Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 68 USD (36%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: Randy & The Gypsies

   
  1. #16
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default You Got A Lady

    Last edited by DuranDuran; 22-11-2020 at 12:05 AM.

  2. #17
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default I Need You

    Last edited by DuranDuran; 22-11-2020 at 12:06 AM.

  3. #18
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Cool Randy & The Gypsys 2010

    This is an article written in March 2010 about the group and has replies written by some of the band members.

    http://backintheday.theurbanmusicsce...elftitled.aspx (inactive link)

    Wayback Machine (working link)
    Last edited by DuranDuran; 05-09-2015 at 10:57 PM.

  4. #19
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default Not Because Of Me

    Last edited by DuranDuran; 22-11-2020 at 12:07 AM.

  5. #20
    Points: 2,312, Level: 29
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 6.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979
    Points
    2,312
    Level
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Randy should have continued on with his music. I wonder why he stopped.
    Join me on twitter @miaandpenny

  6. #21
    Points: 1,686, Level: 23
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    59
    Points
    1,686
    Level
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    I bought that album a couple of years ago of Ebay. Its GREAT! Randy's voice is amazing. I think Randy should have gotten bigger.

  7. #22
    Points: 18,001, Level: 85
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330
    Points
    18,001
    Level
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsys 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    This is an article written in March 2010 about the group and has replies written by some of the band members.

    http://backintheday.theurbanmusicscene.com/2010/03/08/randy--the-gypsys-selftitled.aspx
    Thanks. In some interview around the time the album came out Jackie said he liked this album better than Janet's new album (Rhythm Nation).
    I Love You More!

  8. #23
    Points: 12,528, Level: 73
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    914
    Points
    12,528
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 185 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Quote Originally Posted by yaazgurl View Post
    Randy should have continued on with his music. I wonder why he stopped.
    I think all the brothers dreamed of much bigger success and when they realized they couldn't achieve that, they gave up. It's a shame.

    Tito is the only one that's been always playing music because he loves it, but he is yet to release an album.

  9. #24
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I think all the brothers dreamed of much bigger success and when they realized they couldn't achieve that, they gave up. It's a shame.
    They can still release music now if they wanted to. They can sign with a label like KOCH Records. They specialize in veteran artists that the major labels ignore. Granted, they won't get the mass promotion, but they're over a certain age, so they're not going to get radio play no matter what label they're on. Teens and young adults generally don't listen to the music their parents listen to or performers of their parents' generation or older.

  10. #25
    Points: 12,528, Level: 73
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    914
    Points
    12,528
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 185 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    They can still release music now if they wanted to. They can sign with a label like KOCH Records. They specialize in veteran artists that the major labels ignore. Granted, they won't get the mass promotion, but they're over a certain age, so they're not going to get radio play no matter what label they're on. Teens and young adults generally don't listen to the music their parents listen to or performers of their parents' generation or older.
    Sure, but I think the problem with them is that they don't want to just make music for the fun of it. They wanted to have success of Janet's or MJ's magnitude, and when they realized they couldn't do it, they didn't care about making music anymore.
    Do you think Randy has written and recorded any songs in the last 10 years? I doubt that.

    A shame, really. Randy's album was really good, reading the story about how he completed the band and how it all worked out... damn.

    I would love to talk to one of the brothers about their music and the reasons they stopped. Maybe this would open up their eyes just a little bit?

    I got to talk to Will.I.Am personally, because I wrote a letter to him, analyzing his creative output. I did criticize some of his music and I think that's the reason why he wanted to talk about it.

    -----------------

    I hope Tito gets to release an album sometime in the future. I'm sure it will be good.

  11. #26
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Arrow Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Sure, but I think the problem with them is that they don't want to just make music for the fun of it. They wanted to have success of Janet's or MJ's magnitude, and when they realized they couldn't do it, they didn't care about making music anymore.
    Do you think Randy has written and recorded any songs in the last 10 years? I doubt that.

    A shame, really. Randy's album was really good, reading the story about how he completed the band and how it all worked out... damn.

    I would love to talk to one of the brothers about their music and the reasons they stopped. Maybe this would open up their eyes just a little bit?

    I got to talk to Will.I.Am personally, because I wrote a letter to him, analyzing his creative output. I did criticize some of his music and I think that's the reason why he wanted to talk about it.

    -----------------

    I hope Tito gets to release an album sometime in the future. I'm sure it will be good.
    I'm surprised someone wrote about the album and the group. I figured it was pretty obscure.

  12. #27
    Points: 12,528, Level: 73
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    914
    Points
    12,528
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 185 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Quote Originally Posted by DuranDuran View Post
    I'm surprised someone wrote about the album and the group. I figured it was pretty obscure.
    Yeah, I've personally never heard about it until 2008. Did you know about this LP when it came out?

    I quite like that album, One More Chance is one of my favourite tracks on Victory so listening to a "solo" album by Randy is a real pleasure.

  13. #28
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default Re: Randy & The Gypsies

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Yeah, I've personally never heard about it until 2008. Did you know about this LP when it came out?

    I quite like that album, One More Chance is one of my favourite tracks on Victory so listening to a "solo" album by Randy is a real pleasure.
    I remember the album from the time, and that Video Soul were playing the videos. I don't recall the singles getting much radio play, but She from the 2300 Jackson Street album did get a lot of play on the local R&B stations. I wonder why Randy released his album the same time the brothers album came out. I wonder if Mike's Dangerous album would have been different if 2300 Jackson Street (the song) hadn't have been made, because Teddy Riley produced and co-wrote the song with the 4 brothers who were the group at the time. Teddy also produced She.

  14. #29
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default Luv Thang feat. Karyn White

    Last edited by DuranDuran; 22-11-2020 at 12:07 AM.

  15. #30
    Points: 72,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nibiru
    Posts
    11,065
    Points
    72,267
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,144 Posts

    Default I Can't Wait

    Last edited by DuranDuran; 22-11-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •