Toni Braxton

TillitsGone

Proud Member
I've been getting more and more into her music the past couple months, to the point where I am now a big fan. Who else loves this deep voiced diva... huh? I can't be the only one.

23_picture.jpg

Vocal skillz:
Voice type: Deep Contralto
Highest note: B5, C6
Lowest note: AZ
Vocal range: 3.Z octaves

NOTE: She is supposedly working on a new album (a follow up from her 2005 album Libra, go buy it lol). and she will also be on the second season of Dancing With the Stars, premiering on September 22nd. I'm soo excited!!!

Last edited:
Re: Toni Braxton... yep.

Toni Braxton is a great singer. Her album "Secretes" doesn't really have a bad track on it. She's underrated big time.

Yeah, she sure is. I hope the album comes out soon; she's supposed to be meeting with label heads to promote her. Her last label, Blackground, did such a poor job of promoting Libra. One of the best albums of the millennium. So hopefully everything will go alright this time around, though I could care less if it's promoted well or not. As long as the music is good, whatever is whatever.

Also her personal life has been a lil hard on her. She's got a heart condition (I have to check what it is), so it's been holding on to her for some time now, and one of her sons are autistic, Diezel, his name is. But Toni has said she's been doing ok, and she ain't losing hope.

I can't wait to see her on DWTS. Here's a promo pic of her and Alec Mazo. She's still a bombshell:
toni_braxton_dancing.jpg

I absolutely love her music! I have all her albums. So if true, I'm excited for the new album!

Ooh, I get so high when I'm around you baby
I can touch the sky, You make my temperature riiiise

I absolutely love her music! I have all her albums. So if true, I'm excited for the new album!

Ooh, I get so high when I'm around you baby
I can touch the sky, You make my temperature riiiise

Got anotha one :dance:

Yeah, she actually said on one show (I think it was Montel Williams) that she planned for it to be released around June 2008, but I guess plans backfired or something. No one's sure if she's found a label yet or if she's still unsigned.

In an interview with Groovevolt.com Braxton said "I've been recording on my own. I went down to the studio recently, and just laid down the idea. I just don't want to forget it." Still, she won't re-record anything from Libra, and will never re-sing anything from Blackground. "I may sing a few songs on tour," she said. "There is a song, 'I Wanna Be (Your Baby),' that was dedicated to Diezel. I will always sing that song.".[33] "On the next album, I will not be doing any hip-hop. Maybe as a guest on other albums. I would love to work with Michael Buble. I would love to work with Rodney Jerkins, Rich Harrison again, and maybe Ne-Yo. I really like his style." She added that she did not know if her husband would be working with her on the next album. "I may try something totally different this time around." Still, she left the door open, adding, "Of course, if he has a hot track, it will be on the album."

It's so ridiculous that she has to find a label. People should be knocking the door down to sign her. She's smokin' too. She makes Beyonce look totally average.

That's cool that she won't be doing any hip hop. She doesn't need that. She's a song bird, you know. She doesn't need to fit in or go with the trends. She's got the talent to do what she wants.

And even if some of her music had a lil hip hop flavor, it'd still sound good. Like her album More than A Woman; it's supposed to be considered her worst album by critics and most fans. I don't know why, cause I've heard some tracks and I love it, lol. I think the Neptunes did a pretty good job, except for Irv Gotti. The song Me and My Boyfriend didn't get out, and Jay and B ended up making their version and putting it out there, knowing darn well Toni had it first. So as a result, their song became a hit, and Toni's was left in the dust.

Mm hmm, but anywayz that's over with, lol. Love both versions.

I love her!Her voice is so versatile.Her first 2 albums are the best!

I Love Toni Braxton!
My mom used to play her all the time when i was little

Last edited:

both her voice and her looks remind me of an ex i'd rather forget, but i'm a fan of How Many Ways (Vince Herbert on production, who's one of my favs) and Take This Ring with Rich Harrison. not a fan of her vocals though..

^^
tamar01.jpg

Aw well, what about lil sis, Tamar? :lol: Look alike, not much in voice though...

Toni Braxton is a great singer. Her album "Secretes" doesn't really have a bad track on it. She's underrated big time.

amen to this!!!:smilerolleyes: Her "Secrets" is one of my fave albums. All the songs are good! And i mean...really good. Every track makes for easy listening. Too bad, she's not in the music scene lately. Such a waste of talent! Her vocals are sexy, emotive, and wow! her range is impressive plus, she definitely got style :clapping:

both her voice and her looks remind me of an ex i'd rather forget, but i'm a fan of How Many Ways (Vince Herbert on production, who's one of my favs) and Take This Ring with Rich Harrison. not a fan of her vocals though..

oh axter... in that case ur ex (ooops, sorry for mentioning :scratch:) is one hot mama!:yes:

I think if Mike and her did a track together, it'd be hotNESS! Their voices are indentical,IMO. The way they pronounce the words, the emotion in their vocals, the hesitancy. Not in tone of course. Just my opinion.

She's the first female singer that comes to mind when I answer questions like "Which singer's voice you wish to have?"

I love her albums a lot. Yea Secrets and The Heat. She's got this very unique phrasing and runs.

Tony is the modern day Anita Baker, she has a very similiar register to Anita's. "Secrets" is indeed a gem, I havnt come across anyone who doesnt like that album.

Yeah, she does remind me of Anita Baker. I love Toni tho, she has such a lovely, unique voice. I always look forward to hearing new material from her.

When singers record, they can either cut out their breathing sound or leave them there so listeners can listen. Toni got one of the best breathing sound when singing. Sexy.

TilitsGone said:
I think if Mike and her did a track together, it'd be hotNESS! Their voices are indentical,IMO. The way they pronounce the words, the emotion in their vocals, the hesitancy. Not in tone of course. Just my opinion.
I agree.

Re: Toni Braxton... yep. [UPDATE! Sep 30. 08]

BUMP!

EXCLUSIVE: Toni Braxton (Dancing With The Stars) has just signed a deal with Atlantic Records. The 6-time Grammy winner is gathering songs to record her new album while competing on ABC's Dancing With The Stars with partner Alec Mazo. Atlantic Records hopes to have new music from Braxton out by early 2009! Go Toni and Go Team Brazo. Remember to watch DWTS Monday's on ABC and don't forget to vote.

http://tonisloverboy.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-record-deal-for-toni-braxton.html

Re: Toni Braxton... yep. [UPDATE! Sep 30. 08]

Her first 2 CD's are in always in heavy rotation in my collection. I loaned The Heat to someone and never saw it again. :( For some reason I never got her other CDs after that, but Imma treat myself to a lil CD spree for Christmas and might get 'em then.

I Love Me Some Him and Find Me A Man are always on repeat. Yummay. :wub:

I'm glad she's doing better healthwise these days. Her sister Tamar is pretty talented, too. Loved her CD as well.

Re: Toni Braxton... yep. [NEW SINGLE, "Get Loose"]

http://tonibraxtonweb.org/

Accordingly to JET Magazine the first single from Toni’s upcomming album is titled “Get Loose”.

ToniBraxtonWeb has also learned that the single is produced by DarkChild and the video is directed by Billie Woodruff. Details on the way!

Be sure to pick up your copy of JET magazines out now

Re: Toni Braxton - LEAKED SONG "Melt (Like an Iceberg)"!!!

Melt (Like An Iceberg)-Toni Braxton (Leaked single)
November 15th, 2008 by Co-Admin 1 Comment
Filed Under: Streaming Media, Toni Braxton A new Toni Braxton song has now been leaked! A sign of GREAT things to come!

Download HERE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLZG1MO9

Thank you Toni Online for the heads up.

--If this don't catch your attention I don't know what will. They say it's a leaked single, but I don't know if it's the first(see above post for details).

cheers, LeShae. it's a nice sultry slow-jam, i like it. the production's lacking, though. maybe this is just a demo..

hey, thats the first time someone's called me by my name :D

LOL anywayz, it's cool. It'll take me few more listenings to get me into it (i'm still stuck on Libra). but it's got me anticipating this album even more. I can't wait!!!!

Back