Which album(s) had the highest expectation?

Which album(s) had the highest expectation for it?

• Off The Wall

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Thriller

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 166 76.9%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 22 10.2%
  • HIStory

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Blood On The Dance Floor

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Invincible

Votes: 51 23.6%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
What MJ album(s) would you say had the highest expectations from people? I'd say that the Bad album probably had high expecation since it was the follow up to Thriller which is the biggest selling album of all time.

Last edited:
I agree with you about "Bad". Having to follow up a monster hit like "Thriller" must have been a heck of a lot of pressure for MJ at the time.

BAD would have HAD to have the highest expectation since it was the album after the LARGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME..

I voted for HIStory...but I'm looking forward to the new album

i had to vote for bad because it had to follow up from an album like thriller, so the expectations had to be high after he just released the biggest selling album!

Def BAd..because it had 2 follow thriller..but dangerous was HIGHLY anticipating(remember the story about the briefcases and some guy trying 2 steal the albums)..and wasnt it like a year or 2 late?

After the mega succes of Thriller everyones expectations were sky high! The sky was the limit. :)

No doubt. Even though the pressure was high on HIStory after the stupid allegations in 93 that was something totally different.

Bad it would be.. for the same reason that has already posted, because it followed the biggest selling album of all time, Thriller.

Every of his albums had high expectations because they are Michael's albums (and they were always late...). But, yeah, maybe Bad had the highest.

Every album of his has always been highly anticipated but I agree that Bad is the most anticipated. I would even call it the most anticipated album of all time :lol: I remember reading somewhere that the night before Bad was officially released it made the top stories on all the news channels in the USA :lol:

Bad - which didnt sell as well as Thriller but was definently a better album

No question: Bad
How do you follow up the biggest selling album of all time?!!!

Also Invincible...too bad it was cut short.

And his next album will have massive expectation too, after trial and all.

Last edited:
I agree with most of you and voted for Bad. After the success of Thriller there must have been a lot of high expectations.

Blood On The Dance Floor was his last album before Invincible

That was a remix album with FIVE new songs. If we consider it that way, then his last album was NUMBER ONES with ONE MORE CHANCE.

But HISTORY had 15 NEW SONGS and 15 OLD SONGS!!! PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T BE SO IGNORANT!

Shouldn't MJ's new album have low expectations from people though? Cause ever since the trial the media have been talking about ''the fall of Michael Jackson'' and how he's finished etc, and i've also heard people say that their having doubts about MJ's next album

This is great though because MJ have said that he works best when he's underestimated, so this next album could be one of his best and it will be a great way to shock all the doubters

invincible. It was just 10 years later than his 'last' album dangerous.
u forgot HIStory.
Invincible was 6 years after his last album HIStory.

but i agree, i voted for Invincivle too.
i think it was expected to sell even more than Thriller. and ive heard that :heart:Michael expected it to sell more.

is it true?

Last edited:
I voted for both Bad & HIStory. Obvious reasons posted before, not going to waste my time posting the same thing 10+ people psoted already :lol:

Back