'Beat It' gains success in the UK

bobmoo79

Proud Member
The new version of Beat It by Fall Out Boy is slowly gaining ground in the UK.

It has now been moved from the B-List to the A-list on Radio 1 and so will now gain more spins per day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

The single has also moved up again in the UK single chart from #30 to #27 in its 9th week on the chart.
It seems that the single is a slow burner, but it should continue to gain ground in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

good, as long as radio 1 playlist any song it will survive enough to enter the chart at a decent level, radio 1 are gatekeepers.

The cover is so crappy that I don't even care about the exposure it gets and would rather focus on its suckiness.

Fall Out Boy's version of Beat it is so awful that i wanna throw up just listening to it, and worst of all is that the stupid kids of today are saying that FOB version of Beat It is better than MJ's version. This is the main reason why i hate MJ covers because you'll always get the stupid people who say that the cover is better than the original

Michael's songs should never be coverd they'll just be murderd if they do

The song has risen again in the charts up from #27 to #21 and is still on the A-List.

I can't see WBSS 08 reaching this position in the chart. I think it's good that the song is proving fairly successful. Hopefully it will gain even more ground.

I don`t like Beat It 2008 ... sorry :(

This is about Fall Out Boy's cover of 'Beat It', not 'Beat It 08' which included Fergie. IMO FOBs version is far superior to 'Beat It 08'.
The first time my (now) wife heard Beat It 08 she said it sounds like it's been put together in someone's bedroom rather than a professional studio and I have to agree with her. The production on it is terrible.

FOBs version on the other hand is a whole different thing.

The first time my (now) wife heard Beat It 08 she said it sounds like it's been put together in someone's bedroom

Maybe it was. :lol:

*imagining those lyrics and a short film made in the bedroom*

It's not a bad cover song..
I like it!

Let's try not to hate every MJs cover! ^^

The song is still in the Radio 1 A-list for another week and is currently hovering at number 12 and 13 on the itunes chart.

The midweeks also have them in the top 20, so we might see it climb into the top 20 for the first time on Sunday, in what will be its 11th week on the chart.

I haven't paid too much attention to charts recently but it seems unusual to me that a song performs the way this one has on the charts. It is the 11th week and it is still slowly creeping up the charts. It makes a change from the usual thrust into the top ten and then steady decline that I'm used to seeing.

MODS:

CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE THIS TO GENERAL DISCUSSION, SINCE THIS IS NOT THE VERSION OF BEAT IT ON THRILLER 25???

Last edited:
Mods:

Can You Please Move This To General Discussion, Since This Is Not The Version Of Beat It On Thriller 25???

Back