What happened to MJ's security Wayne Nagin?

Dri

Proud Member
I wonder what happened to the former security of Michael Jackson, Wayne Nagin.
I liked him...Thank you!

0000339455-002.jpg

i wonder myself, coincidently i was thinking the same today. wayne is a great guy and michaels good friend, i have great memories of him from 1996 London.

Apparently he's the one who introduced Michael to Dieter Wiesner?

yeah you can't blame him really...

chris tucker introduced this kid to michael jackson...

Wayne was the BEST bodyguard ever!! I reeeally liked him!!! He ROCKED!! I wish he would still be around...Wayne and Skipper , both of them. Or I wish there would be new bodyguards who'd be more like Wayne around MJ.

I'll NEVER forget how Wayne made an effort to get my present for MJ in Budapest out of a moving car. He didn't have to, but he was nice enough to do it, and I will be forever grateful to him for it. I thought that was reeeeally nice of him. All the other bodyguards so far...ugh....nothing but bad experiences (and MJ wasn't even AROUND)...either they were totally rude and yelling at me (Attila in Munich 1999) or just totally ignoring me (Mike and that gray haired bodyguard in London in 2002). :(

Wayne was a great person and he isn't imported only with the safety of Michael but also with the fans.

I MISS YOU,WAYNE!

i think he was told to leave so he coul dbe w/ his family....being mj's bodyguard is a dangerous job...and once u get too recognizable, you're sent packing...forhis saftey and yours

i think he was told to leave so he coul dbe w/ his family....being mj's bodyguard is a dangerous job...and once u get too recognizable, you're sent packing...forhis saftey and yours

WHAT ??????????? :scratch:

Where did you ever hear that?

yeah you can't blame him really...

chris tucker introduced this kid to michael jackson...
Actually, the opposite happened (Chris Tucker was introduced to Michael through the kid).

Last edited:
from what I remember at the time, his employment was terminated due to personal issues, both in his own life and with Michael

EVERYONE LIKED WAYNE and the other guys from that group...they were always very patient, polite and professional..the best after Big old Bill...

they were great, but as it usually happens they have all retired to care for their family and to opt for less stressful career routes.

Some of them still work as a BG but dont travel that much any more, and work for clients less exposed, hence you would not "see" them..

however, just a couple of months ago I have spotted one the guys from this team guarding an other celebrity down here...He was soo relaxed :)

for all those great guys...:punk::clapping::clapping::clapping::tease::angel:

No, it wasn't like that. There were health issues, Wayne had an operation, I can't remember exactly now but I think it was something like a dislocated hip... I wasn't there that last time when he was still there, my friend had a conversation with him and she told me afterwards. Anyway, it was difficult for him to perform his job after that operation, that's why he retired. It wasn't a voluntary decision, and Michael did not like letting him go.

Anyway, yeah, I have loads of good memories of him too... though I was scared of him when he yelled... lol seems like the 'good ole days' now, though. ;)

Yannick was great too, I miss him too... he did leave to be with his family...

And Matt Fields... well he's not of that 'old bunch', is he. Would be nice to see him come back, maybe he will, if Michael actually offers him a steady job.

btw, I think Kerry was excellent during the trial, too. Too bad he didn't know how to handle London.

Yeah, there could be many reasons. Illness of course. Or maybe he just wanted a quite Life. Spend time with his family...take care of his kids? Just stay at home instead of traveling around the globe.

EVERYONE LIKED WAYNE and the other guys from that group...they were always very patient, polite and professional..the best after Big old Bill...

they were great, but as it usually happens they have all retired to care for their family and to opt for less stressful career routes.

Some of them still work as a BG but dont travel that much any more, and work for clients less exposed, hence you would not "see" them..

however, just a couple of months ago I have spotted one the guys from this team guarding an other celebrity down here...He was soo relaxed :)

for all those great guys...:punk::clapping::clapping::clapping::tease::angel:

My thoughts exactly!!! Wayne was extremely professional and organized. And not only that, Wayne was polite and friendly to fans and it seemed he ALWAYS made an effort to help the fans get their presents to MJ or help fans to get to meet MJ when ever possible. AT least that's the impression I got. And even though he was polite and friendly, he still knew how to be tough when needed. He was the perfect bodyguard. Unlike Attila who started yelling at me in front of MJ's hotel in Munich when all I had said to him was "Excuse me Sir...". MJ was inside the hotel and Attila came down to pick up presents from fans and I wanted to give my prsent for MJ to Attila so that he'd pass it on to Michael. So I walked up to him (I am INCREDIABLY shy...so it's a HUGE step for me to walk up to a bodyguard like that) and said "Excuse me Sir"...and he just started yelling at me and I almost started crying because I couldn't understand why he was being so rude to me. :(

Last edited:
yeah from what i heard at the time wayne had health issues that caused him to retire. seems that no one has been able to fill his shoes considering the different ppl mj has had for working him. seems that waynes also worked for mj in the early 80s in some sort of office capacity b4 becoming hs BG. i dont think anyone has a bad thing to say about wayne he was great at his job and showed the fans alot of respect and inturn got it back from them. he knew how to look after mj and the fans respected that and knew not to cross the line with him. inturn he would willingly talk to the fans and try to help them oout even if he knew he couldnt help with requests etc.

Anyway, yeah, I have loads of good memories of him too... though I was scared of him when he yelled... lol seems like the 'good ole days' now, though.

dito all of that..

Thanks guys!!!Anyway...I miss you,Wayne! You are the great person,very kind and great security...
He was a angel for Michael!

Wayne was the BEST bodyguard ever!! I reeeally liked him!!! He ROCKED!! I wish he would still be around...Wayne and Skipper , both of them. Or I wish there would be new bodyguards who'd be more like Wayne around MJ.

I'll NEVER forget how Wayne made an effort to get my present for MJ in Budapest out of a moving car. He didn't have to, but he was nice enough to do it, and I will be forever grateful to him for it. I thought that was reeeeally nice of him. All the other bodyguards so far...ugh....nothing but bad experiences (and MJ wasn't even AROUND)...either they were totally rude and yelling at me (Attila in Munich 1999) or just totally ignoring me (Mike and that gray haired bodyguard in London in 2002). :(

I have never met Wayne but I am sure he was nice...have you met Kerry? the bodyguard he had during the trial? he was really nice too...

he used him after the trial too....remember when the kids went to see their mother? kerry's face tipped off the press and that's how they knew to film the kids. now if they were w/ any other bodyguard, no one would've known woh they were.

Back