Boogie

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Here's songs from the Boogie album which was mentioned in the Joyful Jukebox Music thread. I'll skip "ABC", "Never Can Say Goodbye", & "Dancing Machine".

Love's Gone Bad

Last edited:
I Ain't Gonna Eat My Heart Out Anymore

Last edited:
Besides the 3 hits that were mentioned above, I couldn't find 2 songs:
Penny Arcade
Just Because I Love You

But other than that, this is the final J5 album that was briefly released in 1979

Isn't the original title of Boogie called Boogie: Natural Resources or something like that ?

Boogie is the only Jackson 5 album that I don't own on vinyl or any tangible format. You can by Boogie on iTunes. It's part of a joint 2 album Joyful Jukebox/Boogie.

Anyone got a picture of the original 1979 Boogie album cover. I think it's a photo of the Jackson 5 performing in concert from around 1974-75, because there is a distant photo of it in Michael's autobiography Moonwalk.

isn't this one the origional lp cover?:
boogie_lp_canada_200x199.jpg

Anyone got a picture of the original 1979 Boogie album cover. I think it's a photo of the Jackson 5 performing in concert from around 1974-75, because there is a distant photo of it in Michael's autobiography Moonwalk.
There's a picture of it in the Joyful Jukebox Music thread. 'Natural Resources' was a label Motown used for budget releases. I have a Motown Christmas album on that label.

I looove this album! My fav songs are Love's gone bad and I ain't gonna eat my heart out anymore! :)

Boogie was relesed by Natural Resources, the budget label of Motown.
It was released in the US and Australia (the rarest pressing of this set).

I paid a lot for an original and I don't regret it. Really great music and I am amazed that stuff like Penny Arcade and Love's Gone Bad weren't released as singles. They would have hit hard.

^^^^Not in 1979, lol. Kid acts weren't really in during that period except maybe Stacy Lattisaw and she was only played on R&B stations. I think she came out in 1980 anyway. Evelyn Champaine King was a teen singer around that time, but her voice sounded like an older person.

Back