Bruce Springsteen

laurenjayne

Proud Member
just got back from my second Bruce concert last night - my fisrt time seeing the E-street band though!
it was amazing! it was at manchester stadium, great turn out too! he is crazy on stage sliding on his knees and that lol!

any other fans here? any one else seen him live?

I love Bruce Springsteen " Born To Run", " Dancing In The Dark", "Streets of Philidelphia", " Born in the U.S.A"are awsome songs

Last edited:
I LOVE HIM, he's brilliant. I have all of his records and DVD's and seen him live several times. My next concert will be in Germany on June 16. I totally love his shows, he's so energetic on stage and such a talented musician, very charismatic. I also like the accoustic stuff he's done, he's such a versatile artist, great songwriter and storyteller.

Last edited:
havnt seen him live as fan but i worked at one his concerts in i think 03. ended up as security on his dressing room so that was cool as i saw him loads of times going back and forth. suprised at how small he is

i just always thought he was tall for some reason. when he first walked in i didnt even recognise him lol

Bump.......... :D

what do you all think of the new album Magic??
livin in the future is my favourite from this album, real catchy and good lyrics :D

and Girls in there summer clothes is a great summer song makes me feel happy when i listen to it

I just love Bruce. Been to two of his concerts on the current tour and he's just a great performer. I like him with the E Street Band, but I like him much more when he's doing his accoustic sessions. He has made so many songs that are really touching, what a great poet and songwriter. On stage, he's very charismatic and a very good showman.

I'm currently trying to get into him.

Can anyone recommend any good albums?

^ i would say the best three albums would be Born To Run, We Shall Over Come (with seeger sessions band) and my favourite The Rising :D

Last edited:
The Rising is a very good album, but I'm more into his accoustic stuff like Nebraska and Ghost of Tom Joad. The River, Born to Run and Born in the USA are early classics, the albums that made him an international superstar. If you're trying to get into him for the first time go and get the Greatest Hits first or the 2 CD collection The Essential Bruce Springsteen, and then maybe one of his live albums like Live in Dublin 2006.

hummmm. yeah i love bruce springsteen. i only like his music up to The River album though. i saw him in concert in L.A. in 1981 and it was the funnest concert i've been to.:yes: i clapped my hands so much they were sore.:rofl:

edit: of course i didn't bother to see MJ so that's why bruce's was the funnest.

Last edited:
Umm, what? He's made so much great music since. He's one of the last superstars who, after so many years in the music business, still manages to remain relevant. His music is great, but you really have to listen to the lyrics, they deal with a lot of stuff that's going on in the world, he's an amazing storyteller.

He wrote "Cover Me" for Donna Summer, but she declined. So Bruce recorded it himself and put it on his 'Born In The USA' album.

Springsteen Rocks Super Bowl With Classic Hits
February 01, 2009 08:13 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Billboard

58539-springsteen_bruce_07l.gif

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band made the most of their 12 minutes during the Super Bowl XLIII halftime show tonight (Feb. 1) in Tampa, Fla., rocking through the classics "10th Avenue Freeze Out," "Born To Run," "Glory Days" and the new song "Working on a Dream."

"I want you to put the chicken fingers down and turn your television all the way up," Springsteen commanded as the band jumped into the vintage sing-a-long "10th Avenue Freeze Out," which was played at the three-minute running time of its studio version on the album "Born To Run." In live performance, the song is frequently stretched into a 15-minute jam.

With Springsteen and guitarists Steven Van Zandt and Patti Scialfa on a platform in front of the stage, a choir joined the group for "Working on a Dream," the title cut of the new Springsteen album released on Jan. 27.

The set concluded with the "Born in the U.S.A." chestnut "Glory Days," an appropriate Super Bowl choice for its reference to a "hail mary" pass. After the final note sounded, Springsteen shouted, "I'm going to Disneyland!"

The Super Bowl performance capped a Springsteen media blitz tied into "Working on a Dream." The artist also made available a new "Greatest Hits" package exclusively at Wal-Mart, prompting a host of negative comments from fans and observers.

Manager Jon Landau defended the move in a recent Billboard interview, but Springsteen told the New York Times this weekend that the decision was "a mistake."

Springsteen and the E Street Band kick off a world tour April 1 in San Jose, Calif.

Wow, I LOVE Bruce, even though his new album, Working on a dream, is not so appealing to me. I like some songs on it, but most songs sound like fillers and leftovers from his previous album, Magic, which is a great album. The Superbowl performance was great, very energetic and dynamic, but his voice was obviously suffering a bit. And the scene where he crashed with the camera was just hilarious.

After MJ Bruce is my favorite singer... I've been lucky to see him live twice so far and will see him in concert again this summer! :D

I quite like his new album. Especially I think 'The Wrestler' and 'The last carnival' are very beautiful!

[video=youtube;oPPeJgJAXqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPPeJgJAXqk[/video]
‘Springsteen On Broadway’ the soundtrack album is available December 14, 2018.
Pre-order and listen now: http://smarturl.it/springsteenbway Watch 'Springsteen On Broadway' on Netflix on December 16.

[video=youtube;nGqjav-KbDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqjav-KbDU[/video]
Warner Bros. Pictures will release a cinematic film version of Bruce Springsteen’s latest album, Western Stars, worldwide, on the big screen. Longtime collaborator Thom Zimny directs together with Springsteen in his directorial debut. The announcement was made today by Toby Emmerich, Chairman Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “Western Stars,” which will make its world premiere at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival, is slated for release this fall. However, fans can get an exclusive first look ahead of New Line Cinema’s “Blinded By The Light,” opening in theatres nationwide August 16, 2019.

Springsteen’s first studio album in five years, Western Stars marks a departure for the legendary singer/songwriter while still drawing on his roots. Touching on themes of love and loss, loneliness and family and the inexorable passage of time, the documentary film evokes the American West—both the mythic and the hardscrabble—weaving archival footage and Springsteen’s personal narration with song to tell the story of Western Stars.

“Western Stars” offers fans the world over their only opportunity to see Springsteen perform all 13 songs on the album, backed up by a band and a full orchestra, under the cathedral ceiling of his historic nearly 100-year-old barn. Emmerich stated, “Bruce lives in the super rarified air of artists who have blazed new and important trails deep into their careers. With ‘Western Stars,’ Bruce is pivoting yet again, taking us with him on an emotional and introspective cinematic journey, looking back and looking ahead. As one of his many fans for over 40 years, I couldn’t be happier to be a rider on this train with Bruce and Thom.”

Western Stars, Springsteen’s 19th studio album, has achieved global success. It has been #1 on the iTunes charts on every continent, including such countries as the U.S., the UK, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Australia, India, South Africa, and all of Scandinavia, among other countries. It has also received rave reviews, with critics using words like “hauntingly brilliant,” “beguiling,” “gorgeous” and a “masterpiece.”

Springsteen and Zimny, who together helmed “Western Stars,” have collaborated on several projects over the years, including the documentary “The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town,” and the Netflix filmed version of the Tony Award-winning “Springsteen on Broadway,” which Zimny directed.

“Western Stars” is written and performed by Bruce Springsteen, with Special Guest Patti Scialfa. Thom Zimny, Jon Landau, Barbara Carr and George Travis produced the film, with Springsteen serving as executive producer. The original score is by Springsteen.

Back