Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

AllForMJ

Guests
(Four-page post originally posted on 5/18/08. Updated to five pages today)

In 1995, he released “Stranger In Moscow.” It’s a song that describes how he felt after being betrayed in the worst way possible. The song begins with the sound of rain pouring down before he sings...

I was wandering in the rain
(Mask of life feelin' insane)
Swift and sudden fall from grace

(Sunny days seem far away)
Kremlin's shadow belittlin' me
(Stalin's tomb won't let me be)

On and on and on it came
(Wish the rain would just let me be)

(How does it feel)
How does it feel
(How does it feel)
(How does it feel)
When you're alone
And you're cold inside

Notice how he was wandering in the rain…how sunny days seemed far away…how he wished the rain would let him be…and how he felt alone and cold inside.

The rain signifies days of dreariness. It was the start of a storm. Feeling alone and cold inside means he felt deserted and unloved.

He released “Invincible” in 2001. It’s an album about people trying to break him; unfulfilling relationships; the desire to be intimate; being taken away from love; being stalked by those that write bad stories about him; feeling like his voice wasn’t being heard; his concern about missing children; his concern about the state of the world; and being unjustly viewed as a threat. But, within all of this, there was also a song about things eventually getting better.

In 2002, not long after he released “Invincible,” the ’93 court document describing the details of the lie that started his plight, surfaced out of thin air. It caused the media to behave like it had finally found a valid reason to attack him relentlessly. But at the same time, something else was taking place. He was starting to show he was no longer accepting mistreatment. He was engaged in a battle with the CEO of his record label. Something about him was different. He was no longer looking as weary as he did in ‘01. He even had a sweet smile on his face in a photo that was taken of him the day he spoke to an audience about the unfair treatment of recording artists. It’s like he was happy that he was in a fighting mood.

In early 2003, more misfortune came his way. Something that was meant to be informative, fun, and entertaining, turned into something grueling and malicious. It added to the pressure and pain that he had already endured for so long. It was the wickedly edited documentary that was given the title “Living With Michael Jackson.” Because of this sham of a documentary, the storm of ’93 was now starting to merge with a brand new storm.

He released “Number Ones” in October of the same year. On this album was a brand new love song entitled, “One More Chance.” It is one of 18 tracks. The song begins with him singing…

Uh-huh…alright
This time, I’m gonna do my best to make it right
Can't go on without you by my side, hold on
Shelter, come and rescue me out of this storm
To get out of this cold, I need some warmth

In the above verse, it seems like he had made a vow that he was going to strongly stand up for himself this time, which is why he had said, “This time, I’m gonna do my best to make it right.” But, he was also telling his lady confidant that he wanted her with him while he was doing it. Also, in the chorus he is plainly saying what he needed in order to do it. He was saying, "All I need is one more chance at love."

He was most likely asking for love because it's warm. Warmth combats cold. Love combats hate. Love provides strength. He told her, “To get out of this cold, I need some warmth.” It seems that he was still feeling cold inside from ’93, but he was now ready to break free of being publicly scorned, and was also ready to finally bring to an end what was causing his pain.

Page 1 of 5

After the sham of a documentary touched off a brand new media storm, I think he knew deep down inside things were going to get worse…like he felt he was going to have an even harder time trying to convince the public that he’s been innocent all along. The below verse shows he had a gut feeling things were going to get worse, but I don't think he was able to tell exactly when. And it sure doesn't seem like he was expecting anything like what happened the following month after he had released his new song and CD. There's no way he would have started shooting a video if he knew all hell was about to break loose in the manner that it did.

Searching for that one who’s gonna make me whole
Help me make these mysteries unfold, hold on
Lightning about to strike and rain only on me
It hurt so bad, sometimes it’s hard to breathe

Notice that he is saying he’s searching for her. But also notice that he’s searching for her at the same time he’s expecting more rain to come along with a lightning strike.

Because of what he says in this next verse, it seems like he had told himself he was going to pursue her love no matter what.

And I will walk around this world to find her
And I don’t care what it takes, no, why

Notice that he put emphasis on “And I don’t care what it takes…” Also notice that he ends the song singing the words, “I can’t stop loving you.” This shows his determination to persevere.

Not only did his new glow in 2002 give a hint that he was having feelings for someone, and not only did the words of “One More Chance” reveal he was in love before the trial that had put his inner strength to the test, but the way he laid out the tracks of his “Number Ones” CD also pointed to a clue that he was in love.

There are 18 tracks on the “Number Ones” CD. All of the tracks are in chronological order, except one. The song at the end of the CD should have been the first song listed. And notice that it followed "One More Chance." The last song listed is “Ben,” and it’s the version where he’s singing in his mature voice, not his kid voice.

Although "Ben" was originally about a pet, it is the only song on the CD that says, "I used to say, I and me, now it's us, now it's we." It also says, "The two of us need look no more. We both found what we were looking for." This is where he’s telling her she’s the one for him, and he’s the one for her.

Fortunately, his friend had come into in his life before the madness had reached its peak. He had already fallen in love with her as well. It’s being revealed at the end of “One More Chance.”

The late night comedians going full throttle with their twisted jokes about child molestation was a sign of the madness increasing. It was their ill-chosen way of taking advantage of the situation created by the wickedly edited documentary. It was comedy at its worst.

In addition to this, the world later witnessed a shameful press conference that was conducted like a Broadway show gone wrong. This bizarre press conference was the first of its kind. It was also the very first indicator that the DA’s case was bogus and built on multiple lies. What DA would laugh about being in pursuit of a so-called predator? Not the honorable DA’s. Not the upstanding ones. But still, the case went forward, bogus and all, even after the DA was advised to drop it.

In 2004, the year that MJ was hit with two different sets of counts after being unduly charged, another love song was released that mentioned his needs. This song that came out later that year was “Fall Again.” In this song, his needs were very specific.

* I need you around for every day to start
* I need your love in my life
* I need us to carry on

Notice that he said "us." Also notice that he says this…

There’s something about you
I stare in your eyes
Everything I’m looking for, I seem to find

He sings the word “something” in a way that shows he was beginning to really check her out. It’s like he started noticing things about her that he hadn’t noticed right away…like it was just starting to dawn on him.

Page 2 of 5

“One More Chance” and “Fall Again” are love songs that have a much softer tone to them than most of the love songs on the “Invincible” CD. Yet, these two love songs also have words that are applicable to the painful things that were playing out in his life before the eyes of the entire world.

“Beautiful Girl,” which was also released in 2004, is a very heartfelt and straightforward love song that came out at the same time as “Fall Again.” In it, he repeatedly says, “Can’t you see that I’m in love with you? I’m in love with you.” This shows someone was lingering in the back of his mind during the time that he was in a battle for his life. In “Fall Again,” he even mentions the word battle. In “Beautiful Girl,” he is openly professing his love in a way he’s never been heard before and he sounds very sincere.

Then, there is “The Way You Love Me.” There are many things happening in this one song. He’s telling her about all the things she has done; the things she is doing that he likes; and where he was when she came to him while he was alone. He’s telling her what she said to him when she took his hand. He even told her why he was afraid. He told her he was afraid because he was hurt the last time. If we look back in time, we will see that the rain that started in ’93, started because of the way that he was hurt and he wasn’t given a fair chance to defend himself. This is what prolonged the rain. In 2003, something just as heartbreaking caused more rain to come and he was being attacked again. In “One More Chance,” he even went as far as saying, “It hurt so bad, sometimes it’s hard to breathe.” In “The Way You Love Me,” he said she took away the rain and brought the sunshine.

Also released in 2004 were two other songs that showed he had a loving friend by his side. These songs are “Someone In The Dark” which is about a friend finding him, and “Someone Put Your Hand Out” which is a song about someone taking hold of him in a divine way and loving him.

In early 2003, when I heard the song "You Are My Life" from his “Invincible” CD playing at the end of his "Private Home Movies," my first thought was that it was very sweet that it was chosen as the song to play while he was showing his children. I also felt it was very fitting. Yet, after the rest of the events played out in his life from there on up until the end of the trial, I noticed something else about the song and started seeing it in another way.

Many of the things mentioned in “You Are My Life” had come to fruition. In addition to this, I kept thinking back to what he said in March 2002 during his interview with Vibe Magazine:

Vibe: Are you ever lonely?

MJ: Of course. If I'm onstage, I'm fine there. But you can have a house full of people and still be lonely from within. I'm not complaining, because I think it's a good thing for my work.

What he said was fully understandable even if he is a parent that sincerely loves his children. I'm sure God already knew single parents would experience loneliness sometimes, even if they did have children living with them. The type of love that you receive from a devoted partner, is different from the type of love you receive from your children. If this were not true, God would not have instituted marriage. Marriage not only provides stability for a family, but it also eliminates the need for parents to search for a companion or lover while raising children. Notice how MJ likes the way that his friend is holding him, loving him, touching him, and kissing him as he says in “The Way You Love Me,” and that it doesn’t matter to him how she’s doing it.

See, Debbie had walked out on the entire family after convincing him to let her be the one to create one with him. When you are a true dedicated parent like he is, you're going to be very cautious while searching for someone new, and back tracking isn’t always a good idea. When you're a real parent and you’re putting forth your true effort, you know you've already been through a lot just helping the children adjust to the change that's taken place in their lives from the other parent not wholeheartedly being there for them, or you. Still, one strong parent is better than no parent at all, and strong and caring is something that MJ definitely is.

Page 3 of 5

When I now listen to “You Are My Life,” I see that it describes all the things he needed to get through a tough time that had not even occurred yet. This is why I now feel “You Are My Life” is prophetic. It is as equally prophetic as the song “Will You Be There.” The things about his friend comes through clearly as shown here in a summary of the lyrics of “You Are My Life.”

* He was once all alone
* He was lost in a world of strangers [If he was lost, he needed to be found as described in “Someone In The Dark”]
* There was no one to trust
* She suddenly appeared [In “The Way You Love Me” he said she came in time]
* She took away the fear [He had to be courageous to stand up for himself]
* She brought him back to the light [If she brought him back to the light, she came to him in the dark]
* She gave him strength [He needed strength to get through the trial]
* She gave him hope [He needed hope to get through the trial]
* He’s singing the words “I love you” near the end of the song. He’s singing these three words in a strong tone as if he’s trying to make sure she understands just how much. [There’s a correlation between this and the way he was releasing beautiful love songs while he was defending himself in real life]
* She opened his eyes when he couldn’t see that love was always here waiting for him. [He needed to know that he was not hated as much as he thought he was. A sign that his eyes have been opened can be found in the booklet of “Thriller 25”]

Notice in the song “You Are My Life,” he said she is the sun. He also said she is the moon. Well, the sun brings warmth, just like love brings warmth, and both combats cold. The moon shines light in the dark of night. If she is the moon, she is providing light at night. Also, notice that in “The Way You Love Me,” he said she took away the rain and brought the sunshine. Well, if she is the sun, as he says in “You Are My Life,” then she brought herself and whatever is within her to provide him with comfort and warmth. She is in this manner sharing her life. She’s been providing light as well as warmth. This falls in place with the words, “A light to keep you warm…” as he mentions in “Someone In The Dark.”

He’s been smiling more than he did in 2001; he doesn’t appear to be shedding tears as he once was; the look of pain has left his eyes; and one of his family members have said he’s happier than he’s ever been. These are things that were predicted in the song, “You Are My Life.” The words, “Now, I wake up everyday with this smile upon my face. No more tears, no more pain, ‘cause you love me” have come to pass.

“Thriller 25” has now been released with a new love song at the end of it. “For All Time,” which he worked on by himself, is the only new song on the CD that has a long pause between it and the song before it. This pause causes total silence to occur. As the soft music of “For All Time” begins, it slowly increases in volume before he begins to sing the lyrics that are summarized here:

* Sun comes up on a new morning
* He wants the words of the love song to keep her happy
* He’s offering intimacy and someone to lean on
* He makes reference to the soul mattering
* Two hearts belonging so well
* Moon shining down on a good evening
* A warm kiss in the cold night air
* Good love being received
* Telling her how long he will love her
* Quiet days and souls embracing silently
* Rain washing away
* Telling her how long he needs her [He puts emphasis on the words “I need you”]
* Asking her to say she’ll never go [This means she is still around]

In his love song “Beautiful Girl,” where his is professing his love for her he said, “She never knows.” But in “For All Time,” he’s repeatedly telling her, “Baby, you gotta know.”

And notice how many things in “Stranger In Moscow” that was released in 1995, have been undone in “For All Time” which was released in 2008. Even the shadow is doing something different. In “Stranger In Moscow,” a shadow was belittling him. In “For All Time,” shifting shadows made a songbird sing.

Page 4 of 5

If the sun is now coming up on a new morning, as he sings in “For All Time,” then sunny days are no longer far away as they were in “Stranger In Moscow.” And his prediction in “You Are My Life” where he says, “It was cloudy before, but now it’s all clear,” has come to fruition as well.

The clouds are gone. The sun is here. The rain has stopped. The sky is clear. The storms are over. This is why we are now experiencing quiet days as he sings in “For All Time.”

As for his lady friend opening his eyes so he could see that love has always been here waiting for him...the bolded words below from his “Thriller 25” booklet reveals this has happened.

To all my fans and friends around the world who love and support me, and who have always been there for me and my family, throughout my entire career, I thank you and I love you, from the bottom of my heart.

He can now tell just how much he is loved, how long he’s been loved, how far back the love goes, and that the love never left. This is another prediction from “You Are My Life” that has come to fruition. So now, we wait to see what he will do with his new feeling of joy that was brought to him with the help of God.

While we are waiting, there is something special to keep in mind that shows he is happy about this feeling. When he called the fans in Devon, he let them know he was calling from Las Vegas. It’s a place that is located in the desert. His phone call was made during the summer, and instead of using the word hot to describe the temperature of where he is, he chose to use the word “warm.” He mentioned it twice and said it is very nice. The word warm was later followed by his gleeful laughter. He was in a playful and upbeat mood.

To get out of the cold, he needed some warmth. He has received that warmth. It came to him in the form of love which is what he was hoping for. The word he’s using in “For All Time” to describe the love he’s receiving is the word “good.” He even used the word warm to describe a kiss in this song.

He is very romantic and he serenades very well. We’ve been listening to the sound of amor…the sound of love…the way he sounds when he’s following what’s in his heart.

Page 5 of 5

Last edited:
Wow it feels like Christmas morning with all these surprises to open this morning. You can now add the song "Hold my Hand" to this evolving love story. The intro sounds like a beautiful new beginning getting the listener into a romantic mood. Interesting too that it is Michael who leads the first verse in Akons song.

This life don't last forever
So tell me what we're waiting for?
We're better off being together,
Than being miserable alone.

Sounds like the both have been through a lot and could be so much better together, no longer fighting love, no longer lonely. With a peaceful romantic sound... and just when you think the song is over, it gives the final note to perfect it, making it resonate in your mind, making you feel like you've just been given a nice warm lasting hug.

I can relate:yes:...........

I was just gonna write "Yeah, what about "Hold My Hand"...?! nd see what new theories I could find on this thread! :lol: But you guys were quicker!!

I can relate:yes:...........

ME TOO!!!! If you ONLY knew...!!! :scratch:

"Hold My Hand" sure was a pleasant surprise! It was a beautiful way to start the day. I am so glad I followed my mind last night. Something had said repost this thread. See that? Divine time is always ON time! Things fell into place nicely.

:yes:

Last edited:
Did MJ write Hold My Hand?
Don't know if he wrote it, but the beautiful thing is his heart is in it while he is singing it.

What's also interesting is, it mentions the dark and the cold, as well as what to do to keep warm.
:D

Last edited:
Wow it feels like Christmas morning with all these surprises to open this morning. You can now add the song "Hold my Hand" to this evolving love story. The intro sounds like a beautiful new beginning getting the listener into a romantic mood. Interesting too that it is Michael who leads the first verse in Akons song.

Sounds like the both have been through a lot and could be so much better together, no longer fighting love, no longer lonely. With a peaceful romantic sound... and just when you think the song is over, it gives the final note to perfect it, making it resonate in your mind, making you feel like you've just been given a nice warm lasting hug.
Last night, I added some new things that had come to mind. You will surely miss it if you don't read every line. The post is lengthy, but it won't take too much time.
:flowers:

I read it all the way through first thing this morning :) but maybe for a nice little bedtime reading I can read it through again slower this time.

Here's to Romance :flowers:

The original post was May 18th? wow my daughters birthday. I hadn't noticed that before.

Last edited:
"Notice how MJ likes the way that his friend is holding him, loving him, touching him, and kissing him as he says in “The Way You Love Me,” and that it doesn’t matter to him how she’s doing it."

This is interesting (well lots was but since I am in bed almost asleep I thought one thing to point out will be enough). See how he says he likes the way that she does these things, yet it doesn't matter how she is doing them. It SOUNDS like a contradiction, but it isn't is it? I would like to hear your interpretation of that.

It doesn't matterif it's done mentally, physically or spiritually. He can feel it.

Last edited:
If the sun is now coming up on a new morning, as he sings in “For All Time,” then sunny days are no longer far away as they were in “Stranger In Moscow.” And his prediction in “You Are My Life” where he says, “It was cloudy before, but now it’s all clear,” has come to fruition as well.

The clouds are gone. The sun is here. The rain has stopped. The sky is clear. The storms are over. This is why we are now experiencing quiet days as he sings in “For All Time.”

As for his lady friend opening his eyes so he could see that love has always been here waiting for him...the bolded words below from his “Thriller 25” booklet reveals this has happened.

To all my fans and friends around the world who love and support me, and who have always been there for me and my family, throughout my entire career, I thank you and I love you, from the bottom of my heart.

He can now tell just how much he is loved, how long he’s been loved, how far back the love goes, and that the love never left. This is another prediction from “You Are My Life” that has come to fruition. So now, we wait to see what he will do with his new feeling of joy that was brought to him with the help of God.

While we are waiting, there is something special to keep in mind that shows he is happy about this feeling. When he called the fans in Devon, he let them know he was calling from Las Vegas. It’s a place that is located in the desert. His phone call was made during the summer, and instead of using the word hot to describe the temperature of where he is, he chose to use the word “warm.” He mentioned it twice and said it is very nice. The word warm was later followed by his gleeful laughter. He was in a playful and upbeat mood.

To get out of the cold, he needed some warmth. He has received that warmth. It came to him in the form of love which is what he was hoping for. The word he’s using in “For All Time” to describe the love he’s receiving is the word “good.” He even used the word warm to describe a kiss in this song.

He is very romantic and he serenades very well. We’ve been listening to the sound of amor…the sound of love…the way he sounds when he’s following what’s in his heart.

Page 5 of 5

We are pleased you brought this thread back...Many enjoy reading it...Mr. Jackson is a true romantic...I think all the love songs are sooo very beautiful...He certainly knows how to woo his friend...

Do you think his friend understands, knows what he is saying...?

Last edited:
Yes I enjoy reading this thread too. Thanks for bringing it back!

:timer: wow this interesting thread would be resurrected during the busiest period of my life

maybe it'll be up a while :popcorn:

Don't know if he wrote it, but the beautiful thing is his heart is in it while he is singing it.

What's also interesting is, it mentions the dark and the cold, as well as what to do to keep warm.
:D

:clapping:Awww, welcome back, AllForMJ! I have been blessed twice with the sight of this thread and MJ’s added vocals to ‘Hold My Hand’!! I am overwhelmed with so much joy, right now!!! This is one of the ‘happiest days’ in my life!

Last edited:
Lots of sense. Maybe (if we are to take AllforMJ's interpretation of it to be true) he did find her, like what was said, but maybe they aren't together. Maybe this is a song asking for them to be together and that life will be better for them both once they are together. Maybe they both fought the love they felt and so they didn't get together and both were miserable apart from each other and they just need to stop fighting it and give it a chance. As scary as giving a chance at love is, it is so much worse alone and apart from the one you love. Once they were together they really could see that if they just were there to give each other support and comfort that nothing could come between them...NOTHING. They take care of each others problems instead of trying to take care of their own alone. Beautiful.

On another level this song could be about peace as well for more than just the two of them. Woooooohooooooo (oh I just heard that in the song and wow... shivers. I love it)

I think MJ wants to find love. He wants that "stranger to be his friend"...for example

All alone wishing on stars
Waiting for you to find me
One sweet night I knew I would see
A stranger who'd be my friend

When someone in the dark reaches out to you
And touches off a spark that
comes shining through
It tells you never be afraid
Then somewhere in your heart
you can feel the glow
A light to keep you warm when
the night winds blow
Like it was written in the stars I knew
My friend, my someone in the dark was you

Promise me we'll always be
Walking the world together
Hand in hand where dreams never end
My star secret friend and me

When someone in the dark reaches out to you
comes shining through
you can feel the glow
[ Find more Lyrics at www.mp3lyrics.org/8e13 ]
the night winds blow
Look for the rainbow in the sky
I believe you and I
Could never really say goodbye
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see

Though you're gone star far away
Each time I see a rainbow
I'll remember being with you
Smiles coming through my tears

When someone in the dark reaches out for you
comes shining through
you can feel the glow
the night winds blow
Look for the rainbow in the sky
I believe you and I
Could never really say goodbye
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me!

I wonder if he actually did find love in the dark....that that darkness that shrouds his moods is lifted by this new-found love. I hope so...

Thanks for this Thread! Wow!!!!AllforMJ, I remember the original thread linked on another forum and I read it all! Since another fan a few years ago pointed out to me the fact that in the song "One more Chance", Michael references, "I just cab't stop loving you"(87 Bad Album), then again in 2001 with, "Break of Dawn"(2001 Invincible), I have been convinced, he has a relationship or very close friendship with someone of whom he has a history with. Michael Jackson can very easily release any uptempo, club knocking monster
jam on the planet but he doesn't! He choses to release or work on very romantic and meaningful songs that paint a picture and tells a story. Michael Jackson is in love and this lady is someone of whom he has gone through a great deal with. his songs and lyrics suggest this is it for him. He recognizes what they have and what he must do in order to keep it this time.

In "Fall Again" he had said, "It feels like a fire that burns in my heart every single moment that we spend apart." He also said, "All this time away is killing me inside."

In "Hold My Hand" he's asking her, "What are they waiting for?" He's saying they are going to be okay together because they already know what to do when it gets dark and cold. They've done it. And he's saying they've been through things separately, but that they can fix that. He's also saying she doesn't have to be lonely anymore because she can have him. He wants to be her man. He's letting her know that no one will be able to take him from her, or her from him.

Wow !! lovely to see you and this wonderful thread back AllforMJ, your expression of ''Hold my Hand '' Is enough to make my heart beat wild'' giggles !!!!!
I'm speechless now *smile*...

Back