NEW SONG - Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" [updates in post #1]

PatrickS77

Proud Member
Non YouTube Link, which is supposed to stay active longer... also better quality than YouTube:

http://media.putfile.com/Hold-My-Hand-18

News

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/810010059
A New Album of Akon features MJ!

A one of the top hitmakers in the music scene, Akon has come to Japan recently and held a listening session of a new album "Freedom".

The concept of this new album is the next stage of "Konvicted". He said, "When you become famous, sometimes you will get offended by the negative coverage, so I tried to express my positive feeling throughout my new album and allay misunderstanding".

Overall, you will get to hear his silky rap on crossover hiphop sounds with posotive atmosphere. Needless to say, a song featuring Michael Jackson, "Hold My Hands" will be the main attraction. His 1st album was sold over 3 million copies and the 2nd was sold over 4 million copies all over the world, chances of reaching 5 million copies with this album are very high.

icon1.gif
"Acquited" out on 19th of November, 2008.

Scheduled Tracks
・ Against The Grain feat Ray Lavender
・ Holla Holla feat. T-Pain
・ We Don't Care
・ Righit Now
・ Be With You
・ Birth Mark
・ Everything You Do
・ Sunny Day
・ Freedom
・ Hold My Hands feat Michael Jackson
and more.

icon1.gif
Official Website
icon1.gif
MySpace

Hold My Hand gets radio airplay
Even though it hasn't yet officially released, several MJJCommunity's members have reported local radio stations started airing 'Hold My Hand' whicha has been aired in US, Germany, Guatemala and Italy.

HMH listed on Mediabase US chart
Our member I Am The Incredible Hulk reports that Hold My Hand is now listed in Mediabase US charts. Mediabase features realtime charts in 25 radio formats, based on radio airplay from more than 1,800 radio stations in US and Canada.

Check out this link to see stats of HMH in Mediabase pop chart.

Songwriter of Hold My Hand speaks! HMH to be featured on both Akon and Michael's albums!
Up-and-coming singer/songwriter Claude Kelly wrote the recently leaked Akon song "Hold My Hand" featuring Michael Jackson, but he confesses hearing the legendary singer's voice on the track the first time was a total surprise to him.

"I wrote the song and gave it to Akon with the intention of it going to maybe Whitney Houston, but Akon said he wanted to cut it himself. I thought, 'It doesn't get any bigger than this'," the 27-year-old New York native tells Billboard.com. "A few months after, Akon plays the song for me and all of a sudden I hear Michael Jackson's voice. I was literally shaking by the time the song was over."

Discuss this story: HERE

Non-fans reactions to 'Hold My Hand' >> HERE

MJJC contest - Create your Hold My Hand graphics >> HERE

Billboard Poll - vote for Hold My Hand! - CLICK HERE!
(thanks to andythemisfit for the head-up)

Lyrics
(thanks to Sasha01)

Hold My Hand
written by Claude Kelly
performed by Akon and Michael Jackson
(Instrumental intro)
Akon:
Konvict Musik.

Michael:
Ooohh

Akon:
Yeeaaah

Michael:
Yeeaaah..

Michael:
This life don't last forever (both: hold my hand)
So tell me what we're waitin' for (both: hold my hand)
We're better off being together (both: hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone (both: hold my hand)

(both)
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright. (chorus: alright) (Michael: yea)
Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold
We can hold eachother till we see the sunlight (chorus: sunlight)

Michael: So if you just
(chorus) Hold My Hand
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do
(chorus) All I can
Akon: Things will get better if you just
(chorus) Hold my hand
Akon: Nothing can come in between us if you just
Akon: Hold
(chorus) Hold my
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hoooooold
(all) Hold my hand (Michael: hold my hand)

Akon:
The nights are getting darker (both: hold my hand)
And there's no peace inside (both: hold my hand)
So why make our lives harder (chorus: why make our lives harder) (both: hold my hand)
By fighting love, tonight. (both: Soooooo)

(both)
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright (chorus: Alright) (Akon: Alright)
Cause when it gets dark, and when it gets cold
We can hold eachother till we see the sunlight (Akon: til' we see the sunlight) (Akon: ohh yeaah)

Akon: So if you just..
(chorus) Hold my hand
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do
(chorus) All I can (Michael: if you just, if you just)
Akon: Things will get better if you just
(chorus) Hold my hand (Michael: yeaaaa)
Akon: Nothing can come in between us if you just
(chorus) Hold my (Michael: hoooooo)
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hoooooold
(all) Hold my hand (Michael: hold my hand)

(x2) Akon:
I can tell that your tired of bein' lonely (Michael: yea) ( on 2nd time repeat-Michael: Hold my hand)
Take my hand don't let go baby hold me (Michael: yeaaa) (on 2nd time repeat- Akon: Hold me)
Talk to me an let me be your one and only (Michael: hold my haaaand) (on 2nd time repeat- Akon: One and only!)
Cause I can make it alright till the mornin' (Michael: hold my hand) (on 2nd time repeat- Michael: hold my hand..)

-repeat verse-

(chorus) Hold my hand, (Michael: yeaaaa)
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do (Michael: hold my hand)
(chorus) All I can (Michael: hold my hand)
Akon: Things will get better if you just (Michael: hooooooo)
(chorus) Hold my hand (Akon: hooooold my haand)
Akon: Nothin' can come between us if you just
Akon: Hold (Michael: hoo)
(chorus) Hold my
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hoooooold (Michael: hoo)
(all) Hold my hand

Chorus now joins in stronger [forte]:
(chorus) Hold my hand
Akon: Baby I promise that I'll do (Michael: yea, yea)
(chorus) All I can (Michael: yea, yea)
Akon: Things will get better if you just (Michael: hold my haaand)
(chorus) Hold my hand (Akon: hoold my haand)
Akon: Nothin' can come between us if you just
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hold(Michael: hoo)
(chorus) Hold my
Akon: Hooold (Michael: hoo)
(all): Hold My Hand
Akon: Hold my hand
-echo out-

(Piano end, fade)

Last edited:
Re: It's here: Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" (Youtube Link inside!!)

Awesomeee!!!
Michael sounds amazing :)

Last edited:
Re: It's here: Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" (Youtube Link inside!!)

Well, I guess... it seems like it!

Re: It's here: Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" (YouTube Link inside!!)

thank you!!

Re: It's here: Akon feat. Michael Jackson "Hold my hand" (YouTube Link inside!!)

Thanks a lot! :D

LOL my pleasure... all thanks go to the person who originally uploaded it!

Thanks for posting!! :wild:

single of the summer! :punk::D

Thanks,
a good way to get the day started.

wow, it seems to be real!!! finally! wooow

I hope it will be released and soon! :)

Last edited:

Michael sounds FRESH!!!! I love this!

probably this song will from now on help me through one of the hardest times in my life! :wub:
thank you so much!

Finally! To here NEW Michael Jackson vocals on a NEW song!:(

This is the first timeThat Michael has been on something new since ive been a fan! Since about 2004.

Please guys ... DO NOT POST links to mp3 of 'hold my hand' since this could be a possible released single from Akon. Send links via PM instead.

Thanks.

Thanks Arxter.

I cannot wait for the official video if this is actually going to be released as a single. It should be. It is so much better than the original demo, I was so skeptical about it. I am so happy with the end product!

Please guys ... DO NOT POST links to mp3 of 'hold my hand' since this could be a possible released single from Akon. Send links via PM instead.

Thanks.
my bad, mate. although it's 90% the case that it's an intentional leak like all the other versions.

Thankyou so much! Seriously, I have tears in my eyes for some reason, hearing his voice again, amazing!

You are not alone, I have tears in my eyes as well. Just hearing MJ's voice takes my breath away.

He TRULY takes my breath away!

:wild: Tell me people, can you actually here Michael this time? I cant listen now coz I'm at work.. Please, anyone, are Michael's vocals audible? Is he still doing backround only?

Yes, you can hear him properly this time in the background and in the foreground and everywhere... you can even hear a "woohoo"! ;)

Last edited:

wow!

i came here to see what's up and BAM!

wow lol

No, you can hear him properly this time in the background and in the foreground and everywhere... you can even hear a whoohoo! ;)
:wild::wild::wild: REALLY? SO HE HAS HIS OWN VERSE????

:wild: Tell me people, can you actually here Michael this time? I cant listen now coz I'm at work.. Please, anyone, are Michael's vocals audible? Is he still doing backround only?
Yes you can hear Michaellllll...."These lifes don't last foreverrrrr.... so tell me what you're waiting foooooor ..." I just love how Michael extends final words of verses...amazing!! :wub: wow!

Couldn't we start a 'request HMH' campaign? :D

thanks for sharing, nice song.....

but why does it not say MJ feat Akon??? :(
and why it is not on MJ's album but on Akon's?
nevertheless lets make it nr1 across the globe to show what MJ fans are made of!

Amazing! Imagine what the crystal clear quality would sound like! just amazing!

thanks for sharing, nice song.....

but why does it not say MJ feat Akon??? :(
and why it is not on MJ's album but on Akon's?
nevertheless lets make it nr1 across the globe to show what MJ fans are made of!

Because its a single and a song from AKONS new album. Not Michaels album and that is why Michael is only singing a small part of the song.

Last edited:

Yes you can hear Michaellllll...."These lifes don't last foreverrrrr.... so tell me what you're waiting foooooor ..." I just love how Michael extends final words of verses...amazing!! :wub: wow!

Couldn't we start a 'request HMH' campaign? :D
:wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild: CANT WAIT TO HERE IT!!!!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOLD MYYYYYYYY HAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURE SUMMER HIT!

God Michael you are fukking amazing after ALL THESE YEARS !!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG MJ IS SOOO GREAT!!! I DONT EVEN HATE AKON AS MUCH AS i USE TO !!!!! THIS TRACK IS SO GREAT :WILD:

and MICHAEL JACKSON SOUNDS GREAT!!!! EVEN BETTER THEN HE DID ON INVINCIBLE!!!

Back