidding!! i turned off the lights and i am trying to type in the dark so none can see what im doing. a normal person would ask me..."you are 27 years ol and you are controled by your parents? don'[t you leave alone?" i would answer that i work for 400 dollars per month, and here in Greece the thIngs are very difficult. i can not survive alone with 400 $ per month. we pay 500$ just for rent!!! so... i would like to say to Michael:
ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES!!!
I NEVER BETRAYED YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!
YOU ARE MY THE PEACE OF MY SOUL!!

Oh wow such a sad story. I understand why you are in hiding. Because your parents seem to be crazy over the fact that you are an MJ fan. And don't worry, I don't live with my parents, but I still follow their rules. Your family just doesn't understand what being an MJ fan is all about. To me being a fan of Michael, is very different than being a fan of another music artist. I guess because most MJ fans are very nice, and we all see each other as family. During my teenage years I was a huge fan of this band called Orgy, but the other fans I have met, are rude, and mean. Now I have been an MJ fan all my life, but during my teenage years I got really into rock, and wasn't listening to him as much. About two years ago I got back into being a MJ fanatic again lol. And I say it with all my heart being a fan of MJ has a totally different feeling than anything else. It is a good, and wonderful feeling. People just don't understand.

i began to love Michael since the first time i saw him on tv. i was 11 years old, in 1992. i was collecting everything i could fine. i was just a kid and i couldn't find money easily...!! until 1995 i had all the LPs, and every stuff i found (umbrellas, gloves, hats, posters etc). When the first scandal came up, my parent was acting like phsychos!! they were beating me every time they were listening to me say his name, or listen to his music. They destroyed all my photos,my tapes, my video tapes.... (that period i had no cds!!)fortunately i succeed to save my lps. After this i tried to collect them again!! in 1998 i had an argument with my father, and i told him, that i love M more than anyone else, and that i hated my father because he destroyed all my archive, and because he hate what i love the most. we had a fight and he broke my leg!! after i went out from the hospital i promise to my self not to let anyone to realise that i am a MJ fan. i promised that i'll keep loving him but secretly. Today i am 27 years old, and this very moment...i'm still hidding!! i turned off the lights and i am trying to type in the dark so none can see what im doing. a normal person would ask me..."you are 27 years ol and you are controled by your parents? don't you leave alone?" i would answer that i work for 400 dollars per month, and here in Greece the thIngs are very difficult. i can not survive alone with 400 $ per month. we pay 500$ just for rent!!! so... i would like to say to Michael:
ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES!!!
I NEVER BETRAYED YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU
AND I ALWAYS WILL!!
YOU ARE THE PEACE OF MY SOUL!!

OMG! It's incredibly sad what ignorance can do. I feel so sorry that you had to go through all of this, and if possible I would recommend some type of counseling, mostly for the relationship with your father.

I sorta understad why you still hide it, but you have to believe in yourself and believe that no matter what anyone says Michael being a part of your life is a GOOD THING and no one can take that away from you.

I'm so glad you foud your way to this forum, in here you'll find lots of people who love MJ as much as you and who've gone through bad stuff because of it.

I can even beggin to explain how glad I am my family is very open minded and most of them feel some sort of admiration for Michael, I can imagine having to go through your situation.

Keep your head up and know Michael would be proud of you for staying true to what you believe.

I realy realy realy cant get why people forbid other people not to listen to MJ , just incredible !!.

With no disrespect intended..."Ignorance is truly a wit of a fool..!" Your Mom's friend is "incorrect"...
I know for a "FACT" from personal experience that children DO LIE..! Are influenced by what they "think" they want, and the by the adults that have their "OWN" alterior motives to achieve their goal (s)...

Last edited:
With no dosrespect intended..."Ignorance is truly a wit of a fool..!" Your Mom's friend is "incorrect"...
I know for a "FACT" from personal experience that children DO LIE..! Are influenced by what they "think" they want, and the by the adults that have their "OWN" alterior motives to achieve their goal (s)...

I agree with you....she really believes this tabliod junk and thinks that these kids Gavin and Jordan are little angels and would never lie...please, they do lie..my cousin is a good liar and I have caught on to him. so for that lady to say that, well she is being bias and she is one sided and very judgemental ugh... she is not my moms close friend though, thank god, she is my mom's friends friend YAY!! she is way too opinionated,esp. when its towards Michael.. but all i got to say to her is ": MICHAEL IS THE BEST, SHUT UP ABOUT HIM, HE HAS BEEN PROVEN INNOCENT, GO READ UP ON THE TRUE BOOKS ON HIS TRIAL DUH..!!!" lol

With no dosrespect intended..."Ignorance is truly a wit of a fool..!" Your Mom's friend is "incorrect"...

I never stated she was ignorant, somoneelse must have posted that..maybe you replyed to the wrong post????:p and yes...she is "incorrect" lol

I never stated she was ignorant, somoneelse must have posted that..maybe you replyed to the wrong post????:p and yes...she is "incorrect" lol

Just the fact she says the media say the trutht and little kids never lie is ignorance .

No you didn't state that your mom's friend is ignorant; I did...I meant that she is blinded, tunnel visioned, lack knowledge, nieve...

Does that make sense?

Back