Page 835 of 835 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 12525

Thread: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 526 Posts

Default Re: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by 8701girl View Post
    Thanks hun! good to see u around and yes youre right the visual side of love is special
    You're most welcome. Good to be around ^_^ There is indeed something very special about love imagery.

Today I'm in a bit of a pensive mood and I was thinking a lot about Michael's unique circumstances - his 'royalty' status, let's call it and the impact it may have had on this most elusive love affair, speculated about in this little thread right here.

Do you think that there ever was a time when this scene reflected their situation? Perhaps in real life or maybe in their special ways of communicating with one another? Who knows? In any case, it is comforting to think that they may been there for one another to dry each other's eyes.

Surely, she must have shed her fair share of tears away from him and we know from Michael himself about the many sleepless nights he spent crying by himself. We can only imagine the depth of his sorrow shown not only in songs, but in his need to surround himself with wax figures, having to disguise himself to get any chance at normality in public and on top of all that, the horrendous tribulations which tormented him starting with 1993.

I think the perfect soundtrack for that image is Don't cry alone - the masterpiece by Robin Gibb, God rest his soul.

It is a most emotional tune, in and by itself, even more so when considering the timing of its release. Its ethereal sound and vision truly touch the heart. To cry alone is indeed one of the greatest sufferings on earth - orphaned children aching for the embrace of caring parents, folks in the sunset of their life missing their spouses and people full of vigor without anyone around to share life's highs and lows. They all know how dreadful it is to cry alone; they all have my sympathies. May they all find either in this realm or in the one beyond, the comfort they so desperately seek and need.

After all, He died for the tears in our eyes, for our tears of sorrow, as Prince sang so long ago. And one day He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away. (Revelation 21:4-5)

As hauntingly beautiful as the tune is, in the future, I'll try to refrain from posting such emotionally charged songs. Life is difficult enough already. We don't reminding of it, right? This thread is supposed to be about escapism,,,,,,I'll also try not to insert in every single post references to Christianity. I realize that not everyone reading and/or posting is a Christian, but if I am going to be as honest as possible, then my faith in Christ and my stubborn love for Michael are two of the most important dimensions of my life. Also, if I remember correctly, the issue of faith and God's possible involvement or lack thereof in this whole theoretical love has been discussed previously. I find that quite intriguing and I will have to come back to it at some point, but definitely not today.

In the meantime, let us enjoy a truly glorious picture of that beautiful king of ours

P.S. And taken from the completely random chapter, but 'related' to Michael's royalty - earlier today, while driving to church (yeah, there I went again), for a good portion of the trip I had the same route and followed a car with the license plate MJK. At one point, I had to turn left, while that particular driver carried on in front. I stopped a few blocks away, in front of the church behind a car with the license plate......MJA. As an ole' friend of mine would say, that's such a girly thing to notice ^_^
    Last edited by Girl; 20-01-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Double mission: tryin' to celebrate page #835 - was about doggone tiiiiime & get the post to show up properly :)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,311 Posts

Where is that painting of mj from?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Where is that painting of mj from?
    To be honest with you, I’m not entirely sure, but I presume it’s from the Opus book. I’ve found it online some time back and had to crop it out from what seemed to be the photograph of a book, hence my hypothesis. In any case, it’s beautifully done. Whoever drew it, did a great job, that’s for sure.

And now……to sort of pick up where I left off, here’s a cute lil’ picture I found with the same umbrella theme. This time around with a bit of a difference.

Another interesting thing I found is the following quote

The other day I was listening to the Baby be mine demo and I couldn’t help but notice some lyrics which fit perfectly with the ideas I was expressing in my previous post

There’ll be no more tear drops
    Inside my eyes

One of the things I didn’t write last time I visited this thread was the impression that royal pose might have made on some. Surely, there would have been those who took issue with the fact that a young black man ‘dared’ to portray himself in such a manner. He was supposed to be just a singing, dancing machine, mesmerizing the masses with disco grooves and tight moves. How dare he consider himself some sort of royalty and, later on, how dare he develop a social conscience and incorporate it into his music??? I figured it was too negative of a thought to attach to such a beautiful picture.

Now, in light of the awful news of the moment, I cannot help but recognize the dreadful veracity of such a thought. Last time around, I also briefly mentioned the allegations which starting with 1993 have cast such a horrible shadow over Michael’s life and good name. Little did I know then, that a short few days later we would make a horrid travel back in time to August 1993 and November 2003. It is terrible that we have to face this nightmare yet again, but fight we must, fight we will and we shall win.

And since that beautiful king of ours also was a very wise soul, I think some more of his words about love are more than welcome and appropriate, now and always

And here is one of Michael’s heroes, Sammy Davis Jr. singing a brilliant version of “What the world needs now”

And to come full circle to the idea of tears and crying for all kind of reasons, what if Michael and that presumed chick of his not only dried each other’s eyes, but actually had serious crying sessions, like these two?

And when they weren’t crybabies, they might have done some howling at the moon also.

Forget kissing in the moonlight. With Michael, it’s all about howling in the moonlight. Although I would hope the she-wolf left much of the shouting to the big man himself. He was, after all, known to go aowwwwwww quite spectacularly, wasn’t he? I’m pretty sure the Beat It performances over the years contain some of the fiercest pieces of royal howling ^_^
    Last edited by Girl; 24-02-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Felt the need 2day to re-upload most of the pictures, because the former links were valid only for a month.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 Times in 1,522 Posts

Wow Girl I just love your uplifting posts. So we’ll thought out in words and images. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

‘ It’s better to fail in Originality than to succeed in Imitation’

_ Michael Jackson _

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by girl
    The other day I was listening to the Baby be mine demo and I couldn’t help but notice some lyrics which fit perfectly with the ideas I was expressing in my previous post
    One of my favorite songs. I hadn't listened to it for awhile. I enjoyed listening to his vocals in that video so thank you for posting it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

baby be mine is a sweet beautiful song

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll748 View Post
    Wow Girl I just love your uplifting posts. So we’ll thought out in words and images. Thanks
    Most welcome, Daz, most welcome. I’m really happy if my posts end up making people smile, it truly is a great reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisha View Post
    One of my favorite songs. I hadn't listened to it for awhile. I enjoyed listening to his vocals in that video so thank you for posting it.
    Glad to hear you girls also enjoyed the song. Nice little demo tune from the magic man himself, eh? The funny thing is how I ended up listening to this particular version. A day or so after posting in here about tears and stuff, I was listening to the radio and they had this song on. I, same as Lisha, hadn't listened to it in ages and I just suddenly paid attention especially to those lyrics about the tears, lyrics which in the final version of the song turned into 'there'll be no more mountains for us to climb'. It was as though the universe was tellin' me....hey you, here's another song which fits with that idea

Tis the season to be chilly, therefore I figured some lovely snow-filled pictures wouldn’t be out of rhyme. But not just any type of cold snow, but the special, loving kind, the type that warms the Or, as we call ‘em in my corner of the galaxy, snow memos

Also, I figured that in thread about darkness and in such a dark world as ours, some light would be more than welcome. I’m pretty sure I’ve already posted these two songs already, but they need constant repeating.

We must all strive to be……children of the light, even when surrounded only by darkness. Much easier said than done, I know. But we gotta try, we just gotta.
    Last edited by Girl; 28-01-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Keep findin' mistakes and typos lol

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 775
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Hi everyone! Long time no see....I forgot my old password and was unable to post but trust me, I have not gone anywhere when it comes to loving and supporting Michael!!! Good to see so many familiar "faces" still around! I hope all of you have been well. I'm doing fine. Just still miss Michael MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY and I'm competely heartbroken about what Wade and James are doing to Michael. It's DESPICABLE! I'm so angry!!! But they will get what they deserve for their lies one day. I am SURE of it. If there is a God...they will get punished for it one way or the other. Be sure of it. Keep the faith everyone and keep fighting!! Together WE WILL WIN this battle too!! God bless!!!! Love you guys!!! <3
    Speechless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF--zTV_hg8

"Loved you yesterday, love you still. Always have, and always will."
    I love you Michael...FOR ALL TIME, and I will miss you more than words could ever express!

"I am forever....we are forever"....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

summer...it is SO good to see you here! I've thought of you often. I hope you are doing amazingly well, and Michael has such a great supporter in you! That is for sure! Thank you so much for stopping by and posting. You were always such a special addition to this thread. *hugs*

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

hey summer ! welcome bck you are right wade and safechuck will get theres eventually

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I just heard this song on the radio and I was wondering if it had ever been posted here in this very long romantic thread. Could it represent? New song for me, never heard it before. I liked the lyrics. Quite sweet. I guess it's from the guy's perspective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8cbiK7HcI">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8cbiK7HcI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="466">

LOOK UP - DALEY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8cbiK7HcI
    Last edited by Lisha; 04-02-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Girls, girls....and the most occasional male lurker who may stop by this thread - you guys, I think I've found it. They've been writing novels, making movies, singing a trillion songs about it, but nobody has found the recipe for love. Sherlock Holmes, better stand back. I think I’ve finally found that most elusive of all formulas

You take one breathtakingly gorgeous fellow

add a tiny bit of sparkly, white stuff also known as snow

and you get the .........

courtesy of the kinG himself.

But, of course, eeeveryone knows that the recipe ain't actually quite complete without a bit/a lot of sugar, depending on tastes & needs, of course

So there you have it, folks - the long lost recipe, the most magical of all formulas is a secret no more:

MICHAEL + snow + doughnuts = LOVE

Easy as do, re, mi, 123

Aaand to keep up with the lovin' theme, I ought to post one of my favorite tunes ever, most especially during the last two years.

As you all know, Michael used to say I love you and I love you more just about every three seconds and to just about anyone. But taken from the case of long lost recipes and answers, I think I am among the 2335357698675 people who found the way to answer him back

As repetitive it may sounds, I cannot help but restate some of Michael's own words and lyrics because they truly need repeating. LOVE is not just the greatest show on earth, but truly the most important thing in the world and the ultimate truth at the of all creation.

Last edited by Girl; 24-02-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: No need for a new post, just to keep the lovin' theme goin' ;)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Just like I was telling someone who hasn't stepped in here for a while now, it feels like the love thread is itself in need of some love, so I figured I would stop by, yet again

Inspired by summer's post, I was going to write some thoughts about the current circumstances we all have to deal with. When facing very serious problems it's very important to strike the right balance between confronting them and, at the same time, not allow them to overwhelm us or, even worse, lead us into hopelessness. Therefore, I will reserve the right to write about these awful things on other occasions.

Today is too bright and too jolly of a day to dwell on such dark things. May the good cheer of the Irish be with us all.

Turns out, I'm Grouchy McNoodles - Pleased to meet you, everyone *takes down the green, leprechaun hat & bows without having the merest attempt at an Irish accent, because she would fail miserably* Feel free to find your own leprechaun name.

Don't forget to smile, cry if/when you must, but always keep the faith that things will work out fine in the end.

And since I don't believe neither in luck, nor in coincidence, I think this tiny pic has got some pretty good advice.......make your own luck, through another piece of magical math

And if shamrocks are the item of the day, I wonder if two of Michael's tunes would need a bit of improving today, like a change of chorus to I wanna shamrock with you or maybe You shamrock my world???? The Groovefunkel remix just came on the radio, just as I was ending this post lolol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

In a thread dealing with darkness, it's only fair I should write about light and not just any kind of light, but the one that counts the most - He who is THE Light of the world, Light from Light, true God from true God - JESUS CHRIST, the Risen Lord, Maker and Redeemer of the universe. His is the power and the glory always, in unity with God, the Father and the Holy Spirit. May His will be done - on earth, as it is in heaven. Amen

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is.

a female with depression and mental delays