Biggest white Music Act ever in the Black Community ever

Lisa Stansfield
Wham!/George Michael
Average White Band
Rare Earth
Culture Club
Doobie Brothers/Michael McDonald
Beastie Boys
KC and the Sunshine Band (although technically a black band with a white singer)
Elvis' early music was popular on the "race" charts.

Last edited:
Were/Are Madonna and Elvis huge in the black community?

Were/Are Madonna and Elvis huge in the black community?

As I mentioned, EP's early songs were popular with blacks. Some of Madonna's 80s songs were played on R&B stations like "Into The Groove", "Holliday", "Like A Prayer", and a few others. "Papa Don't Preach" used to get shown on Video Soul a lot.

Here's some more that were popular:
Kenny G.
Bob James
Michael Franks

I know a lot of middle-aged black woman who love Barry Mannilow.

I'd say Eminem is a pretty big act in the black community as well.

Others I think would be Teena Marie, Mariah Carey and Justin Timberlake.

I think some are...

Teena Marie
Robin Thick
Amy Winehouse (when she first got on the scene)
Justin Timberlake (only since he hooked up with Timbaland)
KC and the Sunshine band
Jonie Mitchell

I understand the topic, but why judge music by the color of your skin? Music is music I don't care if you are black,white,yellow,red,PURPLE...

Hmmm -

Teena Marie
Justin
Michael McDonald
Robin Thicke
George Michael

Yeah, that is all I can think of.

Jon B omigod! Isn't he the one with the babyface esque voice...had a song called 'Someone to love'? I loved that guy...whatever happened to him?

Jon B omigod! Isn't he the one with the babyface esque voice...had a song called 'Someone to love'? I loved that guy...whatever happened to him?

yeah he is - and Babyface actually features in that tune lol

the bloke went through hell throughout his career and now he appears in clubs and small venues every now and then. left his longtime label and now preparing a new album with a new single called Oooh So Sexy out:

http://www.myspace.com/jonboogotti

Color Me Badd is a mixed group. 2 were white, 1 was black, and 1 was latino
Yeah I know, but still, they had a few jams out back in the day
that played heavily on R&B stations.
TIME AND CHANCE was off the hook and got everybody to dancin'!

one of the most underrated artists/songwriters.
Agree. I love his 1997 album COOL RELAX which features that jam with Tupac call ARE U STILL DOWN.
I was surprised to learn that he has released as many albums as he has.

As I mentioned, EP's early songs were popular with blacks. Some of Madonna's 80s songs were played on R&B stations like "Into The Groove", "Holliday", "Like A Prayer", and a few others. "Papa Don't Preach" used to get shown on Video Soul a lot.

Here's some more that were popular:
Kenny G.
Bob James
Michael Franks

Thank u :D But I forgot to ask, what about the Beatles? :D

She's mixed, just like Halle Berry, Shemar Moore, & Alicia Keys. They all have white mothers & black fathers

Yeah, I knew that, don't know what I was thinking. I'm mixed myself, so that was just a brain fart.

I understand the topic, but why judge music by the color of your skin? Music is music I don't care if you are black,white,yellow,red,PURPLE...

I agree with you. Why do people have to call music White music, Black music etc. Music is just music

I agree with you. Why do people have to call music White music, Black music etc. Music is just music
music is music but you have to recognise its roots. you can't dismiss race in arts especially when its roots were embedded in racial struggles and conflicts.

what i don't agree with is judging respectable artists purely on race or pigmentation, especially if they take heavy influence from a different race or background.

but then again, i also don't agree with over-sensitivities that like to ignore the obvious physiological differences between humans of a different race. that includes the noticeable differences in vocal cords.

Agreed.

Cultural differences are great as long we embrace them and respect them. It's like food for the ears.

Lisa Stansfield
Wham!/George Michael
Average White Band
Rare Earth
Culture Club
Doobie Brothers/Michael McDonald

KC and the Sunshine Band (although technically a black band with a white singer)
color]

who the hell r they??

Back