The genius of Ms Alicia Keys!!!

catseyes21

Proud Member
I went to her concert last night in MSG and she was amazing!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:Alicia!
Talented!talented she truly is!!
If you want to save a child form Africa form dying of AIDS text ALIVE to 90999 and follow the instructions or visit www.keepachildalive.com

Last edited:
Glad to hear you had a good time! I'm not the biggest A. Keys fan but I know people who've seen her live and they all say how good she is live as well so she is an artist I'd definitely like to see in concert someday. Thx for posting that info and link to that website btw, i'll be sure to check it out.

YES! this girl is amazingly talented! her husky soothin vocals and her songwriting blows my mind! *does a lil 2step*

yea i went to her concert here in Sacramento! it was definately awesome! she's a real talent!... the openeing acts however,Jordin Sparks and Ne-Yo, although i am big fans of both, were kind of a bore, but thats why Ms. Keys was the headliner!

please wake me when she can even spell Genius let alone come across as one. decent live act,but she ain't even half way into her career and or bringing the goods IMO.

One person on another board ask me why Alicia gets flack around that board because she's heavily criticized there, I made this comment: "because she's with Clive Davis". :lol:
Clive likes to White-Wash all of his black acts. don't get me wrong clive can make hits on you and get you some albums,etc... but he also sucks alot of the soul out of his acts. the Irony about Clive is that he doesn't ever discover nobody but they get placed in his care and because of his reputation at finding hits he takes all the credit.

my problem with AK is that I find her boring, middle of the road material, and I don't like her voice. she is aight. I'd hit it,but musically she is boring.

^^^^^^^

No offense, but your constant one line praises of Alicia is not doing anything to change anyone's mind. Why not make a good case for why she's talented or a "genius"/"musical prodigy" instead of these one liners? I'm just sayin' it's not really effective lol.

my problem with AK is that I find her boring, middle of the road material, and I don't like her voice. she is aight. I'd hit it,but musically she is boring.

That's pretty much my problem with her as an artist as well. I do like her music, but that's probably because it reminds me of older music by far more talented artists. Pretty much all of her songs sound like Stevie Wonder knock off's to me lol. I mean It's good that she's been influenced by those that came before her, but I feel that she borrows too much from the past when it comes to her music.

I also do not care for her voice. She is a good performer and songwriter, but her voice aint all that. Still, I wouldn't pass up the chance to see her live.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^

No offense, but your constant one line praises of Alicia is not doing anything to change anyone's mind. Why not make a good case for why she's talented or a "genius"/"musical prodigy" instead of these one liners? I'm just sayin' it's not really effective lol.

That's pretty much my problem with her as an artist as well. I do like her music, but that's probably because it reminds me of older music by far more talented artists. Pretty much all of her songs sound like Stevie Wonder knock off's to me lol. I mean It's good that she's been influenced by those that came before her, but I feel that she borrows too much from the past when it comes to her music.

I also do not care for her voice. She is a good performer and songwriter, but her voice aint all that. Still, I wouldn't pass up the chance to see her live.

no offense but I am not praising her to change people's mind,you are entitled to your opinion!did I jump on anyone's throat,no!
I am just expressing my opinion on her and some come with bitter and negative comments,which I respect but I want respect too!
For me she is a great artist now if you don't like her or you don't agree then just stay away from this thread,it is an apreciation thread of Alicia Keys nothing else!
so Now you can hate her all you want but it doesn't change the fact that she is tremendously talented!voila!peace!

I love Alicia Key's talent as much as I love those voluptous thighs of hers but I wouldnt go as far as calling her genius. But yeah she a brilliant artist, and one of the the few modern acts that are worht my time.

compared to most of her successful mainstream contemporaries, talents like Keys are made to look like geniuses.

I'm not into "mainstream" R'n'B music, the fact is, it bores me to death.
But I really like Alicia Keys. I like some of her songs and she has a great voice.
She also appears to be a strong, independent and intelligent woman with her own will.
What I find great is that she wants to show her voice and talent and be judged by that and not what her body looks like.
I also admire her as a humanitarian, she does some incredible work.

Alicia Keys is talented by not a genius, but she's very beautiful intelligent. I like her song You Don't Know My Name but nothing else. I agree with a few other people on this thread that she's a boring artist.

she may be overhyped by sales and awards, and no doubt many other soul cats deserve her success more, but what exactly is boring about her? she's a solid soul artist, not a song and dance fad (in fact better on stage than most dancers these days), and yes her influences are obvious but she's by no means generic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6asSbcXFM

good at what she does and loves doing.

Last edited:
she is really great songwriter/composer,entertaining,beautiful woman!
she is amazing on stage,besides playing piano awsomely,she dances too.She is also very generous woman and an humanitarian.And like we say in french" je vous tire mon chapeau Mademoiselle Keys!"

Oh no, I wouldn't say she isn't that great of an artist, cuz she is man! OMG if you ever bought The diary of Alicia Keys and listened to it, the whole album was bangin' head to toe in soul/rnb.

Back