What kind of perfume/cologne you wear?

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
I thought this would be a fun topic...

I am kind of picky about perfume, I don't like spicy, too much flowers, soapy perfume/cologne. My all time favorite perfume that I wear almost always/for years is "Givenchy Amarige"...

People (men mostly) stop and ask me...I don't want to be too forward but I just had to ask you what kind of perfume are you wearing? Don't know if its a pick up line or not...but it happens quit frequently...

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

Re: What kind of perfume/cologne you where?

Oh ,man Thank you sdeidjs for this thread I love and have a lil collection !
yes I use to wear Amarige too a very pretty fragrance...I never seem to stick to one signature ,I'm alway's switching up:D...Have you heard of or tried '' philosophy's ''AMAZING GRACE'' cologne spray for women ? It's one of my top favorite ever !!
The scent Is so beautiful to me ,light fresh clean smell .a unique fragrance...I ran out so It's time to get some more haha ! It has staying power ,I forget I have It on most of the time...until I say to myself something smells good ,what Is that ? haha then I remember It's my Amazing Grace ''Duh''
Also by Philosophy Is '' FALLING IN LOVE '' the name speaks for It's self ,to me It has like a candy/exotic ,tropical flowers like smell ,It's hard to pin point because It too Is unique ...
I wear '' pretty Miss Marissa '' by ( Ebba ) a frangrance oil ,which has a fresh clean mint aroma that last through out the day...
'' CHILD'' Is the name of another fragrance oil made by ( APOTHIA ) It has a Jasmine like scent, that I wear...
There's more to list,but I think I'm getting to excited from writing about perfume ,that my post might get longer than It Is already Is ,hope I did'nt bore you:smilerolleyes:
haha Thanks Again Sdeidjs !

I try all kinds, but my traditional one is.. COOL WATER

I have samples of cool water,a nice fragrance:)
Hi Wendi...

Mostly Britney Spears' Fantasy :wub: it's so fruity and sweet and vanilla!! yum

PINK with a splash from Victorias Secret!!yummmm

I love anything Vanilla !!

male scents:
Drakkar
Polo Sport
Polo Sport Extreme ... :( they dont make it anymore

Female scents:
cashmir ... i think that is what it is called ??
shalimar
sheshiedo (sp) body care products
DK cashmere mist

I cannot think of the names ... I am a fragrance whore :lol:
jadore

Oh ,man Thank you sdeidjs for this thread I love and have a lil collection !
yes I use to wear Amarige too a very pretty fragrance...I never seem to stick to one signature ,I'm alway's switching up:D...Have you heard of or tried '' philosophy's ''AMAZING GRACE'' cologne spray for women ? It's one of my top favorite ever !!
The scent Is so beautiful to me ,light fresh clean smell .a unique fragrance...I ran out so It's time to get some more haha ! It has staying power ,I forget I have It on most of the time...until I say to myself something smells good ,what Is that ? haha then I remember It's my Amazing Grace ''Duh''
Also by Philosophy Is '' FALLING IN LOVE '' the name speaks for It's self ,to me It has like a candy/exotic ,tropical flowers like smell ,It's hard to pin point because It too Is unique ...
I wear '' pretty Miss Marissa '' by ( Ebba ) a frangrance oil ,which has a fresh clean mint aroma that last through out the day...
'' CHILD'' Is the name of another fragrance oil made by ( APOTHIA ) It has a Jasmine like scent, that I wear...
There's more to list,but I think I'm getting to excited from writing about perfume ,that my post might get longer than It Is already Is ,hope I did'nt bore you:smilerolleyes:
haha Thanks Again Sdeidjs !

Giggles...Wow...I will check the others that you mentioned...but I got to tell you even though I am a very open minded individual I found that "NOTHING" compares/even comes close to Givincey's Amarige...

Thank You for the tip (s)...I'll let you know what I think...

Last edited:

male scents:
Drakkar
Polo Sport

Female scents:
shalimar
DK cashmere mist

jadore

Nice~~~my dad loves POLO when he uses Polo one can smell him throughout the nursing home...giggles~~~...Mmm! I will check out the others and let you know what I think is hot...Gosh I am such a turd sometimes......giggles

I try all kinds, but my traditional one is.. COOL WATER

Cool Water is a nice scent...Wow...all I gotta say a man in cologne...I better not go there...Smiles~~~

PINK with a splash from Victorias Secret!!yummmm

Mmm! I will check it out...even though I am not a big fan of Victoria Secrets...only because they do not offer under garments for "all" types of women...

I will leave it at that...giggles~~~

Mostly Britney Spears' Fantasy :wub: it's so fruity and sweet and vanilla!! yum

Never checked it out...but I will now...

male scents:
Drakkar
Polo Sport

Female scents:
shalimar
DK cashmere mist

jadore

Yah...Babe...Giggles~~~

Last edited by a moderator:

My favorite right now is one that my mom bought me. I believe it is Lily of the Valley, but not sure who.. well I can go look. Crabtree & Evelyn or something. It smells just like the flowers. Growing up I had a couple favorites. One was a Ralph Lauren perfume for women but I can't recall the name, and I had poison that was a gift to me. My very first perfume had a swan on the bottle and I can't remember what it was called. I like tresor (sp?) on my mom, and Red Door on her.

I haven't worn perfume or cologne for a long time but I used to be very hooked on Ombre Rose. Here's a description:

Launched by the design house of Jean Charles Brosseau in 1981, OMBRE ROSE is classified as a luxurious, oriental, floral fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of rosewood, geranium, rose, cedarwood, honey, vanilla and musk. It is recommended for romantic wear.

I wonder if it is available anywhere today? Hmm...

-_-

I'm a biiiiiiig lover of perfume :wild:

When I worked at the airport my friends would have to drag me away from the duty free samples :rofl:

My choice is: Elizabeth Arden - Mediterranean

omg I just love this scent :wub: :wub:

Other than that I lubs:
- Davidoff Echo for Women
- Jennifer Lopez's - Live
- Anais Anais (my grandma wore this and I love it :))
- Chanel no. 5
- Sarah Jessica Parker's - Lovely

^_^

i have a huge collection of perfumes. currently im wearing a DKNY's one. its called red delicious
one of my very faves is elizabeth taylor's white diamonds :wild:

AF560.jpg

:wub:

large__16_04_2007_00_53_Cacharel-noa.jpg

:wub:

^ ooh yes and yes!! and Roxanne I love Red delicious too :wild:

DKNY new york or Christina Aguilera's perfume.

My all time favorite is Escape from Calvin Klein.

I don't like the spicy and too sweet parfumes, better some fresh ones.

My all time favorite is Jessica McClintock, so clean/light/fresh. It's the only one I can wear to work at the hospital. My co-workers say it smells like I just stepped out of the shower without any cloying perfumey aroma.

Another one that works well with my chemistry is Liz Claiborne's "Claiborne". Not overly sweet or heavy, just nice when I go out somewhere like dinner.

For heavy duty special occasions, Il Bacio by Borghese. Lovely but heavier, goes well in the winter with sweaters, etc.

OOO OOOO somebody's post reminded me... one of my fave Female scents to wear ....

HYPNOTIC POISON ... I still cannot think who makes it :( But that stuff is heaven !!

edit:
I think it is by christian dior ??

Last edited:

Yup, Hypnotic Poison is a Christian Dior scent. I've not smelled Hynotic, but I do like simple Poison on others, doesn't seem to work with my chemistry- smells different for some reason when I've tried it.

Tresor smells sooo good on one of my friends, but not good at all when I've sampled it on myself. Weird.

Diorling used to be one of my favorites, again a very light crisp aroma, but Dior no longer produces that one.

I have all sorts of different perfumes, but these are my favorites...

-The One by Dolce & Gabbana
- Princess by Vera Wang

Yup, Hypnotic Poison is a Christian Dior scent. I've not smelled Hynotic, but I do like simple Poison on others, doesn't seem to work with my chemistry- smells different for some reason when I've tried it.

Tresor smells sooo good on one of my friends, but not good at all when I've sampled it on myself. Weird.

Diorling used to be one of my favorites, again a very light crisp aroma, but Dior no longer produces that one.

That is frustrating. Cher had a fragrance called 'Unenhibitted' but it is very hard to find, since they have stopped making it. However, if you ask about it in specialty parfume shops, it is possible to find it by chance. The body splash smells just as good as the good stuff and for half the cost. My taste is always pricey, but I am not too proud to save a penny.

For some reason, men's cologne always smells very musty on me. So, I use woman's fragrance. Many of my female friends get very upset because they will smell my parfume on me but when they try it, they don't get the same fragrance. Chemistry I am guessing?

On other men, armani is deliscious though! Oh and that other one, laugerfeld makes me weak in the knees.

Last edited:

I have all sorts of different perfumes, but these are my favorites...

- Princess by Vera Wang

OMG yes it smells so good. I bought it a while ago and it smells delicious. :happy:

mine are

- Red Jeans by Versace
- Euphoria by Calvin klein
- Daisy by Marc Jacobs

I am absolutely in love with STELLA by Stella McCartney-- ladies try this. I also like Coolwater and the femme perfume by Gucci ..very fresh.

i go back n forth between Chanel Allure and Euphoria by Calvin Klein, thats what i wear now.

That is frustrating. Cher had a fragrance called 'Unenhibitted' but it is very hard to find, since they have stopped making it. However, if you ask about it in specialty parfume shops, it is possible to find it by chance. The body splash smells just as good as the good stuff and for half the cost. My taste is always pricey, but I am not too proud to save a penny.

For some reason, men's cologne always smells very musty on me. So, I use woman's fragrance. Many of my female friends get very upset because they will smell my parfume on me but when they try it, they don't get the same fragrance. Chemistry I am guessing?

On other men, armani is deliscious though! Oh and that other one, laugerfeld makes me weak in the knees.

Just for sh*tz & giggles I will spray mens cologne on at Macy's Department Store to see what would smell good on me...you got watch though when you go cologne/perfume testing...sometimes you end smelling like a h*re (as Pam & Jay would say)...giggles

Armani...? I will check it out...

Last edited:

My absolute favorite fragrance is Elizabeth Taylor's Passion. OMG do I just love the smell of that perfume.

P1016049.jpg

I think that is like the best perfume in the world. I usually like and can wear just about any kind of perfume. But there are some perfumes like Vanilla Musk that I can't handle the smell of them. Vanilla Musk especially I tend to get a horrible headache and feel really nauseated after smelling that perfum. I don't know how any one can stand that perfume. I just wish they stop making it.

Last edited:
Back