Page 837 of 838 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838 LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 12556

Thread: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Pre-Note: Sorry typos! It's so late my eyesight is blurred! I promise to edit within 48 hours

So nice to see Wendy_jane and Magic Girl again, two wonderfuly "familiar faces" in this fan-fic fun thread.

Girl - your post was SO FUN and stimulating to read, you had me cracking up laughing with some of your phrasings and I agree with most everything you said... including some of your areas of disagreement for example I can see why you (nor anyone lol) may not hear what I hear in Opis None because of the simple fact that neither did I make out anything in particular whatsoever myself in what initially sounded like a pure mashup of sounds. It's a spoken vocal (only four distinct words) in actually the first 3-4 seconds among the other random sounds.

I agree we in this thread experienced it all through our own "filters" and as you say, our "values" and different things, in fact I love how you broke that whole thing down as it's quite true.

I realize most fans are uncomfortable with talk of (to put it delicately) any type of "strategy" he and his entire family might have used to get him into a more normal existence (and ensure his children, unlike him, grow up more naturally than he did rather than under more than already necessary unnatural pressure) although I also always felt that for the few fans willing to consider it, allowed themselves to interpret his stage direction of "play with them ...then bam", to mean that he's coming back some day - but of course that would seem to defeat the purpose of a very long very public "send off" in the form of memorial, funeral, tributes etc. just to "come back" and get back on the world's public roller coaster once again.

As regards "strategy" however for his sanity sake (andI know hardly anyone agrees) but I feel that fans who say, "he wouldn't do that to his (take a pick) kids.... fans ...family ...just aren't paying particularly close attention to the finer details.

I think fans probably agree on at least one thing: If anyone deserved to actually retire from being hounded and hunted, it certainly would be MJ.

The comment "money criteria" was a bad paraphrase of comments he either implied or made throughout the decades in various interviews (I dislike misquoting or lacking proofs so I will be archive-hunting) about just what you mentioned, that it was so hard to know who wanted him for him and who was just a gold digger.

I recall in one such interview he mentioned that one of his sister's told him that he needed someone with her own money and he felt that was probably true. I called it "ironic" because he generously doled out to those who were full of games afterall (as he said in the song, Xscape). "Gold diggers" indeed and to the highest order, a lady separated from her husband and her son who received the Royal treatment and a "good friend" who "gave" him babies as a "gift" - a "present" - somehow ending up with millions of his dollars and when those millions ran out her "present" somehow yielded her more millions. I'm sure the best interpretation of her asking and receiving all that money for her kind friendly gesture was that to him it was a small "price" to pay. I'm sure that is so in the end.

Ironic sort of like Job in the Bible who said, " what I have feared has come upon me". It's also noteworthy that it seems that his most "normal" relationship was with someone who indeed had her own money.

It may seem at this point a futile discussion of the music however it's what he left us with. Regardless to whether we ever correctly surmise what went on with him in the end, the question has really only and always been (for me) what in essence is the "story" (beginning middle and end) as presented in the man's music. The fact of him being innately a story teller and dream weaver of sorts is difficult to not notice. It's something that cones naturally since childhood.

Getting back to "values" and "filters" of interpretations of this thread, on a personal note as I've "confessed" in times past of this thread that I don't doubt that it's probably that which cause me to interpret or see the songs the way I do. I'm curious to know what drives the interpretatiobsvif others ascwell.

Personal experiences create personal biases and no doubt when this thread started I began to fir the first time really hear and notice songs about him continually beseeching "someone" with "I'll give you this, I'll give you that, let down your walls, stop resisting, running etc"., from album to album with "someone'' all the time depicted as being someone (and perhaps a composite "someone/s") trying (IMO) to tell him that it's the "material things" that he's focused on that keeps "her" from showing up - the reverse of his "fear" - in fact indicating this ''perfect love" may have started face to face and ended together-apart.

I see/saw hercas possibly saying, "come as you are, MJ not what you "bring"" because of my filters of having a dad who trained me to run from any guy who leads with his "stuff" rather than himself. Classic "filter" of "values" I guess you could say so to me in hindsight of putting the musical theme of that particular topic, it makes sense that someone who really loved him might just "try to tell him something" like, "it's not your stuff I love - it's you- your soul".

Of course that probably makes little sense to anyone else. Not to mention the sheer foolishness of the very thought of running away from the King's riches, however I'm saying as far as I can fathom, THAT would be MY reason.

Who would want to go down in history as the fool who ran from MJ's money though really whilst everyone else is running after it? Someone who perhaps felt a deeper need for him to "get" that message perhaps? That's the only reason I can fathom. "Someone/s" seemed to have done just that - if the songs since (on) Dangerous are any indication, that is, as each album since Dangerous has a song of that quality to it.. if... you count YANA. "Every night I sit and ask myself how did love slip away" - but the rest of the song indicates that love never slipped away - only "SHE" did.. Invincible continues that theme...You Rock My World ("and everything I own I'll give")... Butterflies...."I will give you anything..". but the "I can feel you near to me" feels like YANA's, "I can hear your prayers" - noting, he wrote neither song, yet the theme continues. Like a braid, so many themes that overlap also intersect.

Well as it turns out, yours is the post that might keep this going a year lol because there's so much more of your insightful thoughts to comment on. It was a really great read. I have to take my time and read it again as it was a lot to digest.

I'll be back to do so as time allows.

I too want to thank you so much for enlivening the thread!
    Last edited by SoS; 20-01-2020 at 09:13 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoS For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 590 Posts

Magicgirl, wendijane & SoS - thank you all so very much for your latest posts in here, really thank you. There are some very interesting and sweet thoughts included in them, but if you will all excuse me, today, for more or less random reasons, I will refrain from commenting on them. Instead, what I will do is take one of Magicgirl's interventions in another thread and bring it here.

It may sound strange, since this lovely thread is about Michael's private life, while I will focus a bit on the public dimension of Michael's calling, let us even call it mission. Yet, I can't help but sense that the two are actually connected, if not even intertwined. What Magicgirl said in that other thread was completely beautiful and I think we can all wholeheartedly agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicgirl
    Well, actually MJ is not dead, he lives in out hearts!!!! After listening to his music again today I was amazed how powerful was his music, how powerful was his message, how powerful was this man in whatever way, being able to change this world to the better, to unite and encourage so many people. His effort to make this world better shouldn't be in vain, his deeds should live further on.
    Indeed, his music was powerful and united so very many all across the world. His love for people was obvious to anyone whose heart was truly open. There was a consistency of message and deeds all throughout his life and only the darkest of souls could see into his actions anything sinister, projecting onto him their own devious ways. The man had always sung about unity, even as a little child and cared for the most vulnerable. It is heartbreaking to think that they would take his generosity and twist it into something horrible, but that says a whole lot more about Michael's enemies than it does about him.

And because he knew he was right to fight on behalf of the voiceless, he kept on loving and helping in spite of detractors and heinous lies.

Heal the world and Earth song are some of the most amazing songs and videos ever created and their performance has always been a highlight. One song though that doesn't get enough recognition is HIStory. I've always loved the ending to the HIStory concerts and it was a blessing to witness one of them in person.

It's completely inspiring to see all those flags together in unity, with the US flag and the host country of the particular concert always being first. That gorgeous man was both an American beacon of goodwill and a truly global treasure with genuine care for people in all nations and the entirety of God's beautiful creation. And long after we are all gone - including Michael's attackers - that is what the world will remember most about this amazing man.
    Last edited by Girl; 02-02-2020 at 03:37 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default Re Thanks fam

Hi SoS , Girl and magicgirl
    It is nice to re vist this thread and good to see people again and to read peoples beautiful thoughts!
    I hope everyone is keeping well as can be x

Last edited by wendijane; 04-02-2020 at 12:01 AM. Reason: adding extra expression

I am a child of the Moon , Being raised by the Sun, In an earth filled with Pain , With a sky full of Hope.

RIP Dearest M. Thank You For My Childhood Memories. ILY.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Hi ladies!

You all really have some terrific gifs! Makes a body wonder how you found them.

I think my fave is "Keep Calm and Heal the World"! Love that!

Girl, I will check out that thread you posted as soon as possible. I can already see it's inspiring.

For now, I am so "triggered" to react to such a touching side of the music that really changed my life, if not this entire crazy world. I know It's true of so MANY people which is the individual and collective consciousness that does heal the world, one consciousness at a time.

For any youngsters reading this, and to remind the elderlies...I remember when the Jackson5/TheJacksons/MJ, began singing those wonderful songs reminding the world of what's important and none of their values changed regarding it. Just as Girl said, MJ has been performing this duty since his childhood.

I believe the first such song I heard was an early Motown song during a time of that record label's artists bringing peace through music in the midst of the Vietnam war...was a song on the J5 Third Album..the album that contains, I'll Be There, the most famous song on the Third album. The other song I'm referring to however is a song called, Reach In...all the voices together - amazing harmonies..more a Jermaine-lead, Michael-enhanced "sermon" about finding "that tree of wisdom" "reach in... into your soul ..reach in...find out why you're living...put away that shade of sin, and let love shine in"... Michael began preaching through his music then.

The next one I remember was, I AM LOVE. "War and poverty...wasn't meant to be...hate is driving me away....'cause I am love.... and I'd love to stay'... "Come back love come back ...this is where you belong"

Both songs to this day make me totally lose it...singing all the parts...just awesome music that gets totally stuck in your head.

That said, the first song of that sort that the brothers did after leaving Motown, "let me show you...let me show you the way to go" where Michael really "preaches" ......"we can help each other overcome..yes we can do it we can do it now... come together underneath the sun... yes we can come together..and think like one.. yes we can do it we can do it now...come everybody and get the job done"... Michael pleads:..."please please please let me show you, let me show you the way to go" and then came Destiny where he sings his simple values ..then came, TRIUMPH..."ALL the colors of the world should be...lovin' each other whole heartedly...yes we're ALL the same...yes it's alright..take my message to your brother and tell him twice"..."take the news to the marching men who are killing their brothers when death won't do"

I made a hodgepodge of the lyrics but you get the point.

This foundation was layed a long time ago for MJ's music to continue healing the world to make it a better place.

In the end I feel the grestest impact MJ ultimately had was on individuals who changed their lives as MJ opened up our eyes to see there was another way to look at life other than the default program given to us by the small worlds we had around us.

While I can't say that I turned in my fly swatter for a butterfly net, I am happy to report that both hang on my wall side by side (hey even the Bible says there's "a time to kill" ) because for the most part I have learned through Michael to respect ALL of creation and that there is so much more satisfaction and fulfillment when given a clear choice, to, as the Bible also says, "choose life"...the operative word being, "choose".

MJ through his example and his music, helped me to understand that in the end it's all about realizing that at all times we are required to realize that we, for the most part always have a choice. We heal the world by "healing" the one looking back at us, through the looking glass. Yes, that one in the mirror.

THANKS MJ. Forever More. I'll never forget what you did for me, and for every bumblebee that's accidently wondered into my house. They no longer encounter the hysterical human with the fly swatter.. they get the calm exuberant human with the butterfly net that captures them then opens the door and sets them free.
    Last edited by SoS; 04-02-2020 at 08:36 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoS For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Wow girls. You've really outdone yourselves, congrats Not just with your perfect sense of timing, but also with the quality of the material.

Wendi, those two photos you posted are absolutely glorious. Loved them so much, I went and saved them lol.

SoS, you can be so darn poetic; you truly wrote some amazing things. I feel rather guilty because I can't seem to find the time to get back to you all in all the necessary formats. It's just that life is rather momentous these days and I can't be here quite as long as I would like.

In any case, I just wanted to thank you both once again for keepin' this lovely one alive. Not quite sure about Mike being here, in this very thread answering the qs about it all, as Magicgirl so marvelously hypothesized, but love definitely seems to be in air, don't you all agree? And better yet, can't you feel it?

Well, the more cynical among us might very well say

....and they would actually be quite right - there are airplanes, poison-eye satellites, clouds, planets and stars, aaaall kinds of things floating above us all.

The more dorkily-minded ones might even say

But irrespective of views, I think it's safe to say we are living in rather exciting times.

Here's to LOVE, TRUTH & LIGHT May they always shine, brighten up the world and bring their warmth where it's most needed, in the hearts of the cold ones and the sorrows of the forgotten, the invisible and the voiceless.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everyone! love is in the air its true !
    It never left

I am a child of the Moon , Being raised by the Sun, In an earth filled with Pain , With a sky full of Hope.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Question Re: Did MJ ever find true love...???

...for love is as strong as death,
    its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
    It burns like blazing fire,
    like a mighty flame.
    Many waters cannot quench love;
    rivers cannot sweep it away.

Song of songs 8:6-7

Did Michael ever find TRUE love = IRREVOCABLE and surreal joy??? Thaaat truly is a question for the ages.

A couple of YT comments I've recently read underneath videos of his touched me deeply.

Michael Jackson sacrificied his childhood, health and private life to entertain the world, my slight change.

I think he was sad because he had everything in his life but love.

There's an eerie sound of bitter, awful truth to both of this statements. And although his life had its shiny moments of magic, viewed from this perspective, it all looks rather tragic.
    Last edited by Girl; 28-04-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Hey everybody!!!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl7 View Post
    Hey everybody!!!
    Did anyone say..........EVERYBODY???? Here's the first thing that came to mind when I read that

'Nother thing that came to mind, more or less related, was the whole love and music connection that travels all across this lil' thread

And if the female protagonist of the thread is just a hypothesis of sorts and may actually be just a figment of people's imagination (either of Michael's or the fans'), we most definitely know that the male part of the equation was quite real and could rock a top hat - and quite a few fedoras - in an uniquely smooth way

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Girl you and all you ladies have the best graphics!! Awesome really.

Your last post made me wonder as usual especially as to who’s imagination originated all this. When I fathom the numbers of females, perhaps males too, it boggles the mind to consider the feelings each one must have.

As usual a song ran across my mind, wondering how many, both fan and superstar alike could be wondering wheee they’ve been (“mentally” as MJ says) whether they even fit in with others who may not have such conceptions, and if they feel alone, in that, “out here on my own” sort of way.

It would seem that “loneliness” of sorts would be a must. We all know MJ sang about his phase with that from the Triumph album (Time Waits for No one)

https://youtu.be/G7PsZl0JHTI

to This Is It (I never thought that I would be your lover, come on please understand this is it, I can say, I’m the light of the world gonna make- make her feel, this is real, every time I’m in love they don’t feel [it])

in ther words, a lonely life...

...so for all who can “feel it”
    this little ditty of a song from the 80s from a popular performer based movie is for them/us all (who care)

https://youtu.be/BumMuQCs6FM
    Last edited by SoS; 04-03-2020 at 06:18 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoS For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Just stoppin' by quickly to leave a couple of lovely tunes from the Corrs - Breathless and Runaway ^_^

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

....and now also a quick stop, just to remind everyone of the outer gorgeousness

and inner beauty

of a certain bright fellow

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Nobody's writing, it seems everybody is in self-isolation now At least in our city this stupid measure is taking place. A little-bit off topic. I wonder how many of you wear Michael Jackson T-shirts. I think all these nice pictures that are posted in this thread would be good for T-shirts. Why I came to this. Recently I was looking through some shopping site and was amazed when I came across "Magicgirl" T-shirt. "Magicgirl" written in large capital letters on the T-shirt:

https://img2.wbstatic.net/big/new/7450000/7456566-4.jpg
    https://img1.wbstatic.net/big/new/7450000/7456565-4.jpg

I can't even dare wear this, I wouldn't dare wear Michael Jackson T-shirt as well. I wonder why.
    Last edited by Magicgirl; 01-04-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Still here!
    Loving missing M

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wendijane View Post
    Still here!
    Loving missing M
    Very much so, more than I could possibly put into words right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicgirl View Post
    Nobody's writing, it seems everybody is in self-isolation now At least in our city this stupid measure is taking place. A little-bit off topic. I wonder how many of you wear Michael Jackson T-shirts. I think all these nice pictures that are posted in this thread would be good for T-shirts. Why I came to this. Recently I was looking through some shopping site and was amazed when I came across "Magicgirl" T-shirt. "Magicgirl" written in large capital letters on the T-shirt:

https://img2.wbstatic.net/big/new/7450000/7456566-4.jpg
    https://img1.wbstatic.net/big/new/7450000/7456565-4.jpg

I can't even dare wear this, I wouldn't dare wear Michael Jackson T-shirt as well. I wonder why.
    Magicgirl, that t-shirt you found by chance is very cool and the coincidence very funny indeed. Don't know why you wouldn't wear it or Michael t-shirts. Back in middle school I used to wear them. In more or less recent years, I've been wearin' some Michael-inspired clothing, let's just put it this way. And nope, that didn't include fedoras or sparkly gloves

There have been plenty of things shared recently online, especially yesterday, but I'll just post the lovely, new marvel which made me change the link in my signature.

Last edited by Girl; 28-04-2020 at 04:17 PM.