The Official BET Awards Thread

Bee.

Proud Member
Hey fans.

Today the BET Awards will air on BET tonight at 8pm EST. This thread is about the award show and not about the channel. This thread is meant to talk about the award show. You can post news, video, behind the scenes scoop, etc. of the award show. I have a few rules that everyone must follow:

1. Respect everyone. If you disagree, then you disagree.

2. No artists bashing whatsoever.It will not be tolerated on this board.

3. Do not discuss what you don't like about the state of the music industry. This thread is not about that.

For all of the information of the show, including the nominees and performances, go to http://www.bet.com or

http://www.bet.com/Specials/BETAwar...purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished

I'm so excited! Thanks for the thread ^_^

I can't wait to see Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Nelly, Rihanna, & Usher. And 'possibly' Michael :rolleyes: LOL!

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Mike would be there. I really hope he does!
But, yea, for the sake of Ne-Yo, I'll be watching.
Not very excited, but hey.

aslong as Lil mama wins for best female hip hop artist i dont care.

I want either Kanye or Common to win best rapper award. That'd be sooo sweet!

You never know with MJ. I highly doubt it, chances are almost zero, but hey.... you never know for sure.

It appears that none of the winners are here tonight. What is that, the fourth winner in a row who's not at the show?

I'm a Keyshia fan. Her set was great. And Ne-Yo rocked. But one thing I'm starting to notice is that those backing tracks SUCK! They're so anemic sounding that it takes away how great the song/music really is. Live bands need to come back OR the backing tracks they used in the past need to come back cuz whatever they are using now, it SUCKS! I've heard a few songs that blew when I first heard them on tv but on the radio or on CD the quality was 100 times better. What is up with the crappy backing tracks on these tv shows these days? :doh:

Thanks Wendy for saying that, see award shows back in the day had LIVE BANDS and that is what is sorely missing and killing shows now!

And that's sad that acts from the 90's have become old school since most of today's stuff is so lacking. :(

I know. I even miss Left Eye now.....

And yes, KANYE WON! KANYE WON! AND NOT WAYNE! :wild:

And that's sad that acts from the 90's have become old school since most of today's stuff is so lacking. :(

Totally agree wendy i hope after seeing how wonderful those women were that the industry get a clue and look for real singing, when you have to bring back acts from back in the day you know what time is up, time to get real.

Alicia's set w/ SWV, En Vogue and TLC is definitely the highlight so far! That was a great suprise. I loved seeing all those groups on there together because i'm a big fan of all three. Very nice performance Ms. Keys!

Did you guys see that picture in the background during T-Pain's performance? Was that MJ or...? :blink: lol

OH man Alicia Keys performance was the highlight so far!!! I kinda cringed during Ne-yos performance, his singing and dancing were good...just the way he danced reminded me too much of our main man. I just wish Neyo would change up his style a lil bit.

Back