the Jacksons' sports classic.

Well darn, there's something Michael isn't the best at after all. Pff. I don't believe it, someone musta drugged him before that 100 meter race. lol.

Michael would make a good distance runner though, on the serious side, lol.

Last edited:
I love these videos :) I just can't believe they competed in this competition..but looks like it was a lot of fun.

Well darn, there's something Michael isn't the best at after all. Pff. I don't believe it, someone musta drugged him before that 100 meter race. lol.

Michael would make a good distance runner though, on the serious side, lol.
Mike has never really been into athletics, lol. Jackie was going to be a baseball player before the group took off. The brothers - minus Mike & Randy - used to have a team and would play against other celeb teams in baseball.

I know, lol. I was just kidding. The brothers did say though once that they couldn't understand how Michael would be so good at basketball when he would play becuse he never practiced, lol.

Thanks for posting those vids. It was enjoyable to watch the Jackson's participate!:D

I saw these clips a few months ago, but they were taken down. Glad to see they're back up. Jackie was clearly the best athelete in the family, i'm sure he could have even had a professional career in sports if the music thing hadn't taken off. Thx for posting tho, I enjoyed seeing these clips again.

this was very funny to watch, mj isnt the best at everything, but some of the events was cut short,

oh yeah, I've seen these before! SO CUTE!
I bet it was a ton of fun for Michael to be around his musical peers and to hang out and talk and have fun with them all day!
I coulda swore MJ could run fast! guess not lol. But Jackie was FAST!
For some reason I'm surprised Latoya was out there running and stuff, lol.
Randy got smoked in the swimming! lol
But Michael is a GOOD swimmer! I guess if u have a pool in ur yard u better learn how to swim, lol.

I'm such a loser, cause i've seen these before and I still wanted to chant with them!lol EAST! EAST! EAST! EAST! especiall since i'm on the east too, one state over from indiana and theeeennnnn:

EAST WINS!!!!!!!!whooooo :)

MJ came 3rd in that race.They had him down as last. he was robbed.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!! I saw that! when the scores came up I was looking for him in third, and he wasn't!!!

INJUSTICE!

Oh really? He came in third? I guess I wasn't watching close enough. That's good. I thought Michael looked fast when he was running away from those dogs in "Moonwalker", lol. He's got fast twitch muscle, he just doesn't have the muscel mass to power out quickly I guess.

OMG!:wild: This was something unexpected. The Jacksons at a sports event. So much fun.
I just knew Jackie would win the first race.

omg somebody help did some body upload the videos of this jackson sport special i have to see them

The clips have been removed. Can someone post another link to this sporting event? I would love to see how the Jacksons compete as atheletes.

Those guys just don't age. They're so cute esp. Marlon. And they seem genuinely happy to be there too. I don't know why Jermaine and Randy aren't ever with them on these press things.

Jackie at a baseball game is pretty cute. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Marlon doesn't age :p

Jackie at a baseball game is pretty cute. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Marlon doesn't age :p
Ha but you are so right!! Have you seen "Uptown Funk" vid? There's a guy dancing behind Bruno that looks exactly like Marlon. The Marlon of today as well as 83. I thought at first it WAS Marlon. Maybe it is!!

Ha but you are so right!! Have you seen "Uptown Funk" vid? There's a guy dancing behind Bruno that looks exactly like Marlon. The Marlon of today as well as 83. I thought at first it WAS Marlon. Maybe it is!!

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/30/42/11/6431347/3/920x920.jpg Hah. I wouldn't doubt with all his comedic timing that it's probably him :p Proof that he doesn't age: 13 years have gone by since this performance and he looks the same. The. Same. Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
The Rock & Roll Sports Classic {1978}

I can't find any complete episode of this program, but people have different edits posted. I think it ran for 2 hours. Without commericals, probably 90 minutes

Earth Wind & Fire (Al McKay, Phillip Bailey, Andrew Woolfolk, Ralph Johnson, Larry Dunn)

Kenny Loggins
Runaways (Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Sandy West, Vickie Blue)
Freddie Fender
Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr.
Tanya Tucker
Helen Schneider
Leif Garrett
Alessi Bros (Billy, Bobby)
Boston (Fran Sheehan)
Commodores (William King, Ronald LaPread, Thomas McClary, Milan Williams, Lionel Richie)
Electric Light Orchestra (Hugh McDowell, Rich Tandy)
The Jacksons (Michael, Jackie, LaToya, Randy, Tito, Marlon, Janet)
Gladys Knight & The Pips (William Guest, Gladys Knight, Bubba Knight, Edward Patten)
Anne Murray
Sha Na Na (Chico Ryan, Denny Green, Bowzer, Johnny Contardo, Scott Simon, Jocko, Santini)
Rod Stewart
Seals & Crofts

^ Thanks for this. I don't think I saw the full event.

Not that it matters but I don't understand why Michael is ranked 6th after the 100 m sprint. To me he seemed to have finished 3rd.

Not that it matters but I don't understand why Michael is ranked 6th after the 100 m sprint. To me he seemed to have finished 3rd.

Maybe he stopped running as soon as it was announced that Jackie had won. lol

Whoooooaaaaa. LOL at the 70's!
Well, this was super fun to watch. I guess that interviewer was upset trying to ask Michael about sports and he said he didn't really play sports, or watch sports. LOL. I'm the same way, so not sure if I watched this back in the day. Brought back some great memories-Marlon was such a cutie. And I definitely don't remember Lionel Richie having that huge of an afro. :)

This guy tapes his VHS stuff the same way I do-tape stuff over other stuff-saw a brief glimpse of the guy who killed John Lennon for a second in the middle of the sports classic!!

Runaways

I always wondered how The Runaways got booked to do this competition. They were not really mainstream popular like most of the other acts. I doubt the average TV viewer of the time knew who The Runaways were.

Back