the Lady in my Life long version on TEMJ 3.0

That's cool, I've heard an MP3 of that version and it's very nice. :)

Finally they include something that hasn't been released on CD a billion times before.

how much longer is it? does it make the song that much different?

The full version is 6:10 and has an extra verse.

The version on the "Thriller" album is 4:58.

so whos gonna post a link then lol pretty please

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I looooove LIML, and I loooooooove the long version! I've got both on my ipod and I'm excited! I hope it's remastered!!!!

"I'd trade it all for just a rainy day. As long as IIIIIIII know youuuuuu'll be theeeeere, Girl!"
*EXCITED*

hopefully it is the long version. We all know how Sony loves to use wordplay lol

Was this song officially released before? I know people have it already, but I'm wondering where it came from.

And, I think, the lyrics of the extra verse were on printed on the first Thriller-albums but you couldn't hear them. It was a mistake. So people knew there should have been a version with an extra verse. They corrected the mistake for the next albums :yes:.
That's what I heard.

The leaked version has only moderate sound quality (originally leaked back in March 2008).

The track will be digitally remastered on "THE ESSENTIAL MICHAEL JACKSON 3.0".

All US citizens should be able to BUY the single track on Amazon USA in the near future.

Remember: Downloading commercially released music is stealing from the artists and thus a crime.

The leaked version has only moderate sound quality (originally leaked back in March 2008).

The track will be digitally remastered on "THE ESSENTIAL MICHAEL JACKSON 3.0".

All US citizens should be able to BUY the single track on Amazon USA in the near future.

Remember: Downloading commercially released music is stealing from the artists and thus a crime.

errrrr.yeah. Of course we'll buy it even if we've got it ^^^^^^^
I'll buy anything official of/from MJ!

ANYWAY, like I said....I hope it's remastered cause I can't wait!!!!!:wild:

Last edited:
August 18th, 2008: The Essential Michael Jackson 3.0 - Update

Contrary to the news item published at LegacyRecordings.com, the Essential Michael Jackson 3.0 set WILL NOT include the full length version of The Lady in My Life.

The track, considered at some point during the elaboration of the final selection, will not be included in this 3CD set.

Source: Sony BMG / MJ data bank
This news can be reposted with a credit to MJ data bank

http://mjdatabank.com/english_version/news/news_main_current.htm

Well thanks a lot Sony. I probably won't be buying this any more.

WHY ON EARTH does Sony think Michael's fans will be buying these records when omitting the most interesting bonus tracks for the fans!!
Aaaahw Sony's sooooo un**#%&*ckingbelievably phony...

cananyone send me a download link to the song?

*edit* got it.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm just about to buy this! Thanks, MJDataBank. But how much disappointment...

*backflips n thread* yayyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaay (altho i already knew lol)

Got danged it, can somebody posted now, since it won't be on any albums that I know of. I used to have this.

They lost potential customers of the album:smilerolleyes: I was gonna buy it only for the extended version. Thanx for the link troubleman.

Back