Michael Jackson - second behind George Bush in... Largest security in the world?

**Tink**

Proud Member
Ok in the late 90's, the biggest survey of its time revealed Michael Jackson as the most famous person in history, a figure of 99% of the worlds population knows who is, was stated.
London by Guinness World records) but has he really got the most security second to George Bush? I've heard this amongest the fans a few times and want to know where this information has come from & if it's true?

I doubt it... I can think of a few other world leaders who have larger and more detailed security teams. Interesting question though

Last edited:
that would be a firm no. i wouldn't be surprised if Barack Obama has a security entourage more cognizant than Bush's.

but even back in Mike's more active touring years i don't know if "biggest" matters when you bring the Secret Service into the equation.

I thought it was doubtful... protecting MJ from fans requires a lot of security, biggest amongst celebs etc... but protecting world leaders from all sorts of things would require the most security for sure

No i don,t think he is the most largest security but he sure did and still more likely has alot. But i do think there are others who are on top of the list like the Queen and all the presients.

During Michael's tours and appearances around the world I'm pretty sure his security was huge. However, it would highly surprise me if his security numbers came anywhere near that of the world's leaders, including the Pope, then or now. Not sure there's a way to legitimately pin down anything number wise anywhere, so it's just my assumption considering the political/religious impact the world would feel if a president/pope, etc were seriously injured or killed.

oh yeah forgot about the Popester-mobile

30vdh1s.jpg

f_smiley.gif

yeah, i don't think he's number two.....but you never know!!!
For some reason i can't remember MJ being surrounded by a HUMONGOUS amount of security (correct me if i'm wrong! tee hee hee)
Maybe other world leaders, the Pope, and then mj??? lol

yeah, i don't think he's number two.....but you never know!!!
For some reason i can't remember MJ being surrounded by a HUMONGOUS amount of security (correct me if i'm wrong! tee hee hee)
Maybe other world leaders, the Pope, and then mj??? lol
Michael does get very large securuty equal to heads of states, mainly because of the large crowd that he draws. Many times completes streets had to be cordoned off. There is no other celebrity that gets that or even need that, but Michael does.:D

Last edited:
nowhere near the amount of security as George Bush.. lol!

and not #2 either..

Last edited:
When he is on tour his security is enormous. He is protected not only by his personal security guards, but also by cordons of police cars going with him everywhere. It really is huge.

When we talk entertainers.. YES he has the largest security team/people..

But comparing it to some of the largest world 'leaders', is a stretch..

Mikes security non the less is REALLY impressive, knowing that he's "simply" an entertainor.. It's HUGE!!

nowhere near the amount of security as George Bush.. lol!

and not #2 either..
With the exception of state pompo and ceremonies, O would say that Mr Mochael jackson has had more security than George Bush. Bish deosn't get the amount of crowd presemce that MJ hets, so there is no need for the type of security that MJ get.

MJ's visit to the whitehouse. Security is everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUnjJsn2ntc:D

it's really not about how "large" the security is but who is behind it - Secret Service security vs. any other just doesn't quite match lol

but Mike compared to other entertainers is unmatched nonetheless.

it's really not about how "large" the security is but who is behind it - Secret Service security vs. any other just doesn't quite match lol

but Mike compared to other entertainers is unmatched nonetheless.
Anywhere where here is a large gathering of people there is bound to be secret service men about on plain clothes. Also, MJ usually get the same security as heads of states when he visits other countries.

no, in the biggest operations of Secret Service - the US SS - you don't get protection from them if you're merely an entertainer. there's really nothing wrong with admitting that LOL the security of world leaders and politically influential figures are more detailed than those of entertainers, even of Michael's unmatched calibre. it goes into intelligence agencies and whatnot.

I believe there must have been a time when he was one of the most secured personalities out there. Definitely!

Of course nowadays things are more laid back, so not anymore.

I think once MJ gets everything going full trottle and he's paying the world a visit, his security is going to increase. It will
have to for crowd control.

MJ is going to be bigger than ever.

There is a BIG difference between bodyguards/security gaurds.. even law inforcement and the secret service and thoughs who surround the president..

The Secret Service is SO large, so incredibly trained, and increadably untouchable..

The dueties of Secret Service..

* Protect the president, vice president, there spouces, there children and grandchildren untill the age of 16.. (this includes every X president)
* Invesitgates U.S. counterfits
* Investigates in financial fraud
* Forensic investigation
* Assists to protect foreign embassies
* The U.S. Naval Observitory
* And the White House
* Many other dueties that cannot be released due to security reasons..

ALSO the same people that protect and serve our country such as every branch of the military, NSA, FBI, CIA etc.. All take part in protecting not only Us citizens but highly personal to the president.. From tapping phones, interfearing secret intellegence. etc..

I mean do I really have to continue??

Just to give a little idea of how protected the president is.. He has U.S. Marines fill up gass in 'Air Force One', the presidents personal plane.. And the cars he always driven in is filled by secret service.

NOTHING goes un protected.. Just because you might not SEE people around him at ALL times does not mean no one is watching.. THAT's part of the point, a large majority of the security's job is to be UN SEEN..

Last edited:
I wouldnt think he has the 2nd largest security team but Michael does have alot of security especially in the past.I remember Michael's visit to Korea in the late 90s the security team was huge.Presidents and royalty are on another level security wise but when it comes to pop stars Michael's on his own level,but that comes with the territory with been the biggest artist on the planet.

I think you can't count it with the number of men. It's also about the education, talent and experience of the security. The more you have that the less you need manpower. And comparing pop stars to leaders isn't relevant because many times leaders use intentionally less security because bringing huge security staff looks like the leader is threatened really.

And it depends on where you are at that moment. It can be kinda "estimated" by the security how much is needed. Then you can also wear bullet proof vests if it's estimated the thread is smaller.

I think you can't count it with the number of men. It's also about the education, talent and experience of the security. The more you have that the less you need manpower. And comparing pop stars to leaders isn't relevant because many times leaders use intentionally less security because bringing huge security staff looks like the leader is threatened really.

And it depends on where you are at that moment. It can be kinda "estimated" by the security how much is needed. Then you can also wear bullet proof vests if it's estimated the thread is smaller.

Good point I've seen footage of the Queen out and about and her security "entourage" doesn't appear to be very big, but the reality is there's plenty of the top trained men and women in the world watching her movements, and more importantly watching the movements of those around her. And if I remember correctly the british are number one when it comes to the spy and police game.

50 cent was underfire ONCE.. all 5 shots were in ONE attack.. and that was before he was famous..

50 cent does have his own security.. But it's not that large in comparison to the LARGE scale security..

50 Cent was/is pretty parinoide, and has uses boolet proof vests all the time, has his security cary guns, and own guns himself..

But that should tell you enough that his security is not that large.. If you do not feel safe enough to NOT possest your OWN guns, your security must not be THAT great.. lol!

And you can find 50 cent driving his own cars and hanging out in places by himself without ANYONE around him... He does not have snipers.. So no security many times.

Last edited:
Back